“try yourself before relying on negative feed back .” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Evesham, United Kingdom
“try yourself before relying on negative feed back .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The bistro was a quiet when we went ..but the place has a good atmosphere and the decor is very nice uptodate . Im glad i didnt take notice of all the negative feed back and tried it myself ...im wondering why i havnt been before ,the food is very nice .we took the set menu 3 couse for £19.95 ...and you still had a good choice .There is a seperate room for cocktails but we didnt use this ,,i think it need more livelly music ,,thursday night would be good as lots of ladies out .
we will be going back ,,,loved it all and you werent overfaced with a great big plateful of food ,,so that meant you could do all three couses ,,the puddings are fab .

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Worcestershire
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Went here on a Saturday night. Wasn't planned as we wanted to go elsewhere but everywhere we tried was fully booked and couldn't fit us in! Boy am I glad we ended up here though! It was fantastic from start to finish. We were a bit concerned when we sat down as the table next to us complained they'd been waiting an hour, so on that basis we thought we'd order some garlic bread to be going on with! We were first presented with a plate full of bread and then as soon as we finished that out came the garlic bread (bread overload!!). We then waited about 15 mins for our steaks to come which was just about right after all the bread we'd eaten! The steaks were cooked perfectly and presented beautifully with homemade chips. We couldn't fit pudding in so cant comment on those but we had a great time and will definitely return asap and will recommend to friends and family.

• Visited March 2014
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Worst meal I have ever experienced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife have experienced the worst meal and service in 20 years.
It started with the waiter asking if the table was ok we asked to move but then told there was no more tables to move to. I placed a order to be told that this dish was off the menu (no mention when the menus where presented to us). After choosing a alternative dish lamb rack with herbs it came and I have never tasted such a vile taste of salt in all my life this was sent back and I decided not to re-order after being told it would take 20 minutes before a replacement meal. When I complained there was no managers present and a guy appeared who said the lamb was fine it was the herb coating which was salty so this is obliviously ok . He came across quite intimidating and not very helpful. I would give this place a wide berth this wreaked a anniversary meal and limited time for me and my wife spend together

Visited March 2014
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Good food as always”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

It's the third time we've eaten here. As always the food was good, and the prices made it very good value. The staff were attentive and the cheesecake was great.

There's just one small detail which let it down. I'm not sure where the name on trip advisor comes from, but it's actually called "AK's Steakhouse & Lobster Grill". For a place with such a name, we were surprised when we got there to be told that Steak wasn't on the menu - it's carvery only on Sunday lunchtimes. We were perhaps more surprised by this because no one thought to mention it when we made our booking yesterday.

We decided to stay anyway, and the food was good for a carvery, but I was really looking forwards to that steak. Still, one oversight in 3 good visits, with good food as always. It'd be rude to give it an "average" rating. Hopefully they'll spot this and mention the menu to people booking for Sunday lunchtimes in the future.

On the plus side, it was a lot more full than the previous times we've been, which did help the atmosphere. Would definitely go back for a carvery again, if that's what we were after, and will be back to get our steak some time soon.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Worcestershire, England
“Lovely ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Visited with my boyfriend in December, we had an absolutely gorgeous meal. We had the set menu, which was £25 each for 3 courses, very reasonable and top quality food. The only thing which was a bit strange was when we got there we were left sitting on the sofas waiting for over half an hour, when we eventually asked what was going on they took us straight to our table which had been sitting there with no one on since we'd arrived. Was this some strange tactic to keep us there longer and spend more on drinks?!? Not sure. It was very very busy that night though with Christmas parties so maybe they were giving their staff a chance to catch up. Other than that though was really lovely..
Love the decor too! Will definitely be returning :)