“Excellent in amost every way”

The Wood Norton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Evesham
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Visited the Wood Norton in mid July. It really is difficut to find fault with the place. Excellent friendly and helpful staff, good sized clean and tidy rooms and possibly the best food I have eaten for years.

The only issue we did have was errors on our bill at checkout, caused a small unwelcome delay to the checkout process as we were in a rush but staff resolved the issues in a fast and efficient manner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear CognosJohn,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to The Wood Norton. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and please accept our apologies for the slight delay when checking out.

We look forwward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards
Steven

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

their mark up only had a night's stay but wish it was longer.
The suite at the front, room 101 (I know it made me smile too) was huge. I lay in bed knowing the history of this place as the former BBC head office then a BBC training center. Dr Who used it many times as it's so full of atmosphere and intrigue. I wondered if a Dalek had stood where I slept and as a child used to hide behind the sofa.
The evening dinner was really good with a fab selection of some cracking wines, even a Margeaux 2005 if one was willing to splash out for it. Although, knowing wines, the mark up was very reasonable.
The staff were attentive and genuine. Made me smile and definately wanted to make sure you were satisfied.
I stuffed myself with an excellent breakfast and made a mental note to return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Rich,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review on TripAdvisor.It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were booked into the hall queen deluxe room. It was very spacious with a large bathroom, I was a bit disappointed to find it only had a shower and no bath, I have a mobility issue and don't feel safe in them. The bed was extremely comfortable indeed with crisp white linen, it was difficult to get up in the morning as we felt so cosy. I loved the peace and quiet, it was absolute bliss! :)
To wake up to hear birds singing without any other noise was wonderful. The breakfast buffet could do with a little work as two days out of three it wasn't really hot enough. We had dinner there one evening which took two and a half hours as they were very busy.The best part was the dessert which was a work of art and delicious. All the staff were very pleasant and welcoming. With a small amount of fine tuning this could be wonderful, would definately go back there again. Felt very refreshed from our stay there.

Dear Samantha,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor.

Please be assured we take all feedback received at The Wood Norton very seriously indeed and that we are fully committed to delivering an outstanding guest experience. I will be sure to pass on your very kind words to the rest of my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards
Steve

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a really enjoyable evening,the food and the service was excellent. The staff were all very friendly,especially the receptionist, and the setting is beautiful. We will definitely be visiting again soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Steven S, General Manager at The Wood Norton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Helena,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review on Tripadvisor. Your time and feedback is much appreciated. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the rest of my team who be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to The Wood Norton.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just returned from our fourth stay at the "Wood Norton". Can`t fault the very high standards of accommodation, food, ambiance etc. etc. but what really makes the place" tick" is the professionalism, friendliness and warmth of the staff in all areas. Looking forward to returning again.
Thanks to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dave J

Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very much appreciated and I can assure you that everyone will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your return visit.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My partner and I stayed for one night only on a dbb deal as a treat. After trawling through dozens of possibilities we decided on the Wood Norton; I'm so pleased we did!

We stayed in one of the Pear Tree rooms which are set around a courtyard adjacent to the main building. It was
beautifully clean, smartly furnished.....not huge but very pleasant.

The hotel gardens and terrace were very pretty and we had fun playing bowls and croquet on the lawn before rain stopped play!

Our stay was made special by the charming attention given by the staff here. They were all professional but wonderfully friendly and made you instantly feel relaxed and "at home". The food at dinner was delicious and I thought perfectly portioned. If I were to make one comment it would be that our main course was served on a slate and was a little cold.....I had no reservation that I could have sent it back with no unease but once I had taken my first mouthful I didn't want to stop eating it!! My cherry dessert was to die for!

I had two occasions when I had to request room service. Firstly for an iron and extra sugar abd secondly I had forgotten my toothbrush. Both times my requests were dealt with immediately and happily.

I would love to return to The Wood Norton and hope to in the future. Thank you for making our short stay with you so great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lesley,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review on Tripadvisor.It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Wood Norton Hotel for our Golden Wedding Anniversary.
I cannot praise this hotel enough everything about our stay was wonderful.
The staff cannot do enough for you especially in the restaurant and bar.
We loved the food and wine in the beautiful dining room.
Thank you so much to you all at the Wood Norton for a wonderful few days we will never forget.
We will definitely return.

1  Thank Barbara R

Dear Barbara,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that the team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon and congratulations on your Golden Wedding Anniversary from all the team.

Kind regards,
Steven

Also consider these accommodations in or near Evesham
Evesham Hotel
#1 of 6 in Broadway
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden

Been to The Wood Norton Hotel? Share your experiences!