“Overnight stay”
Review of The Abbey Hotel

The Abbey Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Found the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was basic but had all we needed. We looked out at the Abbey which was stunning. Dinner was very good value, well cooked and presented breakfast was also good with plenty of choice. Will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Jill M,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us here at the Abbey Hotel.

I am pleased you found our team here friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed the view of the Priory from your bedroom.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for The Abbey Hotel

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks in January on business. Room was comfortable and the staff very pleasant. Fabulous breakfast too! The evening meal was okay - just small portions. Massive car park on site - but not lit so can be a bit hazardous on times.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear mikethegreek2968,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at the Abbey Hotel. I am pleased you found the staff very pleasant and enjoyed our breakfast offering.

The lighting in the car park and also the signage to our reception is a project we are currently working on.

I hope you will visit us again in the near future and see those enhancements our hotel is currently undergoing.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel has three levels of room standard but one level of service which is excellant. We obtained a good deal as part of a charity function and were very pleased with the room, breakfast and overall service. The hotel has had a number of extensions so narrow corridors and stairs with a fair treck from the carpark.
Noise in the corridors can be a problem if there is a function taking place, but didn't affect us.

Room Tip: Three levels to cheese from so make sure you know what you are getting
1  Thank pepperdw

Dear pepperdw,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Abbey Hotel following your recent visit. We are all delighted you were very pleased with the room, breakfast and overall service. I will ensure you comments are seen by our team here.

As our car park is located at the rear of the hotel it can be a walk up hill to get around to the entrance, so we do advise our guests to drop their luggage off and check in before parking.

We hope we welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

On the plus side the staff, and notably the reception staff, were very pleasant and efficient and the hotel was very busy the evening we stayed. On the downside the hotel is very bland, as are the rooms, for the price and the shower could only be described as 'gutless'! I must admit I'd had a bad experience last year with the Abbey where they bumped us out of the restaurant at the last minute from our booking (made a week before) for seven people.... I'd traveled two hours to meet family and was just a tad miffed! We ate elsewhere and I had vowed not to return but my partner talked me around... not sure will rush back....

1  Thank BigBadBobbieBrown

Dear BigBadBobbieBrown,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us.

I am pleased you found our team pleasant and efficient. As a hotel we recognise the importance of efficient service carried out by happy, well motivated staff; so it is very rewarding for everyone when the team are noticed and praised for their good service.

I am sorry you found the hotel and the bedrooms bland. I appreciate that the interior is not what some guests would expect when looking at some parts of the exterior. However, we have tried to balance the expectations of guests who like to see historical features with the needs of modern travellers who require a more contemporary look and up to date facilities.

I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate your booking last year, and I would welcome the opportunity to apologise personally for our mistake. Please contact me directly on dgrey@sarova.com if you would like to discuss any of the issues in more detail. If you do choose to stay here again I would be delighted to assist and find a room which has a more traditional feel than some of our other rooms.

Best regards

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at The Abbey Hotel. Excellent value for money especially as it included a three course meal as part of the deal. Rooms are pleasant and clean but what made the stay a pleasure was the friendly staff especially those working in the restaurant. They were attentive without being over bearing (although the restaurant was not busy). Would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Susanx123,

Thank you for your positive review of the Abbey Hotel.

I am grateful and delighted that you have described your stay with us as “fabulous”!

I will be sure to pass on your generous comments to my team who will be pleased the service and hospitality they offer has helped to make your stay with us more enjoyable.

I do hope we see you again soon, for another fabulous stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed for one night, first of all we were welcomed by a pleasant girl at reception .The Hotel it self was stunning! Our room was lovely with loads of hot water. We were very surprised to have a 3 course evening meal included in the price.The meal and breakfast was of a high standard.and all the staff were polite and helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 319 was lovely
1  Thank binmanross

Dear binmanross,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I must agree with you; The Abbey is stunning!

A pleasant welcome in a hotel is always appreciated; so it is fantastic that our Receptionist, and, in fact, all of the team were polite and helpful. It’s also excellent news that your bedroom and both dinner and breakfast met your expectations.

Thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back to The Abbey once again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here two nights in a superior double room (322) and a 3 course meal was included in our price, which at £23.50 each was a nice deduction from the rate of £144 total for 2 nights. I think we've learned not to choose triple size beds as it is is only two beds put together and the split makes it very uncomfortable to cuddle. Unfortunately I did not ask to be put away from any rooms with dogs and this was a nuisance our second night- even though on the top floor we were disturbed and it would have been better to be on the other side of the hotel completely. Be sure to insist on this! We were also on the east side of the building which was great for the sunrise but offered no view of the abbey and only brought more noise from the car park and road side area. Unfortunately this also seemed to be the side of the hotel for noisy loitering poor behaved or drunken adults very late into the night. Again, not pleasant if you're trying to enjoy a rest. Room walls themselves were very thin and doors in the hallway slammed shut thanks to the inconsiderate neighbours who couldn't be bothered to slow the door down...perhaps the hotel could look into this. The kettle and iron were a bit daft but overall I believe this hotel offers the best location and value for money in town and is worth the car park, free wifi and other amenities. Hotel is a 3 but the food and staff are an easy 4+. Best advice also is to eat in the bar area if not too busy as the restaurant is larger but the staff overfill each area at a time rather then splitting guests up to offer more privacy and a nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: Definitely insist on a room from any booked in dogs and a view of the abbey
1  Thank Karen P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Mount Pleasant Hotel
#7 of 10 in Malvern
Great Malvern Hotel
Great Malvern Hotel
#8 of 10 in Malvern

Been to The Abbey Hotel? Share your experiences!