“Good Special Occasion Venue”

The Malvern Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 97 Restaurants in Malvern
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Good Special Occasion Venue”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Food was well prepared and tasty. Prices quite high (Starters £6-£9 Mains £15-£19) but worth it overall. A little concerned as to how often they change the menu, with only 5 or 6 Starters and 5 or 6 Mains choices could become very limited fairly quickly.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tumpty2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Decent food, however overpriced and service poor.”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Firstly this review is for the restaurant section only and doesn't involve the spa/hotel itself.
Due to lack of time we ended up booking a table here while staying at the spa, first impression was that the restaurant was small and setup as more of a extra room, lacking much atmosphere or decoration at all.
The best point is that the food was decent, steak was cooked well with a few interesting sides, and pork terrine was tasty. However the price wasn't really justified by the food.
The main negative point was service, we were not asked if we wanted a drink and had to request this, different staff brought out each course, and staff seemed disinterested.
Summary - For "fine dining" and this price point, there are other better options in the area and I wouldn't recommend here as a preferred choice.

• Visited December 2012
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Hello Ryan

I am sorry to learn you did not have an enjoyable experience when dining with us recently. This is not our usual standard of service and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues with you. Please email your contact details to me at laura.fish@themalvernspa.com
Kind Regards
Laura Fish, Front of House Manager
London, United Kingdom
“This spa does not resemble the pics through spabreaks.com. Based on an industrial site, rude staff and no fun.”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This would have to be the worst spa experience I've ever had. Being Easter and very last minute decision to go I realised I had made a huge mistake coming. When I arrived after nearly 3 hours from London the site resembled an industrial site. I was greeted at reception by a young man who bluntly said I was too early to check in. I had to come in early before check in as the only treatment available for the entire 2 nights stay was 2 hours before check in. Note to self NEVER go to these places with only 1 treatment as you'll be bored to tears without getting outside... I wasn't shown around the spa and was given a map by the brain dead reception guy. Although I have to say all the reception staff bar this 1 man were very courteous. After waiting 2 hours after my treatment I was then taken to my room. Thinking I'm sure the room would make up for it but sad to say no.... I got to my room, opened the curtains to find my room has the direct view if the car park. Lovely!

2 Thank MissFreesia
Malvern, United Kingdom
“A good dining experience”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Good locally sourced food cooked very well. Only criticism is the service can sometimes be a bit slow, but hey what the heck, the food is well worth waiting for!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Natalie W
Shropshire
“Lovely food and efficient friendly service”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We have just returned from a spa break (6 ladies) where we ate in the restaurant for dinner. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals, the food was delicious and the service for both food and drinks was second to none. By request the waiting on staff presented a cake to one of our party at the end of the evening which made her night, and when we were still chatting late into the evening, our waitress led us through to the spa area to relax and chat more comfortably on the sofas.
The only let down was that our girly evening was cut short by a group of blokes staying at the hotel who were far too drunk and imposed themselves upon us towards the end of the night so we all went to bed. Not the retaurants fault, but a downer none the less.
We cant wait to return.