The Cotford Hotel and l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We returned to the Cotford for another great stay. The hotel was beautifully decorated with Christmas decorations, it all looked georgeous. Barbara and Chris were again the perect hosts with adorable Hector the dog. Room was pretty and the bed linen really comfortable. Could have stayed much longer......We love this place

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahJG1
cotfordhotel, Owner at The Cotford Hotel and l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Aah .. thank you for staying over again,
so glad you enjoyed it.. See you both soon hopefully,
Chris , Barbara and Hector

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was very sceptical when my family informed me that we were going to be having Xmas Dinner at the Cotford as I love Xmas at home and the previous twice we have eaten out on Xmas Day were "poor" to say the least. However 12 of us (from ages of 80 down to our 4 year old grandson) duely turned up and I must say it turned out to be a brilliant decision, and it made Xmas very special. From the moment we turned up at this beautiful hotel the sevice was exceptional and as for the food well it was superb and plentiful... A brilliant touch which was much appreciated was when my grandson asked for fruit crumble with custard which was not on the sumptious menu , however lo and behold when time came for Dessert a fruit crumble with custard (specially prepared) turned up to the delight of my Grandson..I could go on and on about what a great place this is but suffice to say we are booking again for Xmas 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WELLANDITE

Brilliant, brilliant , brilliant and thank you.....
Its what Christmas and families are all about.
Have a lovely 2014 and hopefully we'll see you all again soon,
Kindest regards
Chris, Barbara and all the staff :-)

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was my forth visit to Cotford Hotel and it was even better than the last three.. I received a warm welcome on arrival and a great recommendation to visit The Nags Head for a pre dinner beer, if you like real ale you must go..

The food offered in L'Amuse Bouche is exception from start to finish; excellent cooking and presentation. everything on the varied menu looked good, I had the prawns followed by the fillet...and then crème brule. One of the best meals I have enjoyed out this year. Oh the service was most attentive too.

My room (8) had been recently refurbished, the bed was most comfortable and the bathroom was well fitted.

All in all a lovely evening followed by an excellent breakfast. Having stayed away for four nights in Dec' with work this was head and shoulders above everywhere else.

Thank you all and I hope to have the privaledge of visiting The Cotford Hotel again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Oh thank you. It was lovely meeting you and a pleasure making sure you enjoyed your stay,
Hope Christmas went well and you have a lovely 2014,
Chris and Barbara

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My extended family had my wife's birthday lunch here on a Sunday and having heard good things about the food we were not disappointed. The service was prompt and discreet and the food was superb, with my beef moist and succulenbt and vegetables crip and fresh. Lovely occaision and can't wait for an opportunity to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

That's lovely.... thank you for visiting and your lovely comments, Its warming to hear and read comments as yours in such busy moments. It means so much to us all.
Chris , Barbara and all the staff

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is a wonderful small country hotel in an old spa town. The hotel gave easy access to the beautiful Malvern Hills, which are well worth a few hours if you time to explore...more if you have it. Since my stay was split with a trip elsewhere, I had the pleasure of staying in two different rooms, both nicely appointed with comfortable beds and good chairs for reading. The full hot breakfast was wonderful and I did enjoy an evening meal at the l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant. I can highly recommend the perfectly prepared salmon. We enjoyed before dinner drinks and after dinner coffee in the beautiful lounge, with a nice fire in the fireplace. I will definitely stay here, if business takes me to this area again and have added this area to my place to return on vacation. I would enjoy more time in the hills, and if you are walking the hills, I recommend a lunch stop at St Anne's Well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank thompson2_7

That's lovely...thank you.
It was a pleasure looking after you during your stay, and it means so much to be appreciated and even more to read about it.
Kindest regards
Chris, Barbara and all the staff.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I have been putting corporate guests into this small hotel for a couple of years and they have uniformly been enthusiastic. I finally spent a night there and was extremely impressed. The hotel is a large house, sympathetically converted and the rooms (if mine is anything to go by) are charming, eccentrically but beautifully furnished and the room amenities and services first rate. The en suite and shower are fine, the towels are large and fluffy, the complimentary soap and shampoos and conditioners splendid.

The hotel is set in beautiful gardens, the staff are delightful and keen to please and the hotel dog - every hotel should have a hotel dog - is large and friendly, I can thoroughly recommend the Cotford for the business traveller and from conversation, the leisure traveller exploring the local area will find everything here he or she might want.

Altogether a fine experience and refreshingly good value.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My friend and I arrived Tuesday afternoon to a stunning looking hotel. Walked through the front door and greeted by the owners Barbara and Chris, lovely people who can't do enough to help you. This instantly creates a feeling of a more personal touch / service rather than a big hotel chain. We were shown to our rooms which were immaculately clean with all of the usual amenities you would expect from a classy establishment. We went out for the afternoon in Malvern which is only a short walk away and then came back for dinner in the restaurant. The service and the food were exceptional! I had the scallops which were fresh and cooked to perfection and at a very reasonable price. All in all we had an excellent stay and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
The Cottage in the Wood
Malvern Hills Hotel
#8 of 10 in Malvern
4 mi away
Bank House Hotel, Spa & Golf, BW Premier Collection

Been to The Cotford Hotel and l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant? Share your experiences!