“Fantastic place for lunch”

Ashtons Farm Shop and Plant Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Ashtons is a high quality Farm Shop, Cafe and Plant Centre with a deli counter. Wherever possible we stock locally produced products but only where the quality is second to none. Most of the cakes in the cafe are home-made in our own kitchen and every meal we produce is hand made from scratch.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Nottingham, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fantastic place for lunch”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We needed somewhere to stop for lunch on our way to Gloucestershire and found this place on the internet. This is a business that will go far - the premises are truly lovely, the food fantastic, the farm shop has fresh local produce and they are active in their speciality nights. We visited at the height of local asparagus season so they were having an asparagus night. We wished we lived closed as we would have been there. The dining room has big windows looking out onto a lovely garden and huge lawn with swings and things for the kids and views off into the distance. The food was top notch - the soup freshly made and very tasty and the salad bowls and the asparagus themed eggs benedict sublime. Next time we will go out of our way to go there, and if the weather is agreeable cannot wait to sit outside and drink in the view and the fresh air.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank JaWte
Rickshaw60, Owner at Ashtons Farm Shop and Plant Centre, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hi and thanks for this brilliant review although I think that it should possibly have been for somewhere else as we don't do themed nights (yet) and do not have a lawn with swings etc? But we are a great place to come to !!!

Evesham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing deli”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We called in on the way past as this is a fairly new local business and we thought it important we popped in to support it. I was surprised by the amount of choice on the delicious deli counter and the range of beers and wines stocked, there were also some lovely pottery gifts. We filled our basket with lovely cheese, olives and crackers for a lazy tea and it was all delicious, I'm just sorry we didnt have time to stop in the cafe for a coffee - it smelt great. I call back soon i'm sure.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank V0004
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful shop!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I visited the shop with my husband really to have a nosey round and we were so pleasantly surprised to find a delightful coffee shop! A lovely shop too with lovely produce and a garden centre is forming out the back. I think this shop is lovely and I'm so jealous i didn't think of it myself! The cheese and meat counter is divine!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Zoedwyer13
Rickshaw60, General Manager at Ashtons Farm Shop and Plant Centre, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hello Zoe,

Thanks you for this lovely review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to seeing you again!
Southam, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great little stopping off point, easy to park”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I pass this way when visiting relatives in South Wales. Since my partner has become disabled, I am always on the lookout for easy to access coffee stops and since the shop/café building is brand new, so is the disabled toilet. It is a pleasant, airy, spacious building. We only had a piece of cake and a hot chocolate on our first visit (lovely) and also bought a few things in the shop. What is great, is that the shop is open Mon-Sat 8am-7pm (cafe closes at 5pm) and 10am-4pm on Sundays.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank SouthamMoggy
Thank for for this 5 star review, it is much appreciated and I hope that we will see you again next time you are passing.