“Nothing special”

Rily's
Ranked #21 of 100 Restaurants in Evesham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In a scenic setting overlooking the river Avon, Rily's of Evesham is a smart yet unstuffy Indian restaurant in the rural market town of Evesham. Specialising in tandoori dishes, the extensive menu spans the subcontinent to offer a feast of aromatic regional cuisine. Modern décor with bright windows and crisp white tablecloths adds to the intimate and relaxing ambience.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The dining area and the service were ok - but this is really about the food. Which was mostly rather dull and boring, to be honest. A lamb samosa had no life to it, an onion bhaji was just stodgy. And peshwari naan with golden syrup on the top!???

It was ok to eat here, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to return.

3  Thank Loddonlily
There are newer reviews for Rily's

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We've been twice in the last month. The first time was very rushed as we were looking for a quick bite to eat before going to the cinema across the road. They understood the hurry and served us a good meal very quickly. The second time we were more leisurely and we were not disappointed. The food is excellent and obviously made on the premises. The nan breads were fresh from the tandoor, the dips with the poppodums were obviously home made and not from a jar. They didn't include lime pickle, but this was quickly provided when we asked for some. We shared excellent starters and imaginative mains. All the usual dishes were there, plus a few that we had never heard of. The staff were friendly and efficient and the service was unrushed without being slow. A thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Wow this restaurant has had a big make over since I was last here, (15 plus years with the same group of mates), initially we were disappointed as the things that we liked about the place had gone, however the waiters were great and really interested in our previous experiences and told us about the changes, and even though not on the menu made us some chillie bhaji's which is one of the things we used to love, these really pepped up the starters which I have to admit were a little bland, my chicken pakora was a little like chicken goujons, however the main dishes made up for this and were really tasty, I had the Jaipuri Mist ( a new dish for me) and I was not disappointed, really flavoursome and well spiced but not hot, and the nanns were some of the best I have ever had, very light and so not filling, 3 large between 8 of us (peshwari,garlic and keema) was just right with some rice. I won't 15 years before going back!

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We have been using Rily's since moving to Evesham several years ago. The service is excellent, friendly and prompt. The food usually excellent. We always enjoy our meals there. A great treat when you can't be bothered to cook.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Went here recently but not as good as previous visits. My brothers fish curry was a disappointment, but I,m guessing unless it's chicken or lamb like most Indian food, especially fish can be a dodgy area, Over all though we were satisfied, husband did not like glass of Rose he was served, and sent it back and had a Shiraz Red instead which he thought was nice.
Prehaps Rileys is just going through bit of a rut with the food, we will try them again though as previous visits have been fantastic.

2  Thank Zoe S