Evesham Hotel
The Lygon Arms(Broadway)
  • Breakfast included
The Fish Hotel(Broadway)
View Hotel
All reviewsteddy bearsquirky hotelthemed roomsalice in wonderlandswimming poolsense of humourfresh milk in the fridgefish tankreal milktable footballtown centrelovely gardenwine listboard gameslittle touchesground floorpublic areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was my 3rd time staying here and it always delivers the most cosy, comfortable stay out of all the hotels I've stayed in. The breakfast is extensive and cooked to order, and the character of the hotel gives it real charm. I always see something new each time. This time a saw the whales jawbone in the garden. Awesome! Well worth a visit

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Monkeyzee
EveshamHotel, General Manager at Evesham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, we are pleased you enjoyed your 3rd visit with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I had a wonderful time here for my birthday weekend. From the time we went to reception to the time we left it was special. The bear with the keys were a lovely touch, and the rubber duck in the bathroom. The room was spacious and clean and well equipped with tea/coffee facilities and a quiet fridge with "proper milk." I have special dietary requirements and even though what I wanted wasn't on the menu, it was no trouble at all to cook my meal, which was superb. The waiters and waitresses was so polite, well dressed and a credit to the hotel. The pool looked lovely and loved the way it was done out. I loved the ladies toilets and even got to "pop" the 1st February on the door for my birthday. The talking mirror frightened the life out of me when asking about my bottom! I could have spent all day in the loo just reading all the jokes and articles. I even counted 43 different variety of cereal at breakfast too! The hotel is amazing if you have children. The area just for play is fab, all the books and games and the slide. Looking forward to visiting with my daughter and maybe having the Alice in wonderland room!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
EveshamHotel, General Manager at Evesham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and all the little quirks around the hotel! We pride ourselves on our cereal selection and can often have 50 different varieties to choose from!
We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to stay in the Alice in Wonderland room soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

A very easy and pleasant overnight stay.The staff are very helpful and friendly, the bedrooms are spacious and extremely comfortable, and the food Is good with some excellent surprises - a cracking steak and blue cheese pie, Georgian wine and a great breakfast with more cereals than Tesco. The additional attractions of the pool and huge selection of toys and games make it perfect for families and it is so spacious that those without kids need not worry about being disturbed.If you have not stayed here before, ignore the exterior and the décor of the public areas (both could do with a facelift), and enjoy it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
EveshamHotel, General Manager at Evesham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay especially the steak and blue cheese pie! Your feedback is much appreciated and helps us to improve our service all the time. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Evesham hotel soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We booked as a party of 14 ranging in ages from 2 to 80 to celebrate a birthday. A fun place with eccentric owner. A real experience. Good food, good service, clean and comfortable. We felt that the Hotel provided a very personal touch for our party. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you have young children go for the Alice in Wonderland room. The two family rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
EveshamHotel, General Manager at Evesham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay at The Evesham hotel, we are delighted you all enjoyed the weekend for the birthday celebration and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our favourite hotel anywhere, we've been here maybe half a dozen times since we first discovered it in I think 1997. The cheerful eccentricity of the place, reflecting the owner's personality, along with the top-class grub, and an unparalleled booze list, is a winning combination.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple