We have special requirements when we travel because my wife is in a wheelchair. We were given Room 301, which was large and spacious with a separate living room and bedroom. The bathroom was excellent, fully adapted for wheelchair use. But it was in a separate building from the main hotel called Pear Tree Mews which was 100 yards up a steep hill from the main buildings. It was possible, though with difficulty, to take the car up to this building, but the nearest parking was at the bottom of the hill. Who would put a wheelchair accessible room in a position where you had to push the chair 100 yards uphill?
But there was worse. The room adjoined a very noisy machinery room, and just outside the window were the air conditioning fans. It was like trying to sleep in an old noisy jet aircraft, or in a factory.
The old mansion house is a delight, with wood-panelling everywhere. Dinner was good; I didn't mind that it was expensive, but at £39.50 it seems mean to add on a supplement for lamb or for vegetables. Service was friendly and professional.
Breakfast on Sunday was one of those awful buffets with cold bacon and with fried eggs pre-cooked, all self-served on to cold plates. We were expecting the same on Monday morning, but this breakfast was done properly - freshly cooked to order and served well.
So, while we loved the main building and the gardens, and the staff were excellent, there were disappointments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wood Norton Hotel & Restaurant , the former home to French Royalty, is a glorious Grade II listed, four star country house hotel. Set in its own grounds the hotel looks over the beautiful Vale of Evesham to the nearby Cotswold Hills.50 rooms and suites with beautiful public areas, large ornate gardens, and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Wood Norton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wood Norton Hall Country House Hotel And Restaurant
- Wood Norton Hall Country Hotel
- The Wood Norton Hotel Evesham, Worcestershire