“Top quality, very funny and totally unique!!!”
Review of Evesham Hotel

Evesham Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I found this hotel purely by accident after being dropped in it at the last minute by a hotel chained hotel! They did me a real favour...This is an excellently presented real English hotel!
From entering the reception area it feels different, the people are incredibly friendly and very efficient with a good sense of humour. The room key is presented and being a teddy bear you can't help laugh at the humour behind it, even the tired old business man raises a smile as he leaves his teddy at the reception. First warning is if you ain't got a sense of humour or personality don't go here, go to an unfriendly hotel chain where you are a room number rather than a person.....
Anyway onto the room, very clean and very comfortable, fridge has fresh milk in there with a welcome pack of wine, beer and all the hot drinks you could imagine, loads of thought goes into the comfort factor. As too is the bathroom, the rubber ducks, joke books for the bath, the old games in the room and the big comfy double bed (it's worth it to stay in the double rooms)! The swimming pool is another X factor but in summer the garden is a nice relaxing place. The bar (or lounge) is a bit like grandmas front room but nevertheless welcoming, I had no desire to go anywhere else but listen to some of the stories from our host for the evening, a very passionate (slightly eccentric) gentleman who's aim is to please and put a smile on everyone's face. The bar has a huge selection of whiskeys and prides itself on its "far away" wines and beers, the owner is always ready to give you a sample. Food in the dining room is another treat, the menu (they actually sell a recipe book, I've bought one) isn't too big but large enough to have a covered most tastes, the specials are always a treat and can be from anything from ostrich to kangaroo steak! The dining experience is terrific and after a couple of glasses of wine it's ready for a night cap and a trip to the loo (got to visit the loo, it's won stacks of awards) ... I have stayed here about half a dozen times and after a hard day it makes you smile..I actually hate leaving and if I was in a radius of 30 miles from work I'd travel it every time, haven't been for 6 months but I am longing to visit again!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
EveshamHotel, General Manager at Evesham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your review, its great to hear you have enjoyed several stays with us and shared some experiences from your visits.
We always value our customer feedback to help us improve and also let us know what we are doing well.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Evesham Hotel soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel three weeks ago. Lovely and cosy. Our room was quite large and spotless. A pleasant change to have fresh milk in your room in a fridge. Staff very friendly. We loved the sense of humour of the owner. Might not suit everyone. A visit to the loos is a must. We ate in both nights, could not fault it. A huge selection for breakfast. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
EveshamHotel, General Manager at Evesham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our quirky toilets!
Your feedback is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was my 3rd time staying here and it always delivers the most cosy, comfortable stay out of all the hotels I've stayed in. The breakfast is extensive and cooked to order, and the character of the hotel gives it real charm. I always see something new each time. This time a saw the whales jawbone in the garden. Awesome! Well worth a visit

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Monkeyzee

Thank you for your lovely review, we are pleased you enjoyed your 3rd visit with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I had a wonderful time here for my birthday weekend. From the time we went to reception to the time we left it was special. The bear with the keys were a lovely touch, and the rubber duck in the bathroom. The room was spacious and clean and well equipped with tea/coffee facilities and a quiet fridge with "proper milk." I have special dietary requirements and even though what I wanted wasn't on the menu, it was no trouble at all to cook my meal, which was superb. The waiters and waitresses was so polite, well dressed and a credit to the hotel. The pool looked lovely and loved the way it was done out. I loved the ladies toilets and even got to "pop" the 1st February on the door for my birthday. The talking mirror frightened the life out of me when asking about my bottom! I could have spent all day in the loo just reading all the jokes and articles. I even counted 43 different variety of cereal at breakfast too! The hotel is amazing if you have children. The area just for play is fab, all the books and games and the slide. Looking forward to visiting with my daughter and maybe having the Alice in wonderland room!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
EveshamHotel, General Manager at Evesham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and all the little quirks around the hotel! We pride ourselves on our cereal selection and can often have 50 different varieties to choose from!
We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to stay in the Alice in Wonderland room soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

A very easy and pleasant overnight stay.The staff are very helpful and friendly, the bedrooms are spacious and extremely comfortable, and the food Is good with some excellent surprises - a cracking steak and blue cheese pie, Georgian wine and a great breakfast with more cereals than Tesco. The additional attractions of the pool and huge selection of toys and games make it perfect for families and it is so spacious that those without kids need not worry about being disturbed.If you have not stayed here before, ignore the exterior and the décor of the public areas (both could do with a facelift), and enjoy it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
EveshamHotel, General Manager at Evesham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay especially the steak and blue cheese pie! Your feedback is much appreciated and helps us to improve our service all the time. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Evesham hotel soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We booked as a party of 14 ranging in ages from 2 to 80 to celebrate a birthday. A fun place with eccentric owner. A real experience. Good food, good service, clean and comfortable. We felt that the Hotel provided a very personal touch for our party. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you have young children go for the Alice in Wonderland room. The two family rooms are great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
EveshamHotel, General Manager at Evesham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay at The Evesham hotel, we are delighted you all enjoyed the weekend for the birthday celebration and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our favourite hotel anywhere, we've been here maybe half a dozen times since we first discovered it in I think 1997. The cheerful eccentricity of the place, reflecting the owner's personality, along with the top-class grub, and an unparalleled booze list, is a winning combination.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Roger C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
The Wood Norton Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pershore
The Fish Hotel
The Fish Hotel
#4 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Evesham Hotel? Share your experiences!