“Always dependable for a great dining experience”
Review of Blue Lagoon

Blue Lagoon
Ranked #11 of 103 Restaurants in Evesham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Food good and service a pleasure.
We are regular visitors to the Blue Lagoon, and have family parties as well as just ourselves to dine.

2  Thank RVMC2014

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Food was great, but don't over order. The portion sizes are very generous for the price and you'll be stuffed!
Staff were very attentive and polite and giving a single red rose to every lady at the end was a nice touch.
No pressure to give a tip and you can add it on card if you don't have the change.
Glad we went here instead of going to Broadway.

2  Thank Kathryn C
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have had take away and eat in from here before there is no argument that the food is amazing...... However it is everything else that lets it down..... We went for a meal early on sat night, we had not booked a table but asked on the off chance and were told that's fine. An hour... Yes AN HOUR latter we made it to a seat, I had to remind staff twice about my drinks order as it took sooooooo long. Just under an hour later the food came. Utter disgrace. To add insult to injury they gave us the bill then had the cheek to come over and add on the price of one of the drinks I had to ask for 3 times.... Even though I said we did not eat most of our main as 2 hours after coming in we weren't hungry... Wait for it the knocked £1 off then bill. I have never been so insulted! The hard but is the food and they have that just don't pack in customers be honest and turn people away I would have rather had a take away and been a returning customer that treated like that.

2  Thank Kate J U
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Dined at the Blue Lagoon just over a week ago. We were impressed with the food, décor, and service. This was a midweek dine, so it was fairly quite. A few days ago I booked a table for last night (Saturday) for 7pm.

When we arrived it was about 30% occupied. However, it filled up rapidly. Service was quite slow. We didn't mind this, as we could see that the few staff that were front of house were rushed off their feet, working very hard (there was one small chubby man, who just seemed to wander around not doing much).

The food came at 7.20pm, not bad considering how busy they were. As usual the food was excellent, and the service very good, under the circumstances.

As we finished our main course at 8.30pm, the small chubby man came over and asked us if we had finished. We said we had, and without asking us whether we wanted a desert, coffee, or for that matter a hot towel, he asked us if we would leave the table and go to the bar, as they were back to back on bookings! I should also add that he interrupted a rather intimate moment to say this.

Needless to say my wife and I were amazed. Clearly we felt this was appalling treatment, and rather than deal with this at the table, where we suspected it might be embarrassing for them, we went to the bar to explain our disappointment.

My wife spoke to the small chubby man who displayed what I can only describe as the most unpleasant, and aggressive attitude that we have ever experienced. My wife explained that we had only been served food at 7.20pm, and as it was now only 8.30pm, we did not think it was unreasonable for us to still be at the table.

"You didn't book, so you can't expect to be at the table any longer." he said. We told him that we had booked, whereupon he checked to see if we were telling the truth. Clearly we had, so he did not continue with that approach.

At this point, another member of staff came over. He was much better, and at long last we began to receive a reasonable response. He suggested that it was up to us what we would like to pay, but we explained that it had never been about the money or the food. We would not want the kitchen staff or the waiters to suffer because of one man's appalling behaviour.

The food is good at the Blue Lagoon, and the environment is lovely. But if you go there, watch out if the small chubby man is on duty. If you can't eat everything in a little over an hour, your time may be up!

3  Thank alan8477
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Spur of the moment idea to have a meal here but it was absolutely great as usual. Well done boys and nice touch with the rose

1  Thank Charlotte B