“Good modern hotel with spa facilities”
Review of The Malvern

The Malvern
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Smart clean hotel with nice welcome at reception and comfortable room. Restaurant pleasant but nothing special but staff friendly. What makes this place stand out is the pool area and access to usual spa facilities off the salon.A good spot to wind down and relax.
It is unfortunate that , although you can see the glorious Malvern Hill in the distance , there is no getting away from the fact that this hotel is sited on a business park and the famous hills can only be seen across scrub land, pylons, and industrial buildings.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hello

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to note you enjoyed your stay and especially the spa facilities.

I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to Malvern spa for a day spa on a number of occasions but this time choose to make it a spa weekend. Overall it's a beautiful spa with luxurious surroundings and fantastic service.
We booked a package which included spa access, a treatment each (we both had full body massages which were fantastic), dinner in the hotel restaurant and breakfast for £150pp. From our experience this was generally good value for money however the food could be much better.
The restaurant in the evening lacked atmosphere and does not match the luxurious design of the rest of the spa. Considering the cost of our hotel package we were expecting a show stopping meal but it was just 'okay' and we could have found better in any local restaurant. We had recently been to the Belfry for a spa weekend and the food there was amazing, far surpassing the Malvern. The bar was also very disappointing, after finishing our meal we fancied a cocktail but the bar looked dirty and scruffy so we went to bed. We could not fault the breakfast however, lots of choice, very fresh and great service.
The only other thing that was disappointing was that we had to check out at 11. At this time spa acesss was removed and we would have had to pay another £50 to be able to stay in for a few more hours. Considering you cannot check in till 3 on day of arrival this, we felt, was poor.
A lovely spa but with a few changes it could be spectacular.

Stayed: August 2014
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello Tom

Thank you for your review- it is always good to hear from regular visitors.

It is clear you have always enjoyed your visits, including treatments, facilities and meals. However, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy the bar and restaurant area on this visit. It is most unusual to receive poor comments about our food and restaurant and I do hope this will not put you off visiting us again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Been to The Malvern on several occasions and loved it every time! Very clean, amazing staff, beautiful rooms, superb ambiance and definitely worth every penny! The food is fresh and well presented and all the treatments I have ever had have been a real treat! Would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi Hollie

Thank you for your review and I am so delighted that, as a regular visitor, you continue to enjoy every visit so much.

Your recommendation is much appreciated and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is perfect for relaxing. Which is what we intended to do. Swimsuit, slippers and robe, straight to the hydrotherapy pool. Thoroughly rejuvenating. Our room was clean, spacious, with smart modern decor. Shower was amazing. Definitely book a treatment before you arrive, the relaxation room was bliss. Dinner service was friendly and helpful. Made us feel very welcome. When dinner arrived it was really delicious. my partner had the lamb, i had the monkfish. Really tasty and top marks to the chef and team. Breakfast was also delightful. The staff again warm and friendly. The service was excellent. All in all thoroughly relaxing time. Thank you to all at the Malvern.xx

• Stayed: August 2014
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hi Lucy

Thank you for your review.

I am so pleased you both had such an enjoyable and relaxing time with us.

I hope you will come back and visit us again very soon for a repeat performance!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Not being a couple that are used to fancy hotels, my partner decided to treat me to a romantic 'posh' night away.
Location - The hotel, although in an industrial estate, looks over the Malvern Hills which I personally thought was fantatsic.
Greeting - Every single member of staff greeted us with a genuine smile and couldn't have made us more welcome.
Rooms - Spacious, well equiped and extremely comfortable with all of the mod cons you'd ever need.
Facilities - The pool and spa area was second to none, outstanding experience, we spent the day of arrival (after 3pm) in there and were also down there at 9am after breakfast until checkout at 11am.
Treatments - We had a shoulder neck and back massage together by two loveley ladies who once again couldnt have made us more welcome. Me, someone known as not being able to sit still, subsequently fell asleep directly after in the fabulous relaxation lounge!
Restaurant - We were worried as it sounded and indeed was priced very posh. We braved it and treated ourselves to dinner - free boittle of wine I may add. It was beautiful and filled us right up. I am a fussy eater and again they catered for everything I requested (changing the sauce, let me try a tuille and at breakfast even gave me extra bacon!). On to the breakfast - sublime, nothing left to add.
Bar - The only downside really, we had planned to sit and have a few in the hotel bar after dinner but it was very quiet and almost a little non-existent. I'd imagined some comfy settees with a tv maybe, instead we retired to our extremely comfy beds and fell asleep watching a film!
Other Reviews - I'm not surer where the bad reviews have come from although I can imagine, for example there was a middle aged gentlemen who bustled in for dinner, was greeted to a huge plate and two sides, scoffed the lot in minutes and then subsequently complained to the lovely waitress that he wasn't impressed. Another gentlemen then complained about the toaster in the morning at breakfast. I thought this is hilarious, it was a decent four piece toaster that did the job perfectly, what more does he want.............I believe a little bit of snobbery existed here.....anyway:

In summary, great night stay, will be returning in the near future if we can a) find a babysitter and b) can scrape the peenies together....thank you to all at The Malvern.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello there

Thank you so much for your lovely constructive review.

I am delighted you both enjoyed your stay so much and that you experienced not only our great customer service but also every aspect of The Malvern.

Relaxation is key and it is clear we achieved that for you!

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

For an expensive spa I must admit I was very disappointed. The place was scruffy, the restaurant was poor (lady who served us lovely) but staff just standing around chatting and our food took over1/2 hour to one out and was just a omelette and poached eggs.
The relaxation room was also not great the staff chatting in the corridor were noisy and the place just was t well kept.
A disappointing time - never use the place again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank KJCR

Hello there

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit.

I am so disappointed to read your comments and that you did not enjoy your time here. As can be seen from our many previous positive reviews, it is most unusual for our guests to leave dissatisfied.

I will ensure your feedback is shared with all of the teams so that we can ensure we make learnings/changes where needed.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My fiancé and I stayed overnight and both had spa treatments, despite being initially disappointed by the location it proved to be an enjoyable night away.
All the staff without exception were pleasant and accommodating, a big plus point.
Our hotel room was clean and spacious the views aren't the most amazing but thats not really what we went for, so we weren't overally concerned.
Our treatments we very good, especially the elimis facial I had -would definitely recommend, my back and shoulder massage was cut a little bit short and as it was only for half an hour in the first place I felt a little cheated!
There was a nice and relaxing ambience inside the spa, and I feel that the wonderful staff together with the vast selection of lovely treatments available make the Malvern Spa worth a visit....we would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi Gemma

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted you both enjoyed your stay and 'saw beyond the location'.

It is great to learn you enjoyed your treatments but I am disappointed to note one was cut short. This is most unusual and I hope you did discuss this with the Spa Manager at the time

I look forward to welcoming you both back at The Malvern in the very near future.

Lynsey Kettlewell, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
The Abbey Hotel
The Cotford Hotel and l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant
Malvern Hills Hotel
Malvern Hills Hotel
#7 of 10 in Malvern

Been to The Malvern? Share your experiences!