“Thoroughly relaxing short break”
Review of The Malvern

The Malvern
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Having never been to a spa before, my boyfriend and I were a little apprehensive but once we arrived the staff were very helpful and we were put at ease. The facilities are excellent - the pool was wonderful, lovely and warm indoors and outdoors with lots of different hydrotherapy areas (from the far-left corner you also get a lovely view of the Malvern hills!) and the saunas, steam rooms and relaxation areas are all of a high standard and kept very clean. I booked an express back, neck and shoulder massage which worked wonders on tense muscles and my therapist was very friendly and put me at ease immediately. My boyfriend had a reflexology session which he really enjoyed too.

As guests of the hotel, we had a very comfortable stay in a huge bed! Breakfast was tasty and we also enjoyed drinks in the spa relaxation area, completely taking advantage of being able to wander around comfortably in the slippers and dressing gowns provided.

Although the spa was not ideally located considering we were travelling by train, we made the most of the local area around Great Malvern station, visiting the book, record and antique shops and pubs before getting a taxi to the spa. It is a short walk to supermarket/pharmacy/McDonalds amenities and around 20-30 minutes walk to shops and restaurants around Malvern Link (we found a lovely curry house called Vasai). The hotel were happy to call for our return taxi with a very friendly and reasonably priced firm.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CinnamonGirl23
There are newer reviews for The Malvern

Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed here on our way up north and picked it because of the Spa facilities and we were absolutely delighted. The rooms are pleasant but what blew us away was the fabulous thermal pool. Swimming outdoors in November with a view of the Malvern Hills was brilliant. The location of the hotel is a bit odd as it is on an retail/industrial park and there isn't much else around but once you get into the pool and multiple steam rooms and saunas you won't want to get out.
We also ate in the restaurant (as we arrived quite late) and to be honest we weren't expecting much but that too was a very pleasant surprise. It was very good and the set meal was excellent value.
It was also quite handy having a M&S and large supermarket just up the road.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2012

A friend treated me to a day at the spa, best day i've had in a long long time! The facilities we're fantastic! Pool was heated & you can swim outside! Don't listen to others about the location because as soon as you enter you forget where you are! The staff we're all lovely, The food was delicious and the price was very reasonable. We had two complimentry drinks with deal & also there we're apples to munch on throughout the day on tap!! I can't wait to treat my mother to a day there in May for her birthday (means i get to go again!) You get slippers, robe & towel so don't take them with you! Hope you all have as much as a lovely time there as we did :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have just had my hen weekend at the spa hotel. I have to say this place is fantastic. It's a lovely and very modern hotel with stylish bedrooms which were immaculate. There were 12 of us and we all had treatments booked in the Spa if which we all enjoyed. The food in the restaurant was delicious and very nicely presented. Overall I would give this hotel top marks.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My Fiance took me here for my birthday. I couldn't have wished for a better day. The spa is conveniently located if travelling by car on a business park near Malvern (not an industrial estate as other reviewers have said!). I believe that the advantages of this place being purpose built far outweigh any looks from the outside or not being in the centre of Malvern.

I had a facial, pre natal and pedicure which were all good and carried out by very friendly therapists.

The surroundings indoors were lovely, very clean and although it was busy we still had all the individual attention we wanted. The pool area was as good as it looks in the photos and there were complimentary apples and papers provided.

I highly recommend this spa and I'm looking forward to my next visit.

N.B On the website it says that slippers are provided but we were not supplied with any - so if you want some you would need to buy them or take your own.....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We went here on a two night deal with breakfast and one evening dinner in the restaurant plus one 55 min treatment each.. All in all a pleasant stay especially if you are not expecting 5* hospitality.

Yes, the location is bizarre at first but once inside I think it's pretty much irrelevant that it's set on an industrial estate.
All the staff were very friendly and welcoming upon arrival and we were able to check in earlier than expected as our room was ready. . A pleasant start!
The room was clean and spacious with a lovely bathroom and big shower with plentiful warm water and a hot towel rail which is needed to dry towels and swimming stuff.

The gym was very up to date and the hydropool and spa area very relaxing.. Very difficult to get out once you're in!

The one treatment we had was relaxing- wanted to try and have a sports massage but no masseurs were available sadly.

Food on the whole was good- not amazing but tasty nonetheless. We had a 3 course dinner and excellent wine on our 1st night and ventured out for dinner on our 2nd... (we recommend the Inn at Welland just up the road). The breakfast buffet is good and staff were very attentive. Breakfast upon departure wasn't great as our poached eggs were massively overlooked. The waitress was very apologetic and we returned later with eggs that were better. #itsnotfunnywhenitsnotrunny

Tip: don't order a morning newspaper as there are plenty around the pool area to read and they are not included in your stay.

All in all a lovely, relaxing stay !

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Visited Malvern Spa In Feb'12 with a friend. Was very surprised by the location and first impressions of the spa as is located on an industrial estate and i drove past twice before i realised where it was. But once you are inside you could be anywhere and completely forget the location. We started off by having a swim and laze by the pool, the pool which is just wonderful as its lovely and warm and you can swim outside, i honestly didn't want to get out. We sat around the pool and read, the only thing i would say is that it could do with some background music as could hear other peoples conversations., Then had some treatments which were all fantastic and then lunch. Food was also really good and good value. Both myself and friend can't wait to go back, we can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
The Abbey Hotel
The Cottage in the Wood
#1 of 1 in Malvern Wells
The Cotford Hotel and l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant
Bank House Hotel, Spa & Golf, BW Premier Collection

Been to The Malvern? Share your experiences!