“Peace, quiet and excellent breakfast”

Bowers Hill Farm B&B
Ranked #9 of 30 Broadway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at Bowers Hill as part of a short walking holiday in the Cotswolds. The Farm is quite isolated and, to us, this was a bonus as the silent evenings and nights are a far cry from our rather noisy city habitat. Our room was really nice with lots of space and a fabulous bed in which we slept as well as we have ever slept. Martin and Sarah provided us with lots of information about the area and places to eat; there breakfasts were an absolute joy with lots of variety and heavenly home made jams and marmalade.
The farm is a convenient jumping off place for numerous stunning places in the North Cotswolds and an ideal place for a short term break.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bowers Hill Farm B&B

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We were holidaying in UK in May 2012 and booked 2 nights at Bowers Hill Farm to enjoy the beautiful English countryside. I did all my enquiries and booking from India and was quite apprehensive about what the place would actually be like. We were travelling with 2 kids and were keen that we check in to a child friendly place. A lot of my worries were taken care of by Sarah's personal inputs. She was very transparent about what we could expect from their B&B and also assured us of all the additional arrangements they would make, given we had two small kids.

The place didn't disappoint us at all. It was charming from the word go. The rooms were adequately furnished and comfortable. They had a good stock of books and toys in the family room, to keep the kids busy. The other room meant for a couple is not so big and the bathroom is very small too. Breakfast was a lovely English affair and Sarah was kind enough to pack us some croissants and yoghurt for the kids, to see us through the day.

The B&B was just ideally located for us to explore in and around Cotswold. We went around Broadway, Bourton-on-the-Water, Adam Henson's Cotswold Farm Park and Stow-on-the-Wold.

If you are looking for a rural countryside experience and want to spend the night in a child friendly place, this is the B&B to go for. Book the family room as its the best.

Room Tip: We booked the Family Room - well furnished, lovely view of the stables, large bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gayatri1011
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We have 2 girls ages 6yr and 4yr and were made to feel very welcome. Perfect room for a family of 4. We enjoyed sitting in comfortable lounge by fire while girls went to bed slighlty earlier. Our girls loved it so much we have rebooked, highlights were the window seats, horses and most of all owners being so friendly and helpful. We were recommended a fab pub with open fires which made our little holiday. Breakfast delicious too. Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I booked this B&B a month before we travelled and I did it by calling the farm directly and spoke to Sarah the owner. She didn't strike me as the friendliest person in the world or one that was happy to speak to a very good customer who was booking a weekend at her B&B, but I really liked her place when I saw it online and thought we would have a great time nevertheless. She assured me it was all booked and I was pleased.
The day came for us to go to the Cotswolds and my kids, husband and another family friends were well excited!! Unfortunatelly the motorway was really busy and what was supposed to be a 2 hours trip, soon became a very tire ding 5.5hrs drive. We had 60 miles left to get there when I decided to call the B&B and tell them we are on our way. Martin (Sarah's husband) answered the phone and 2 minutes into our very strange conversation, I was told that our booking does not exist and he was not aware that we were coming! Sarah was away until 9 pm that evening and Martin was totally lost if not a little out of his depth with it all. I can't say he properly apologised either, he said to me to get there and he will see what he can do. He did say he had vacant rooms but because his wife was not home, the rooms could not be ready until 11pm that night! Now, if that was my B&B, I would first of all offered a very heartfelt apology and then I would have started straight away to put 2 rooms together as best as I could! At the end of the day, it would have been good business for me and my customers would have been happy! But no, we were never offered the rooms there, instead, when we got there, Martin offered to drive us to a nearby B&B owned by a friend, and that was it! Almost felt like he was trying to get rid of us! He did say he was sorry and this time I did feel sorry for him, as I genuinely believe it was not his fault, it was his wife who dealt with customers and bookings. We ended up in this B&B which was not what I envisaged when I was planning my Cotswolds trip, but that's another story!
We had to pay £300 for the accommodation which was £100 more than what sarah and i agreed for bowers hill rooms. At this point I was so tired and angry that we decided to just go for dinner and try to relax and enjoy. The next day Sarah did email (not call!) and she offered her apologies and also a 10 percent discount for our next visit (as if that was going to happen!). I made it very clear to her that I wanted her to pay £100 to me which was the difference I had to fork out for the accommodation. She said she would call me to discuss and never heard from her for another 3 days. She did eventually call and said, because business was very tight, she could not give me £100, but that she would be happy to send a £25 cheque instead! I thought that was insulting, but in the end I reluctantly agreed to it. It was never about the money, it was the principle of it, but seems to me they have very little ethics when it comes to running their business. And Sarah, if you are reading this, I somehow find it very hard to feel sorry for you and your business being tight, if that was indeed the case, you would have done everything possible to accommodate us at your B&B, that would have brought you a profit of £400 for a weekend!

So I guess my advice is, if you are ever going to stay at this B&B, please check a day or 2 in advance, to make sure you are booked in!
The Cotswolds are beautiful though and in the end we enjoyed ourselves, but I just wish we did not have to go through all that heart ache in the beginning.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Good, solid B&B with nice sized rooms, comfy beds. big bathroom and really good breakfast. It's a little off the beaten track but that's not a bad thing as it's nice and quiet. Only about 30 minutes to Stratford-upon-Avon and well located to explore the Cotswolds.

The thing that amused us though (and put us off a little) were the many little notes and signs around the room asking us to "please do this" or "not do that". It just made us feel that bit uncomfortable.

Other than that, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank spiderfernandez
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Excellent b&b accommodation. Enormous bed, delicious breakfast and super hosts. If you don't mind the driving to get to places it's the ideal and most peaceful spot to stay. Near beautiful villages and countryside.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Bowers Hill Farm. Sarah and Martin were excellent hosts and made us feel at home straight away. They were very helpful and gave good advice on places to explore and where to eat in the evening. The bedrooms were clean, neat and comfortable, with everything that we needed. Breakfast was fantastic, with a huge selection to choose from. The farm is located in beautiful countryside and the farmhouse is very cosy. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadway
The Fish Hotel
#2 of 6 in Broadway
The Northwick Hotel
The Northwick Hotel
#5 of 11 in Evesham

Been to Bowers Hill Farm B&B? Share your experiences!