I had really been looking forward to an overnight stay for my 50th birthday but was so disappointed by the service we received. I'm not sure if it was because we didn't book direct through the hotel but the General Manager was not very welcoming and we were made to feel uncomfortable. The offer my husband had booked included a glass of sparking wine or mulled wine at dinner neither of which we were offered and on glancing around at other diners they seemed to be receiving a much better service than we did. One young waitress however did her best and was pleasant to us and welcoming but having asked for a bottle of water at dinner, then not receiving it but it appearing on the bill didn't go down well with me. The staff did deduct this when I queried it. I also didn't expect to have to pay a surcharge for choosing the lamb. At breakfast the following morning we didn't fare much better and I didn't expect to have to ask for coffee for two when the female restaurant manager asked us if there was anything else we required when taking our orders for breakfast. Surely hot beverages should be offered as a matter of course? The three ladies on the table near to us were asked whether they wanted tea or coffee as soon as they sat down.
The room was excellent however very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable but this sadly did not make up for the rest of the service we received.
With hindsight we would have been better saving our money on this hotel and instead returning for another day trip on the Orient Express when we treated to a fantastic service from all the staff from the minute we boarded the train to the moment we got off and the food was far superior.
I certainly won't be recommending the Wood Norton to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wood Norton Hotel & Restaurant , the former home to French Royalty, is a glorious Grade II listed, four star country house hotel. Set in its own grounds the hotel looks over the beautiful Vale of Evesham to the nearby Cotswold Hills.50 rooms and suites with beautiful public areas, large ornate gardens, and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Wood Norton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wood Norton Hall Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Wood Norton Hall Country Hotel
- The Wood Norton Hotel Evesham, Worcestershire