“The Wellington Inn”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tel: 01684 540269
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Good friendly pub with a really good range of beer and cider. We had Sunday roast which came with a good selection of veg and the beef was full of flavour. Its just a shame it was cooked all the way through. All the staff were really friendly and only too happy to help.

1  Thank redneil69
goodhew, Owner at The Wellington Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review and I am glad you enjoyed you meal!! I am assuming you visited the Wellington last Sunday when we had a large christening party in our dining room. Ordinarily we cook the Beef very rare but on this occasion it was cooked more specifically for the party. Please accept my apologies as I should have said how the beef was cooked.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Good quality local ingredients. The staff are ver friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The menu offers good value for money and the dishes are delicious. As a vegetarian I find the dishes at the Wellington are excellent and far above the usual bland fare. I especially like the twice baked cheese souffle, and there is a really good red thai cashew nut curry at the moment.

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Returned here with a group in December: the food is always first rate and really good value. The staff were very friendly and most accomodating. Will be back, and looking forward to it too.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We came to try the food because the reviews were so good and we weren't disappointed! After a long walk on the hills, we came in for a fantastic Sunday Lunch - the beef is to die for. We agreed that it was the best beef we've had for a long time and great value too. The fire was lovely to warm us up after our walk and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We wish we lived near this pub and we will definitely eat here again when we come back.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Exceptional ! A fine Sunday lunch and fitting end to our trip to the UK. Great value and I was kicking myself that I could not squeeze in dessert!

1  Thank Fourlambs