Evesham Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Reviewed 23 September 2013

What a great a unique little hotel this is - terribly comfortable rooms with wonderful big baths and lots of nice toiletries. The garden has a massive Whale Jaw Bone under an ancient Cedar Tree and the Key Fobs are Teddy Bears - wonderful! The food is great too and the staff most helpful and welcoming!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Savage_Sue

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I am unsure what to write really, we returned to The Evesham Hotel after 16 years and it was not as charming as I had remembered.

It is an unusual hotel which has some nice quirky touches but our room was so stuffy that it made my asthma play up, I had to sleep on the sofa by the window. The room was clean and had a lovely sitting area overlooking the garden but it was all just a bit shabby.

Breakfast was ok, no juice or yogurt on the first morning and sausages not cooked on the second.

We did have a lovely weekend but probably won't be returning.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

An excellent hotel with very helpful and friendly owners and staff who made our stay a very pleasant one.

Our room was very clean and well furnished with a naval theme with cabin beds, port-hole mirrors etc. which almost made us think we were on a cruise in a spacious cabin; I assume that other rooms had other themes.

The food was superb, and there were several rooms; including a well stocked bar; where you could chill out and read one of the many books that were there, in comfortable armchairs and settees.

There were also many teddy bears around the Hotel, in fact our room keys had a teddy bear attached and there was also an area with toys and games to keep any children occupied on a wet day.

I couldn't fault the hotel for the food, the well furnished rooms, the friendly atmosphere or the cleanliness; and the location is just a stones throw from the river and just a short walk from the town centre.

Oh, I forgot there is also an indoor swimming pool there; although we didn't get the time to use it.

I will certainly be going back again.

Room Tip: Book early as it is deservedly a very popular Hotel.
2  Thank Keith M
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night in August for our anniversary. This was our third visit and we would not hesitate to return. We much prefer this type of hotel to an impersonal chain. The owner John does his utmost to keep his guests happy and has a very quirky sense of humour.
The rooms are very clean and extremely comfortable and have all the amenities that you would need.We had the sea-themed Tropical room which overlooks the garden and has a fish tank in the bathroom!
Dinner and breakfast are beautifully served in the lovely dining room and the food is of a very high standard.
Highly recommended for those who like comfort and a personal touch.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 880Ruthie
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have stayed at the Evesham Hotel three times now and I have found the hotel to be fantastic every time. The rooms are always clean, tidy and incredibly spacious. I love the teddy bears around the place and the massive collection of books, most of which are hilarious. The owner is a fantastic man whose quick wit and passion is fresh to see after staying in faceless chain hotels. My highlight of my stays was when he let me try on his Dennis The Menace costume, something I have wanted to do since I was a child reading the beano every week. The food at the hotel is also fantastic. You also have to check out the men's toilet downstairs in the bar. So much fun and easy to spend ages in reading the walls. It has to be seen to be believed. Breakfast is always perfect and a great start to the day. The range of dishes served in the evening is brilliant and cooked to the highest standard.

This is my favourite hotel to stay at in the UK purely because it has such a homely feel. Funny, quirky and a great place to come and feel young.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if a themed room is available. they are so cool and very well done!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rdp90
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights and from the time we arrived the service was amazing, the toilets were a complete surprise but great fun. The staff and owners could not do enough very attentive and even the eccentricity of the owner made this stay worthwhile. The food was amazing and our bedroom was clean comfortable and spacious, the swimming pool was a delight, we arrived very tired and left relaxed and refreshed, so much so we are returning again next week

Room Tip: We had Room 35 lovely outlook and peaceful
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I had to write this after seeing some not terribly complimentary reviews.

I first visited the Evesham about eleven years ago. Since then, I have been back I think eight times because the staff are superb, the hotel is spotless, and the meals - well, I cannot eat lunch there if I want an evening meal.

It is quirky, yes. Eccentric, possibly. A hotel in which all the key fobs are teddy bears cannot be classed in the same way as a Hilton. If you want modern rooms, all identical, you are looking at the wrong hotel. The Evesham is a genuine, old-fashioned home from home. When you first walk in, you are struck by the array of newspaper articles singing the praises of the place. The owner and his wife are wonderful, and have a brilliant imaginative flair. Many of the rooms are laid out in a fabulous manner, with one set out in ancient Egyptian style, another in Roman; one takes the sea as its theme, another is Japanese. The suites are wonderful - especially the one set out with Alice in Wonderland as the concept, with bunk beds that have a smoking caterpillar as the staircase, and hidden tea-party chamber for children. My two children have been to the hotel many times and adore that suite.

But it's not just a hotel for families and children. They will cater for, as they say, children of all ages. For businessmen and others, it is a little haven of peace. No, there isn't a fully equipped gym. But from my own experience travelling on business, that was the least of my concerns. There is a good, full sized swimming pool open from early in the morning for those who want some exercise, and if you enjoy running, you have the sweep of the Avon only a short way outside the door.

The food is of the very highest quality. Breakfast is wonderful, whether you like to choose from one of the innumerable cereals (the owner prides himself on having every cereal known to Tesco), or a full English Breakfast. Not, I hasten to add, a god-awful selection from a heated shelf, so the eggs are all cooked to the consistency of rubber. At the Evesham all is cooked from fresh.

Lunch can be a la carte or, my personal recommendation, from the buffet. Now I don't know exactly how many dishes there are. I think it is about 60 separate plates, bowls and quiches or hot dishes, but however many it is, the array is always a complete joy. And then there is the evening meal.

The wine list is stunning. Only two countries are not well represented - Germany and France. Not because of xenophobia, but because the owner, who is keen on wines, thinks that they are over-priced. He prefers to provide value for money. And he succeeds.

This is a superb hotel for anyone who really wants a relaxing stay in a hotel. The building is lovely, the staff as helpful and accommodating as they possibly could be, and the surroundings, with the Avon and ancient town of Evesham, gorgeous.

It is well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Always ask whether one of the themed rooms is available. All rooms are quiet. Those in the eaves can...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MichaelJecks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
The Wood Norton Hotel
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Angel Hotel
The Angel Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pershore

Been to Evesham Hotel? Share your experiences!