“Superb Art Deco Cinema”
Review of The Regal Cinema

The Regal Cinema
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in Evesham
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering far more than an ordinary cinema, our day time up market coffee shop and gallery turns into a wine bar in the evening alongside the Circle and Auditorium Bar. Audiences have the choice to watch films sat at candlelit tables on the ground floor or to snuggle up in the double love seats, regular seats or one of the four Royal Boxes in the circle and enjoy a drink from any of our bars, before, during and after the film...Films range from blockbusters to classics, family favourites to art house and independent. We have Chum Club for kiddies on Saturday mornings 10-1pm and family films every Saturday afternoon and special extra films in the holidays.The Regal is a true community venue and in addition to films and screenings hosts a broad range of events including art exhibitions, an educational program that includes keynote lectures, live music, Sunday Sessions of acoustic live music, comedy and other live performances, a live sports feed, fashion shows, exhibitions and corporate events...
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase
Altadena, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Superb Art Deco Cinema”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I made the effort of traveling from Birmingham to visit the Regal shortly after it re-opened. I'm very glad I did. This is an absolute gem. The time and effort that has gone into restoring this art-deco masterpiece is clear from the exterior to the branded carpets in the auditorium. My only complaint was that I couldn't have a drink, as I was driving (and the weather was pretty atrocious, so I didn't fancy taking any risks!)

If you want a bland, overpriced cinema experience, go to your local multiplex. If you want to watch a film on a large screen with luxurious decor (and be able to drink beer whilst watching the film!), try the Regal!

Visited February 2012