“So comfortable”

The Wood Norton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed a Saturday night with a dinner bed and breakfast deal. The hall has been restored to its former glory with many of its original features and it's situation is wonderful. The welcome was very warm and directions to our room very helpful. We were in the Pear Tree Mews sited next to the hall. The mews are fairly new and everything in the room and bathroom was clean and well cared for. Central heating was terrific and we had a very peaceful overnight. The dinner was fascinating although not overly filling. The breakfast was very well catered for and presentation again was to the forefront. We certainly would recommend to friends and will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you would rather not be in the main hall the Pear tree mews are perfect. There was a party in th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillhoy

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great service the team at the Wood Norton went above and beyond our expectations to ensure our anniversary weekend was a memorable one. We decided to upgrade upon arrival, the team on reception were accommodating. Room 205 is a breathtaking room, the view at sunrise makes it worth getting up a little early and the roll top bath is a great place to start the day! And that's not even mentioning the wood paneling throughout the room...
The food was great, the service was prompt, professional and friendly.

The manager should be proud of his team-the service they offered was 5* throughout our stay- we will be back!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here on a DBB package.
Room was set in a courtyard and was huge. Nice marble bathroom, free wifi and nice big flat screen TV.
The restaurant setting was really nice, but I found the food a bit too fussy /arty for my tastes. Definitely a case of style over substance, and I found myself wishing we had gone for the bar menu.
Their are plenty of little rooms in which to take coffee / after dinner drinks, and the building itself is quite special. Interesting to read about the buildings association with The BBC.
Would like to come here in the summer as I would suspect that the hotel would have a completely different feel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Went to stay at the wood Norton for new year. The staff are so attentive, nothing is too much trouble. I forgot my husbands evening shirt and they tried to find on for us. It is scrupulously clean and the beautiful bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom.The only problem that I could see occurring is that some of the rooms have literally no view. Our room 201 was lovely, with 3 windows, but 1 of them opened on the back with a loud extractor fan, one had frosted glass and opened on to a wall, the 3rd was of the car park. Not a problem in the winter but you wouldn't get much fresh air in the summer. Our friends on the floor below, who paid the same price, had a huge room with 3 huge windows, it was fabulous! But it was still a lovely visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

A gorgeous hotel with exceptional ste and comfort.
The rooms are furnished with quality fabrics and furniture and a bathroom bigger than my lounge.
All staff were friendly and accommodating .
Our package through 'Off Peak Luxury' included 5 course dinner on both nights and was of an exceptional standard.
Booked for our 'minimoon' following our New Years Eve wedding, we will definitely return and can't recommend enough.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teej B
Reviewed 3 January 2014

On the plus side, the hotel is in good order and well decorated - not tired like some country house hotels. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds and equipped with widescreen TV. The food I ate in the bar was good if simple. Service from reception and bar staff was good.

On the minus side, I had to request to change my room due to the shower being fixed to the wall about 3 feet from the floor. I did not wish to either bend down or hold the shower head. I was moved to a nearby room on the same floor which had a shower above the bath. Being over 6 feet tall, this is often a bugbear for me as the shower head is rarely high enough, as was the case here. There was also a beam running across the ceiling halfway down the bath which isn't the safest feature when taking a shower early in the morning. Maintaining a constant water temperature was also difficult.

As noted by a previous reviewer, there was a relatively large gap under the door which let in light from the corridor - I could have had a much better night's sleep without this.

A minor issue was the restaurant - very cosy with a good menu if a romantic meal a deux is required but not so good for if you're with a colleague on business. To compensate, the menu in the bar could offer a wider range of food (steak & chips was the best option) for those not wishing to dine formally. This is fine for 1 night but if I was staying longer I would be dining out.

In spite of the above, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bad_u_turn
Craig W, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear bad_u_turn

Thank you so much for your review, I read it with great interest, as it had me going around the rooms measuring how high the shower was! I couldn't find a 3 foot high shower anywhere, then investigated further and found you initially went to room 201. I had to have a little chuckle when I realised that you had not spotted that the room has a monsoon rain shower also fitted into the ceiling.
Lets leave the picture posted as a reminder that even 'photographic evidence' that Tripadvisor hosts can be slightly mis-leading to future visitors.
I do hope you come back as you suggested, so we can meet up. I would be delighted to show you around a few rooms and we can choose one that suits someone of your height for your future visits.

my email address is gm@thewoodnorton.com

With Kind Regards

Craig Webb

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our office had our Christmas Party here. The hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms were good. There is a lovely spot by the fire for some relaxing. The staff were lovely and helpful after the event with queries. We had a great time.

Room Tip: The main house has more impressive bedrooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
Evesham Hotel
#4 of 6 in Broadway
The Angel Hotel
The Angel Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pershore

Been to The Wood Norton Hotel? Share your experiences!