“Lovely ”

Ranked #72 of 100 Restaurants in Evesham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Visited with my boyfriend in December, we had an absolutely gorgeous meal. We had the set menu, which was £25 each for 3 courses, very reasonable and top quality food. The only thing which was a bit strange was when we got there we were left sitting on the sofas waiting for over half an hour, when we eventually asked what was going on they took us straight to our table which had been sitting there with no one on since we'd arrived. Was this some strange tactic to keep us there longer and spend more on drinks?!? Not sure. It was very very busy that night though with Christmas parties so maybe they were giving their staff a chance to catch up. Other than that though was really lovely..
Love the decor too! Will definitely be returning :)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I visited here with my partner because it is within walking distance of our home & as Evesham lacks very many decent places to eat we'd thought we'd give it a go! Unfortunately it was a real disappointment. Inside there is a beautiful sky light / lantern with stained glass & real wood, but for some reason when choosing to decorate this beautiful old building, the owners decided to go glass / chrome / leather with horrendous wall stickers. Why didn't they choose something more elegant, rather than trashy?!

However we decided to eat & didn't think too much about it being completely dead, as it was mid week. I ordered the lamb & my partner a steak. We almost laughed when the food arrived. It was brought to us on pieces of slate! Now if you are going to be pretentious enough to serve food on a plate & so weirdly / artistically arranged like a 'wannabe' Michelin starred chef, then the food has to be absolutely perfect. Unfortunately it wasn't. It wasn't bad, not at all, but because the expectations were set so high upon viewing the food on the table arranged so, we could only be left slightly disappointed. IF the food had been normally arranged & on a normal plate, I probably would of rated the place a lot better. Also when paying £18 - £20 for a main course, you expect perfect food. So drop the price to £12 - £15 & again I probably would of felt a lot less like I was being ripped off. The Lygon Arms, Broadway charge the same price overall then here, Jamie Oliver's & Gordon Ramsey's charge the same also, but the quality of food at those places are faultless.

My advice... drop the prices slightly, buy some plates & arrange the food normally & i'd come back! I know decor is everyone's individual taste so I can live with that!

1  Thank Rach1734
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We went to AKs for our sons naming day for the Sunday carvery. There were 34 of us in total and we cannot fault it. The staff were helpful in helping us with preorders for starters & desserts & we were able to decorate the tables. Keeping so many people happy isn't easy but I didn't hear one complaint from anyone, the carvery had a good choice and the meats and veggies were all hot and cooked to suit most people.
Will definitely be visiting again to try the main menu :)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We found AK's very good - the 3 course for £19.95 offers very good value with excellent food. We went with four friends who all enjoyed their meals - even a fussy veggy ! they cooked a pizza off menu for her. The early reviews are just plain wrong , or they were very unlucky. The steak I had was very good and cooked to perfection. The decor is different and makes a change to standard restaurant surroundings and the service we had was brilliant - time between courses was fine - its not a fast food restaurant. it was not full when we went on a Saturday evening which is a shame . Don't be put off by a few bad reviews and give it a go.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This Restaurant is the best I have been to in the UK, myself and my partner was reluctant to try it having read bad reviews on here and we were very pleasantly suprised.

I chosen from the £19.95 3 course menu and I have to say what a fantastic choice, the soup was lovely and fresh bread rolls, the steak was melt in your mouth, mushroom very tasty and the chips the best ever had, very chunky and tasty, had Creme Brulee and the largest one ever had in fact was so full I had to share it with my partner. He went chose off the main menu and had soup to start same as myself and lamb which was so tender it fell apart on the fork.

Excellent value for money for the quality of the food. We went on Friday 4th October at 8pm. The Restaurant was not full to capacity which is ashame for the quality and level of service as all staff were friendly and extremely polite.

I have been to San Piere Marco White Restaurant at the Mailbox and had a Steak and was no where near the steak I had at AK's this one was melt in your mouth, I am so impressed and I would certainly take my top business clients here for a meal and I am very hard to please with food and eaten at many fine dining Restaurants on a world wide basis and this one takes some beating

AK's is situated in the Northwick Hotel in Evesham and after the meal we went accrosss to the Bar and they had live music a singer, she was excellent and free entertainment

We also attended on Friday 11th October in the main function room an Elvis Tribute for £10 per ticket what great value as was on from 8pm to 12pm and fully entertaining and food was provided and we were so impressed by the quality of the food and how much was laid on - french fries, chicken wings, mushrooms, onion rings, potatoe wedges, goujons, beefburgers, sour cream and pepper goujons - all that for £10 per ticket with entertainment, I just wish Solihull my home town had the Northwich Hotel on my doorstep but my partner lives in Evesham and this has become my favourite place to eat and be entertained and to socialise in

I can not recommend this highly enough you have got to try it and ignore the bad reviews