“I won't be back”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Evesham
Riverside Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
“I won't be back”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The hotel is located at the far end of a very narrow lane and was difficult to find on a dark wet evening.
Reception is behind the bar which is down a narrow flight of stairs. Having hauled my luggage down there, I then had to haul it all back up again to get to my room.
On first impression, the room looked lovely, a big bed, large bay window overlooking the river and a jacuzzi bath. The floor has sagged in several directions and was very uneven. The head end of the bed appeared to be lower than the foot end.
There were 4 choices of starter and 4 choices of main course, all freshly cooked but rather limited.
On my 3rd morning, I went down for breakfast at 8 o'clock and found that there were no staff present at all, so I had to let myself into the kitchen and find the cereal and milk. I couldn't find the teapots or any bread, so couldn't have any tea or toast!
As I got to the end of the lane, the owner was on the way in, and apologised for the lack of staff. The current owners do not live on site, and were apparently let down by the chef who would normally open up for breakfast.
I understand that the current owners only took over a couple of months previously, and that the hotel has improved over that time. That is not my impression.
This is a tired hotel that needs a lot of work doing to it and although the staff were friendly, it is unacceptable that any guest is expected to fend for themselves!

Room Tip: Room 4 has very unven floor. Apparently Room 5 is worse! Rooms 2, 3 and 4 are over the Restaurant/ba...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank PaultheScopie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

It was with great trepidation that I booked this hotel. The previous reviews were not that great. However, this hotel is under new management and from what I saw is a complete 180 of what this hotel was a month ago. I was extremely pleased with my stay. The hotel staff were excellent, and the new owner made sure our stay was comfortable. The location is very nice, with views of the lake and ample parking. There is still some improvements to be made, but the hotel is 100% going in the right direction. And I would most definitely stay her again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
sheffield
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I booked this place as a last minute getaway, and then read the reviews....needless to say I arrived expecting to be disappointed. I couldn't have been more wrong! The hotel is apparently under new ownership and looks like some serious changes have already been made. The staff were more than welcoming, really friendly and helpful. Our room I can honestly say was very comfortable, had everything that we needed but however could have done with a bit of modernisation, but none the less a comfortable nights sleep. The breakfast was yummy, a full English is the only way to go! Overall a lovely place to stay by the River, with beautiful views. We will be returning next year.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank lorny84
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is under new ownership (4 weeks ago) and I can assure you that in just this short time it has pulled itself out of the gutter. Friendly staff great rooms and a great price. I would have given 5 stars but some of the rooms could do with modernising which will happen I'm sure. Well worth a stay if you ate in the area

Stayed December 2013
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The new managers/owners literally could not have done more to improve this hotels reputation. We received outstanding service in every respect and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. They are working very hard to improve the public areas and rooms. We were given a free upgrade and served a delicious dinner. We were late for breakfast and prepared to accept we wouldn't get served but were treated to an outstanding full English. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Philfromweston
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was my second visit to the Riverside hotel and for sheer escapism this hotel is ideal situated by the river on a nice quiet location. The restaurant serves the best steak in England they claim hung for 28 days and I firmly believe it, their meat is locally sourced.
All rooms from what I could see overlook the river as does the restaurant and bar area. I was on here on business and for me this hotel was ideal with wifi throughout the hotel.
They are currently under new management with some refurbishment in the offing so I look forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Shropshire
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here recently with some trepidation after reading the Trip Advisor reviews but to be far, it was a lot better than expected. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. We were given a good room with most things we would want. It was very comfortable. It even had it's own lounge and a kitchen! The food was fine in the main. I had a sirloin which was very tasty. The only criticism as with the breakfast is that the food went cold quickly and the plated were not warm. Nowhere is perfect and you can always nit pick. We came for an overnight stay with dinner and breakfast and got pretty much what we wanted. If I wanted the Ritz I would have booked it! Some small points like no bin in the bedroom but a very comfortable nights sleep and nt at all like the rather mean spirited reviews we had read. Don't be put off.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShropshireBigpete
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
Evesham Hotel
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Best Western Salford Hall Hotel
Best Western Salford Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abbots Salford

Been to Riverside Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!