“Useless delivery service”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Useless delivery service”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I made a telephone order and i was told i'd have my food delivered in 45 minutes to 1 hour. After an hour and 15 minutes I phoned to find out where my food was. I was told the driver had left 10 minutes ago. So the driver left 1 hour and 5 minutes after I'd made my order! I phoned again after 1 hour and 45 minutes only to be told that the driver was delivering elsewhere first. I told them they have 5 minutes to deliver otherwise I'd cancel the order.
I think we have a classic example of the restaurant knowing that customers have a limited choice in the area for delivery and the restaurant not caring. This despite our order being in excess of £30. The driver eventually arrived 1 hour and 58 minutes after I'd ordered my meal. Of course he was apologetic, but there was no explanation given as to why the food was so late. I told him I was disappointed and that I was in the process of cancelling the order, he offered to refund me £5, I declined the offer and told him I wouldn't order from them again. He was insistent that I should give them another try and that next time he'll ensure the order would be delivered on time.
The food wasn't very warm, it tasted no better than average so nothing to recommend there either.
What a fiasco, I will neither try them again or recommend them to anybody. Marks out of 10? That'll be a 3 at best.
I have a local Chinese take away, they don't do delivery but after the above episode I'll be having Chinese in future.

• Visited July 2013

Worcester, United Kingdom
“BEST LAMB BALTI VINDALOO EVER”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Best curry ever had, lamb balti vindaloo. Hot enough, but a taste sensation. Naan breads abit floury but didn't spoil the meal. I class myself as a curry guru and have eaten Asian food worldwide. This exceeded anything I have eaten in the past and will hopefully become a regular experience

Worcester, United Kingdom
“One of my favourite Indians”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Very reasonable, and the quality of food and service is on another level! Love popping in here on a Friday night, great atmosphere and very tasty food!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank softscoop
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“"Definitely worth a visit"”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Great selection of choices, well presented, good service, particularly accommodating to dietary needs. We really felt very welcome, as if nothing was too much, each dish well presented and very tasty (we were even brought a spare plate in case we wanted to share)
Service throughout was first class. Judging by the standard of his food the chef absolutely loves his work, the food beeing very flavoursome but not too spicy hot. Prices are very reasonable.

1 Thank jazz b
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Best curry in town! And well worth the price tag. I love it here and go regular. Lovely friendly atmostphere. Anyone who says otherwise needs their head read.