“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Celebrating our friends 50th birthday, 5 couples enjoyed an excellent overnight stay here. We arrived Friday afternoon and enjoyed the sunshine by sitting out on the terrace, we were indulged with cream teas and jugs of Pimms then the delicious 5 course evening meal. The staff were very attentive and efficient. Our room was in the Pear Tree Mews, which was a little warm (we could have borrowed a fan but chose not to) but it was a very pleasant room with lovely decor. Breakfast the next morning was excellent. Would definitely come back for another celebration & overnight stay. Well done to the whole team.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are larger & more luxurious but the other rooms are of a very high st...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated and I can assure you my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Pear Tree Mews here at The Wood Norton.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Steven

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Hampshire
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We found this hotel in Warwickshire as we had a long journey from Hampshire to Yorkshire and decided to break the journey with a stop in a country hotel en-route.

We arrived quite late (9.30pm ish) and we were checked-in swiftly. The room we were allocated was quite dark with little natural light as it was behind the main house in a separate building. We had also been given a twin room despite booking a King but as soon as we raised this with reception they immediately moved us to a king room and the owner's son (Charlie) came to apologize and offered us both a complementary drink.

We dined from the bar menu and the food was glorious. Due to the good weather we were able to dine in the garden and take advantage of the amazing settings and views.

All the staff are were incredibly friendly and helpful and although we were only in residence for a short time, we would definitely return. We would request a better category of room next time as we think it would be much nice to stay in the main house.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building.
1 Thank MissApril77
Dear Miss April,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor. My sincere apologies for the room mix up when you arrived. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Charlie, Chef and the rest of my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Wood Norton in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for one night, no rooms in the main hotel but stayed in the pear tree rooms which are part of the hotel, again very comfortable and very French in decor with crisp cotton linen. We paid £179.00 for one night for a double room which included a five course dinner and breakfast, and afternoon cream tea but we missed that.
Dinner very good, breakfast really good too. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Ken,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. We are deligted to know you enjoyed your stay in Pear Tree Mews here at The Wood Norton. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards
glasgow
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

what a beautiful hotel . We came here for a night on the Lazy Midweek deal. DBB , drink on arrival and a cream tea included. The grounds and hotel are lovely and delicious food. Service..although slow at dinner...was very good. One point we didn't understand though...we had to pay a supplement for scrambled egg and salmon for breakfast. Never came across this in any hotel before...confusing ..Other than that a fab hotel. loved the pictures of BBC programs in the bedroom...we got Blackadder and Up Pompeii...Result.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank moniqueGlasgow
Dear Monique,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review on Tripadvisor. It is much appreciated and I can assure you my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes,
Worcestershire
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On Friday 18th July our daughter chose to be married at wood norton hotel and what a good choice that turned out to be, many thanks to the whole team at wood norton for making my daughters wedding day one to be treasured in every way, stunning surroundings, orangery for the wedding breakfast is first class excellent decor, lighting, furnishings and the most stunning views over evesham. During the mornings preparations at the hotel my daughter truly felt like a princess in her castle watching all the guests arrive ect, rooms are amazing ( mine being the Hallet room) hubby & I will defiantly return for another stay in 'our room' . Service & food are excellent, I am so grateful after all the preparation that goes into organising a wedding I can write such a positive review very well deserved, this was all thanks to Katie and her teams very professional knowledge of how a good wedding should be delivered, thanks Katie x Roger & sharon Jeffries

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Roger & Sharon,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that Katie and the rest of my team will be delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your stay and had such a wonderful time at your daughters wedding.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to The Wood Norton again very soon.

Best wishes,
Caerphilly
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Have stayed twice at the Wood Norton - summer and winter. Both stays were bed, breakfast and evening meal.
It lives up to its name with the incredible wood panelling, adding a lovely intimate atmosphere in the dining room.
Stayed in Pear Trees mews on both visits. The rooms were lovely, most comfortable beds I've slept in, roomy, with loads of interesting BBC programme photos on route.
Both evening meals were really special, had the mmmmmmmmmm factor, and the chef came out to tell my husband how he made my Stilton starter. But I had nipped to the loo, and my husband forgot!
Gardens are also lovely, summer and winter, with the added touch of lawn games, to add some extra fun. Also enjoyed beating my husband at snooker!
Are definitely going back, possibly treating mum and gran ;)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Claire,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Wood Norton Hotel following your recent stay. We are all really please that you enjoyed your time with us. Chef has asked me to send you his kind regards, he is more than happy to pass on his recipe and method for the Stilton Bavaroir. Please feel free to contact me directly and i will give you the details, stevesweeny@thewoodnorton.com

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is the most amazing looking hotel with fabulous rose gardens and outdoor seating overlooking beautiful lawns, what a pity breakfast couldn't be taken outside as the weather was perfect. If you like traditional cooked breakfast then you will be fine here, however if like myself you would like to see a fresh fruit salad with seasonal fruit you will be disappointed.
The room was very nice but the lead from the kettle couldn't reach the socket unless we put the kettle on the floor!
Nice hotel but needs to do better for the price!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Clare,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Tripadvisor.Your feedback is much appreciated and very important to us. I would like to acknowledge the comments highlighted and assure you that we are fully committed to delivering an outstanding guest experience here at The Wood Norton Hotel. We will conduct an immidiate review of the points raised in your review.

Once again thank you for your time and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Steven
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
Evesham Hotel
The Northwick Hotel
The Northwick Hotel
#5 of 11 in Evesham
Best Western Salford Hall Hotel

Been to The Wood Norton Hotel? Share your experiences!