“Perfect!”

Ranked #9 of 30 Broadway B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Honestly the perfect stay! Food was lovely, hospitality was amazing, room was comfortable and exactly what we needed (yes, we had an ATTIC ROOM!), I could not have asked for more! Sarah and Martin would have happily have helped with anything if we had asked (even if it was for a little more breakfast, which there was plenty of) and they were great to chat to :D I would happily go back for another stay, I haven't felt so relaxed in a long time, the perfect birthday break away from London town. I highly recommend staying at Bowers Hill Farm, thank you so much Sarah and Martin! Elly xx

Room Tip: Even the attic rooms are good, despite the bad reviews!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This was the last stay on our holiday. We had stayed in two previous B and Bs and had been delighted with the service and value for money that we had received. We found this one to be not nearly up to the standard of the others and it was more expensive. One of the difficulties seems to have been a lack of communication regarding exact price of rooms and arrival time etc An email did come on the 24th (we checked when we got home) but this was only 2 days before we actually arrived and we were already on holiday at the time so therefore did not receive it. It was therefore somewhat of a shock when we received the bill and also to find out that there were different prices for each room. In the email it was actually stated that both rooms (we were two couples travelling together) were the same but that is not what we were allocated. We feel it is misleading to advertise that rooms are from £65. People need to know the exact price they will pay as soon as the booking is made. We are from overseas and were very disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pandmsutton
Littlehampton
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We booked a king-size attic room on line on 3rd March. We telephoned on the day of our journey and was told by Mr Bent that our room would be ready. On arrival in Mid June, we were told by Mrs Bent that as we had arrived last we had to have the attic room. It was very small and with sloping roof so that on had to bend double on one side of the bed to get in and out of it. Mrs Bent said that she would change in the next day, She did not because she said that they had taken new bookings. When we complained she grudgingly took £6.00 off the bill. The farm was advertised as having good views. Not visible unless one stuck ones head out of the velux window. The room was not as booked. They got the breakfast wrong both days, despite filling in forms. I think we must have had the worst room in the house. If we wanted a cheaper attic room with we would have booked one, We wanted a king-size room with the glorious views advertised on their website. They ruined our short break and we will never go there again.

Room Tip: No matter how tired you are make a big fuss if you are given a room smaller and not what you have bo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BELL359
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at Bowers Hill as part of a short walking holiday in the Cotswolds. The Farm is quite isolated and, to us, this was a bonus as the silent evenings and nights are a far cry from our rather noisy city habitat. Our room was really nice with lots of space and a fabulous bed in which we slept as well as we have ever slept. Martin and Sarah provided us with lots of information about the area and places to eat; there breakfasts were an absolute joy with lots of variety and heavenly home made jams and marmalade.
The farm is a convenient jumping off place for numerous stunning places in the North Cotswolds and an ideal place for a short term break.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Pune, India
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We were holidaying in UK in May 2012 and booked 2 nights at Bowers Hill Farm to enjoy the beautiful English countryside. I did all my enquiries and booking from India and was quite apprehensive about what the place would actually be like. We were travelling with 2 kids and were keen that we check in to a child friendly place. A lot of my worries were taken care of by Sarah's personal inputs. She was very transparent about what we could expect from their B&B and also assured us of all the additional arrangements they would make, given we had two small kids.

The place didn't disappoint us at all. It was charming from the word go. The rooms were adequately furnished and comfortable. They had a good stock of books and toys in the family room, to keep the kids busy. The other room meant for a couple is not so big and the bathroom is very small too. Breakfast was a lovely English affair and Sarah was kind enough to pack us some croissants and yoghurt for the kids, to see us through the day.

The B&B was just ideally located for us to explore in and around Cotswold. We went around Broadway, Bourton-on-the-Water, Adam Henson's Cotswold Farm Park and Stow-on-the-Wold.

If you are looking for a rural countryside experience and want to spend the night in a child friendly place, this is the B&B to go for. Book the family room as its the best.

Room Tip: We booked the Family Room - well furnished, lovely view of the stables, large bathroom
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gayatri1011
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We have 2 girls ages 6yr and 4yr and were made to feel very welcome. Perfect room for a family of 4. We enjoyed sitting in comfortable lounge by fire while girls went to bed slighlty earlier. Our girls loved it so much we have rebooked, highlights were the window seats, horses and most of all owners being so friendly and helpful. We were recommended a fab pub with open fires which made our little holiday. Breakfast delicious too. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I booked this B&B a month before we travelled and I did it by calling the farm directly and spoke to Sarah the owner. She didn't strike me as the friendliest person in the world or one that was happy to speak to a very good customer who was booking a weekend at her B&B, but I really liked her place when I saw it online and thought we would have a great time nevertheless. She assured me it was all booked and I was pleased.
The day came for us to go to the Cotswolds and my kids, husband and another family friends were well excited!! Unfortunatelly the motorway was really busy and what was supposed to be a 2 hours trip, soon became a very tire ding 5.5hrs drive. We had 60 miles left to get there when I decided to call the B&B and tell them we are on our way. Martin (Sarah's husband) answered the phone and 2 minutes into our very strange conversation, I was told that our booking does not exist and he was not aware that we were coming! Sarah was away until 9 pm that evening and Martin was totally lost if not a little out of his depth with it all. I can't say he properly apologised either, he said to me to get there and he will see what he can do. He did say he had vacant rooms but because his wife was not home, the rooms could not be ready until 11pm that night! Now, if that was my B&B, I would first of all offered a very heartfelt apology and then I would have started straight away to put 2 rooms together as best as I could! At the end of the day, it would have been good business for me and my customers would have been happy! But no, we were never offered the rooms there, instead, when we got there, Martin offered to drive us to a nearby B&B owned by a friend, and that was it! Almost felt like he was trying to get rid of us! He did say he was sorry and this time I did feel sorry for him, as I genuinely believe it was not his fault, it was his wife who dealt with customers and bookings. We ended up in this B&B which was not what I envisaged when I was planning my Cotswolds trip, but that's another story!
We had to pay £300 for the accommodation which was £100 more than what sarah and i agreed for bowers hill rooms. At this point I was so tired and angry that we decided to just go for dinner and try to relax and enjoy. The next day Sarah did email (not call!) and she offered her apologies and also a 10 percent discount for our next visit (as if that was going to happen!). I made it very clear to her that I wanted her to pay £100 to me which was the difference I had to fork out for the accommodation. She said she would call me to discuss and never heard from her for another 3 days. She did eventually call and said, because business was very tight, she could not give me £100, but that she would be happy to send a £25 cheque instead! I thought that was insulting, but in the end I reluctantly agreed to it. It was never about the money, it was the principle of it, but seems to me they have very little ethics when it comes to running their business. And Sarah, if you are reading this, I somehow find it very hard to feel sorry for you and your business being tight, if that was indeed the case, you would have done everything possible to accommodate us at your B&B, that would have brought you a profit of £400 for a weekend!

So I guess my advice is, if you are ever going to stay at this B&B, please check a day or 2 in advance, to make sure you are booked in!
The Cotswolds are beautiful though and in the end we enjoyed ourselves, but I just wish we did not have to go through all that heart ache in the beginning.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Laura C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadway
The Fish Hotel
Evesham Hotel
Evesham Hotel
#1 of 11 in Evesham
Lowerfield Farm Bed and Breakfast

Been to Bowers Hill Farm B&B? Share your experiences!