“Extra Costs for early spa check in”
Review of The Malvern

The Malvern
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Malvern
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Extra Costs for early spa check in”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

It's all been said everything at the Malvern Spa is truly wonderful, the spa experience is one of the best we have enjoyed. Everything is kept very clean and you feel you can walk bare footed around the area if you want to although non slip footwear is reccommended.
The spa is especially wonderful at night in the dark when the steam blows over the water, truly mysterious and romantic.
The surrounding relaxation ares are quiet and enjoyable and there is a good restaurant area offering a good choice of lunch snacks and drinks. We shared a ploughmans platter, very nice indeed complete with home made bread.

We were informed we could not book in or go into the spa until 3.p.m. unless we paid an additional £25 each and on departure checkout time was 11.00 and if we wanted to use the spa after 11.00 again another £25 each on top of the £300 we had already paid.

We used 'Spa break vouchers' (they were a gift) and paid the rest in cash this included Bed & Breakast, a 50 minute massage and dinner. I think we paid enough for the weekend and were dissapointed that we were asked to pay more it certainly cuts you spa experience down to a few hours. Another couple arrived early to book in and they were advised to go shopping until it was time to check in.
We did pay the extra as this would have spoilt our experience and time in the spa however this does bump up your overall costs.

There were people saving beds for up to two hours without using them, this is a norm!

Dinner and breakfast was very nicely served and the food was very good, no complaints there.

Overall I would reccommend this spa but do allow for the extra costs if you want to make the most of your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Malvern Hills and not the car park
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank forgetmenot328
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your review.

It is cleared you experienced all of our facilities and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us. I am surprised the pool loungers were occupied for such a long time and sorry if any inconvenience was caused. Our pool attendant usually monitors this area to ensure fairness and consistency for everyone.

As with most other spa/hotels, the facilities are available to use from check in until check out. This is explained on the confirmation/paperwork issued but again I am sorry you were disappointed by this. Our pool area is open from 6.15am until 10pm to allow for maximum use during your stay.

I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Lynsey Kettlewell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Dawlish, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Great hotel - and fantastic spa! Loved the pool in particular - great selection of different jacuzzi experiences. Multiple sauna and steam rooms - you really are spoilt for choice!
Good sized rooms and very comfy bed. Evening meal and breakfast were good. I will definitely stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CClacey
Thank you for your review and feedback.

I am delighted you had a great stay with us and we look forward to your return visit when you are next in the area.

UK/Italy
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I visited the spa when opened and it is still as I remembered... Fantastic! In/outside pool, 4 steam/sauna rooms, 4 showers and lovely sitting space. The Gym is great too, more than what you expect for a 4 star hotel. This time I had a back massage which was divine and not too pricey.

Hotel - Nice room but view quite disappointing (roof and industrial estate). Attention to details missing (especially in the bathroom). Breakfast good selection and friendly staff.

If you are planning an action/relax weekend in Malverns from trekking to spa, then I would definitely recommend this hotel, despite being in a not nice location. For a meal must try a lovely pub lunch after a long walk to the hill at the British Camp.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Definitelygio2
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for your review and welcome back!

I am delighted you find our facilities fantastic and that you had a great tine with us.

Many of our hotel rooms do have views of the Malvern hills and we will always try and accomodate a change when requested.

I hope you will visit us again soon.

Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Malvern is a modern hotel situated on a business park but the spa is at the rear of the hotel and is away from all the hussle and bussle of everyday life. It has a high wall and that protects you from all going on outside. The outside pool is great, more a massive jaccussi really and is really really warm. Inside the steam room and saunas are lovely - well worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hi Stu

Thank you for your review.

I am so pleased you had such a great time with us. The outdoor pool is especially wonderful at this time of year.

I hope to see you here again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My friend and I really enjoyed our day visit. The spa area is really relaxing & we really liked the fact that is was peaceful- mostly couples, rather than hen parties which can be a bit noisy.The outdoor pool was lovely, especially as it got dark. Lunch was good - chicken club sandwich. Restaurant staff very friendly.
The initial intro was a bit rocky..a bit of a wait, and then the girl who dealt with us took us straight to the locker rooms, but clearly had not received adequate training - she did her best but it didn't give a very good impression. No explanations of the facilities, time to leave etc.
Treatment staff very professional.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: For day spa, get there as early as you can, as time goes soooo quickly.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had a great day with us.

I am sorry you did not receive our usual excellent customer service when you arrived. You should have been met on arrival and given a tour of the facilities.

I hope you will visit us again soon.

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

A superb spa experience!! Our stay was a surprise birthday present to my girlfriend. We have both never stayed at a spa before. I have to agree with a previous review - the square contemporary style of the building (situated opposite a business park) made me worry slightly BUT inside it is fantastic.

The reception staff were warm and welcoming and accommodated our every need. The rooms were spacious, clean and included everything we needed for our stay (inc. tea and coffee facilities)

The facilities are fantastic. We made full use of the indoor and outdoor thermal pools as well as the varying saunas and steam rooms. None of which were particularly busy during our stay.

The treatment waiting room looked like a roman bath with decorative pillars, incredibly comfortable lounge beds and chairs and plenty of reading material. My girlfriend seemed particularly pleased with her massage and pedicure. Simply fantastic.

We also had a 3 course dinner in the restaurant which was nothing short of amazing. The food was spectacular, and the service was friendly and prompt. If you eat there then you HAVE to have the pan friend scallops starter and the chocolate tart for dessert.

Overall I have nothing but praise for this spa. I would certainly stay again and recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank aglazz
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I am so pleased you both enjoyed the Birthday treat.

It is clear you managed to make the most of your time here and utilised all of the facilities.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to your return visit when I am sure you will receive equally good service, treatments and food.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a break here recently and I have to say that most of the other reviews were correct. The spa IS a modern building and IS located in a business park however any trepidation soon leaves you when you get inside. The facilities are top notch and an abiding memory will be lying in the outside pool on a recliner in the water jets, looking up at the stars. The staff are also very welcoming and friendly which helps to complete such a positive experience. The rooms felt like a 4* hotel, as did the food. We'd definitely return and recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Churchy2013
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your great feedback and recommendation.

The outside pool is a delight at night, and especially so in the winter.

I am delighted you enjoyed all aspects of The Malvern and it is great to hear you will be visiting us again soon.

Lynsey Kettlewell, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
The Abbey Hotel
Mount Pleasant Hotel
Mount Pleasant Hotel
#9 of 10 in Malvern
Premier Inn Malvern Hotel

Been to The Malvern? Share your experiences!