Booked this without checking the reviews, then read them, and wondered what I had let myself in for!
1. The room was fantastic: beautiful view over the river, big comfortable bed, well decorated, and quiet.
2. Restaurant was closed but they rustled me up a genuinely home-made pork curry - just magical.
3. Sold me the best part of a bottle of red wine for £6!
4. Staff all very friendly and helpful.
1. Very run down in places and in desperate need of some money spending on it.
2. A long way out of town so useless as a base if, like me, you came on the train,
3. Obviously very short of cash - as I was leaving the guy delivering drinks was insisting on COD or he would take them away again, and no-one seemed to have any way of paying him.
4. Fine on a hot summer day; I'd be less confident if it were cold and raining - don't think the windows and doors fit that well.
Overall, as other reviewers have found, very hit and miss!
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Hotel And Restaurant
- Riverside Hotel Evesham
- Riverside Hotel & Restaurant Evesham, Worcestershire