“Disappointing & bad tummies :(”
Review of Blue Lagoon

Blue Lagoon
Ranked #15 of 96 Restaurants in Evesham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Disappointing & bad tummies :(”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Was really excited to try the Blue Lagoon having read all of the reviews. Unfortunately the food didn't deliver up to expectations and was sickly sweet and bland. The portions were of a good size but the food was almost unpalatable and both of us suffered from poorly tummies through the night and the next day. A real shame but not on our recommendation list :(

3 Thank Shelley W

Ulceby, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal and varied menu.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I ate here as I was away from home with work. The menu is very varied with new dishes as well as the usual traditional dishes. The naga chicken curry was lovely and both myself and my colleague enjoyed our meals. I would gladly return if in the area.

3 Thank Rickandlisa999
Birmingham
“Lovely food.”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

First visit to Blue Lagoon, quality fresh food, lovely presentation. Clean pleasant restaurant. Good service. Will return and recommend.

2 Thank BirminghamHampton
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Tasty Food, Good Service, Good Portions”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Went here on a Tuesday evening around 7pm and although not that busy at the time, by 8pm it was, and there is a good ambiance feel, good lighting, Indian music etc.

The pickles and popadoms were really good, they gave us extra onion salad on the side as well for no extra charge when we asked. The starters of Chicken Pakora, Skeek kebab and Tandoori chicken were all excellent, all served with a nice fresh salad and really good portion size for a starter, not too little and not too much.

The main dishes we ordered were Balti Chicken, Balti Madras and Madras again all fantastic dishes along with Naan breads which were fresh, light and very tasty (always makes the main dish for me)

We all had 2 pints each as well, the service was fantastic and the bill only came to £50 for 3 of us, using the online voucher.

Fantastic value for money, and with, or without the voucher i would most certainly go again if i am in the area.

3 Thank jeza87
Newtown, Powys
“Saturday night supper.”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We visited The Blue Lagoon on a Saturday evening. We hadn't booked but we still got a table within 15 minutes. While we waited we were able to sit comfortably and chat.
There were 4 of us in our party, myself, my husband and our two teenage daughters . We started with pops and pickles - which were disappointing, stale popadoms and thin watery pickles. Oh dear not a good start! However things did improve after that. My main course of chicken and mushroom biriani was very tasty. My daughters both had Kormas, one had chicken and one vegetable, both were very pleased. In fact my eldest daughter commented on how well her chicken was cooked - tender and tasty and not at all slimy. My husband had his usual chicken balti and a plain naan - which as also very good. We all thought the portion sizes were generous.
With drinks the bill came to around £40 which was reasonable and on the way out my daughters and I were presented with a red rose each, which made them feel very grown up.
The toilets were adequate, but there was only one ladies toilet cubicle which is never enough!

3 Thank Angela B