“A real Gem!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A real Gem!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The first thing that strikes you visiting the Wood Norton is the ambiance and surroundings that have been created to make your visit special. The welcome from the team and the style in which they look after you is so different from a chain hotel, it works at a personal level which is a rarity in today's commodity hotel market. The attention to making your experience memorable works at all levels, my room was immaculate and well designed, I had a very comfortable night and slept well. The history of the hotel and its association with the BBC is well worth asking about ,which adds to its uniqueness. I dined well, enjoyed the banter with bar staff and came away with the feeling I want to come back. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andrew G
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review on Tripadvisor. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that the team are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Steven

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Swindon UK
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I enjoyed an overnight stay at this delightful hotel. We were lucky to get a 'special deal', which consisted of a cream tea on arrival, a five course evening meal and a double room with breakfast. The building itself is exquisite, with wood panelling walls, floor and ceilings. We stayed in The Pear Tree rooms, which were very tastefully decorated. We dined outside on the terrace, with a perfect view of the Malvern Hills and the meal was superb, the chef obviously takes great pride in his work. The staff were a pleasure to deal with and made our stay most enjoyable.

Dear Deedee,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Celebrating our friends 50th birthday, 5 couples enjoyed an excellent overnight stay here. We arrived Friday afternoon and enjoyed the sunshine by sitting out on the terrace, we were indulged with cream teas and jugs of Pimms then the delicious 5 course evening meal. The staff were very attentive and efficient. Our room was in the Pear Tree Mews, which was a little warm (we could have borrowed a fan but chose not to) but it was a very pleasant room with lovely decor. Breakfast the next morning was excellent. Would definitely come back for another celebration & overnight stay. Well done to the whole team.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are larger & more luxurious but the other rooms are of a very high st...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated and I can assure you my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Pear Tree Mews here at The Wood Norton.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best wishes
Hampshire
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We found this hotel in Warwickshire as we had a long journey from Hampshire to Yorkshire and decided to break the journey with a stop in a country hotel en-route.

We arrived quite late (9.30pm ish) and we were checked-in swiftly. The room we were allocated was quite dark with little natural light as it was behind the main house in a separate building. We had also been given a twin room despite booking a King but as soon as we raised this with reception they immediately moved us to a king room and the owner's son (Charlie) came to apologize and offered us both a complementary drink.

We dined from the bar menu and the food was glorious. Due to the good weather we were able to dine in the garden and take advantage of the amazing settings and views.

All the staff are were incredibly friendly and helpful and although we were only in residence for a short time, we would definitely return. We would request a better category of room next time as we think it would be much nice to stay in the main house.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building.
1 Thank MissApril77
Dear Miss April,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor. My sincere apologies for the room mix up when you arrived. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Charlie, Chef and the rest of my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Wood Norton in the near future.

Best wishes
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for one night, no rooms in the main hotel but stayed in the pear tree rooms which are part of the hotel, again very comfortable and very French in decor with crisp cotton linen. We paid £179.00 for one night for a double room which included a five course dinner and breakfast, and afternoon cream tea but we missed that.
Dinner very good, breakfast really good too. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Ken,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. We are deligted to know you enjoyed your stay in Pear Tree Mews here at The Wood Norton. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards
glasgow
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

what a beautiful hotel . We came here for a night on the Lazy Midweek deal. DBB , drink on arrival and a cream tea included. The grounds and hotel are lovely and delicious food. Service..although slow at dinner...was very good. One point we didn't understand though...we had to pay a supplement for scrambled egg and salmon for breakfast. Never came across this in any hotel before...confusing ..Other than that a fab hotel. loved the pictures of BBC programs in the bedroom...we got Blackadder and Up Pompeii...Result.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank moniqueGlasgow
Dear Monique,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review on Tripadvisor. It is much appreciated and I can assure you my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Worcestershire
Reviewed 21 July 2014

On Friday 18th July our daughter chose to be married at wood norton hotel and what a good choice that turned out to be, many thanks to the whole team at wood norton for making my daughters wedding day one to be treasured in every way, stunning surroundings, orangery for the wedding breakfast is first class excellent decor, lighting, furnishings and the most stunning views over evesham. During the mornings preparations at the hotel my daughter truly felt like a princess in her castle watching all the guests arrive ect, rooms are amazing ( mine being the Hallet room) hubby & I will defiantly return for another stay in 'our room' . Service & food are excellent, I am so grateful after all the preparation that goes into organising a wedding I can write such a positive review very well deserved, this was all thanks to Katie and her teams very professional knowledge of how a good wedding should be delivered, thanks Katie x Roger & sharon Jeffries

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Roger & Sharon,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that Katie and the rest of my team will be delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your stay and had such a wonderful time at your daughters wedding.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to The Wood Norton again very soon.

Steven
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
Evesham Hotel
The Northwick Hotel
The Northwick Hotel
#5 of 11 in Evesham
Buckland Manor Country House Hotel

Been to The Wood Norton Hotel? Share your experiences!