“lovely stay in a beautiful hotel”

The Wood Norton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

what a beautiful hotel . We came here for a night on the Lazy Midweek deal. DBB , drink on arrival and a cream tea included. The grounds and hotel are lovely and delicious food. Service..although slow at dinner...was very good. One point we didn't understand though...we had to pay a supplement for scrambled egg and salmon for breakfast. Never came across this in any hotel before...confusing ..Other than that a fab hotel. loved the pictures of BBC programs in the bedroom...we got Blackadder and Up Pompeii...Result.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank moniqueGlasgow
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Monique,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review on Tripadvisor. It is much appreciated and I can assure you my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

On Friday 18th July our daughter chose to be married at wood norton hotel and what a good choice that turned out to be, many thanks to the whole team at wood norton for making my daughters wedding day one to be treasured in every way, stunning surroundings, orangery for the wedding breakfast is first class excellent decor, lighting, furnishings and the most stunning views over evesham. During the mornings preparations at the hotel my daughter truly felt like a princess in her castle watching all the guests arrive ect, rooms are amazing ( mine being the Hallet room) hubby & I will defiantly return for another stay in 'our room' . Service & food are excellent, I am so grateful after all the preparation that goes into organising a wedding I can write such a positive review very well deserved, this was all thanks to Katie and her teams very professional knowledge of how a good wedding should be delivered, thanks Katie x Roger & sharon Jeffries

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Roger & Sharon,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that Katie and the rest of my team will be delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your stay and had such a wonderful time at your daughters wedding.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to The Wood Norton again very soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Have stayed twice at the Wood Norton - summer and winter. Both stays were bed, breakfast and evening meal.
It lives up to its name with the incredible wood panelling, adding a lovely intimate atmosphere in the dining room.
Stayed in Pear Trees mews on both visits. The rooms were lovely, most comfortable beds I've slept in, roomy, with loads of interesting BBC programme photos on route.
Both evening meals were really special, had the mmmmmmmmmm factor, and the chef came out to tell my husband how he made my Stilton starter. But I had nipped to the loo, and my husband forgot!
Gardens are also lovely, summer and winter, with the added touch of lawn games, to add some extra fun. Also enjoyed beating my husband at snooker!
Are definitely going back, possibly treating mum and gran ;)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Claire,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Wood Norton Hotel following your recent stay. We are all really please that you enjoyed your time with us. Chef has asked me to send you his kind regards, he is more than happy to pass on his recipe and method for the Stilton Bavaroir. Please feel free to contact me directly and i will give you the details, stevesweeny@thewoodnorton.com

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is the most amazing looking hotel with fabulous rose gardens and outdoor seating overlooking beautiful lawns, what a pity breakfast couldn't be taken outside as the weather was perfect. If you like traditional cooked breakfast then you will be fine here, however if like myself you would like to see a fresh fruit salad with seasonal fruit you will be disappointed.
The room was very nice but the lead from the kettle couldn't reach the socket unless we put the kettle on the floor!
Nice hotel but needs to do better for the price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Clare,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Tripadvisor.Your feedback is much appreciated and very important to us. I would like to acknowledge the comments highlighted and assure you that we are fully committed to delivering an outstanding guest experience here at The Wood Norton Hotel. We will conduct an immidiate review of the points raised in your review.

Once again thank you for your time and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

First visit to this hotel on the A44 between Evesham and Worcester, and certainly one to return to after this two night break. Set back from the main road, in its own extensive grounds, this magnificient country house was converted into a hotel a few years ago. The architecture and surroundings as you approach and enter the building create a very favourable first impression, combining the traditional character of the building with modern efficient style. We had room 206 on the second floor in the main hall and facing west looking out over the terrace and lawned grounds with an uninterrupted view to the hills beyond. The large room was nicely furnished, and very well decorated both in the bedroom and en suite, and included extremely efficient air conditioning which was very welcome with outside temperatures in the mid 20's C.
Having checked in to the room we adjourned to the west facing terrace which was well furnished with chairs, tables and large sun umbrellas to enjoy a large jug of ice cold Pimms and the views across open countryisde, the sunshine and the wide variety of birds in the hotel grounds.

Breakfast the following morning was excellent, starting with a large buffet table of cereal,fruit juices, pastries, yoghurts etc with hot dishes cooked to order and served at the table. The full spectrum of hot dishes was available from the traditional full english, to kippers, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, eggs benedict etc, all very good quality, nicely cooked and well presented. Staff were able to strike the balance between professional and friendly and were excellent ambassadors for the hotel in all respects.
The approach drive and car park lacks maturity at the moment, but hopefully as the trees and vegetation matures in the years to come it will become an excellent introduction to this fine hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main hall allow you to enjoy the full splendour of the building, architecture and furni...

Dear Malcolm,

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. It is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Vale of Evesham and Wood Norton Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We got invited to a wedding on the Sunday. So we planned a weekend away and booked in on the Saturday. We booked a suite and it was a very lovely room with all original features and a lovely roll top bath. We booked dinner on the Saturday evening and both the service and food was outstanding. The only down side was being woken up by the noise in the room above us, disappointing when you spend a great deal of money for a suite! All the staff across board where attentive and very helpful at all times. The weeding breakfast food was very good and the service was again outstanding. Of course you don't have control over what package was ordered at a wedding but have to say that the evening buffet was not great, and a bit of an odd mix. The gentleman running the breakfast service on the Monday morning was amazing and a credit to the hotel. We had a very relaxing weekend that was enjoyed greatly, and we would recommend this hotel without question.

1  Thank DeborahmCox

Dear Deborah,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that the team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Wood Norton very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed the night in the princess Louise suite, looking at the price this should be there top room however we were disappointed.
1. the furniture in the sitting room had lots of pink stains all over the seats, it really put me off and both sofas were in bad condition to the point I decided not to sit there.
2. the toilet was incredibly problematic, initially when flushed it was continuously making glugging noises. We then noticed that when it was flushed it would fill with water to the point of over flowing which was really concerning.
3. we couldn't find any information at all about room service menus, history of the building or room or local information which was a real shame.
4. there were no minibar facilities at all and with no room service menu we resorted to our travel snacks prior to dinner.
5. Dinner, we opted for the bar menu, servings were small, one starter of squid was literally 3 mouthfuls and that's it. The wine is expensive and at the lower end of the price bracket the options were limited and low quality. Main course was fine.
Overall, for the price of the room I expected more, I wouldn't book that room again. Equally the bar was seriously understaffed with one poor man literally running around after everyone so queuing at the bar was slow. Also seeing staff pizza arriving from where we were sitting wasn't great, surely coming into reception, helmet still on isn't the look the hotel were going for?

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Sarah,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Please be assured we are taking appropriate action to ensure that all of our guest’s expectations are met. We have taken immediate steps to replace the sofa in Princess Louise and rectifiy the plumbing issue.

Once again thank you for your comments and your understanding. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards
Steven

Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
Evesham Hotel
#1 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Angel Hotel
The Angel Hotel
#1 of 1 in Pershore

Been to The Wood Norton Hotel? Share your experiences!