“pleased with our stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Evesham
Riverside Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Reviewed 30 December 2013

It was with great trepidation that I booked this hotel. The previous reviews were not that great. However, this hotel is under new management and from what I saw is a complete 180 of what this hotel was a month ago. I was extremely pleased with my stay. The hotel staff were excellent, and the new owner made sure our stay was comfortable. The location is very nice, with views of the lake and ample parking. There is still some improvements to be made, but the hotel is 100% going in the right direction. And I would most definitely stay her again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I booked this place as a last minute getaway, and then read the reviews....needless to say I arrived expecting to be disappointed. I couldn't have been more wrong! The hotel is apparently under new ownership and looks like some serious changes have already been made. The staff were more than welcoming, really friendly and helpful. Our room I can honestly say was very comfortable, had everything that we needed but however could have done with a bit of modernisation, but none the less a comfortable nights sleep. The breakfast was yummy, a full English is the only way to go! Overall a lovely place to stay by the River, with beautiful views. We will be returning next year.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank lorny84
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is under new ownership (4 weeks ago) and I can assure you that in just this short time it has pulled itself out of the gutter. Friendly staff great rooms and a great price. I would have given 5 stars but some of the rooms could do with modernising which will happen I'm sure. Well worth a stay if you ate in the area

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The new managers/owners literally could not have done more to improve this hotels reputation. We received outstanding service in every respect and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. They are working very hard to improve the public areas and rooms. We were given a free upgrade and served a delicious dinner. We were late for breakfast and prepared to accept we wouldn't get served but were treated to an outstanding full English. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philfromweston
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my second visit to the Riverside hotel and for sheer escapism this hotel is ideal situated by the river on a nice quiet location. The restaurant serves the best steak in England they claim hung for 28 days and I firmly believe it, their meat is locally sourced.
All rooms from what I could see overlook the river as does the restaurant and bar area. I was on here on business and for me this hotel was ideal with wifi throughout the hotel.
They are currently under new management with some refurbishment in the offing so I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here recently with some trepidation after reading the Trip Advisor reviews but to be far, it was a lot better than expected. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. We were given a good room with most things we would want. It was very comfortable. It even had it's own lounge and a kitchen! The food was fine in the main. I had a sirloin which was very tasty. The only criticism as with the breakfast is that the food went cold quickly and the plated were not warm. Nowhere is perfect and you can always nit pick. We came for an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast and got pretty much what we wanted. If I wanted the Ritz I would have booked it! Some small points like no bin in the bedroom but a very comfortable nights sleep and nt at all like the rather mean spirited reviews we had read. Don't be put off.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShropshireBigpete
Reviewed 23 October 2013

we had the worst stay here ever.
We booked the family room when we arived we cound not find anyone to book us in it took 3/4 of a hour to get a room it was not a family room we were given two rooms next to each other. We were taken down stairs again and told you have to pay up front by a 16 year old PAY NOW WE WERE TOLD in a loud vioce, wish i never did.
Their was a loose mirror half hang from the wall wires from tv sockets and power points all over the place.
Flys in the window, cups and glasses also pint glass not washed why cups and glass were not taken away is behond me GLASS IN A KIDS ROOM ??? The cups are left over from tea and coffe but their is no tea or coffee in the rooms
Beds backing on to windows so kids can or cound climb out, to top that we were three storys up ??? with kids.
No tea and coffee in rooms, its two floors down no cups milk gone off it is in a fridge though you have to get your own water for kettle ???
We were then kept awake all night from noise at the bar i think a lot of late night drinking goes on here thats how it stays open.
Breakfast was pants and the health dept needs to look into it soon.
Orange juice that had gone off, saus was thin litte ones (1) bacon black, no toast, two eggs one cooked, one raw, some sort of potato thing not hash brown, chopped toms from a tin
We left it and went to morrisons.
WE WILL NOT BE BACK = UCK UCK AND MORE UCKS
only one choice of cerrals rice crispes

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family