“Cricket festival”

The Abbey Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Malvern
“Cricket festival”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Great stay at abbey hotel for the malvern girls cricket festival. Large clean room , friendly helpfull staff. Staff help us to make changes to booking at last minute and couldnt do enough to help. Hope to be back next year for another festival

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Adrian D,

I was delighted to read your review following your visit to Malvern and The Abbey for a cricket festival and I do hope this was a success.

I was particularly pleased that my team was able to deliver such personal and attentive service and I will pass on your kind comments.

Most importantly, it’s great to hear that you’ll be back with us next year!

Duncan Grey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights whilst in the area for a wedding. The hotel itself was charming. the room was clean and well appointed. My dissapointment was brought to bear with the appauling service that was offered by the staff. The lack of attention shown was shocking and when brought to the attention of the management, the apology was derisory. Considering the hotel is listed as 4 star, I feel I have been treated better in a Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't let the label Superior suck you in. It wasn't................
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Johny H,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us while you were in the area for a wedding. I am pleased you found the hotel charming and the room clean and well appointed.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the level of service that was provided by our staff, and that you felt the management response was derisory.

I would like to be able to apologise properly for our lack of attention. However at this point I do not have any information other than the review. I would really appreciate if you contacted me on dgrey@sarova.com, so I can investigate further and apologise properly for not living up to our usual standards of service.

durham
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stay here for 2 nights, to attend our best friends wedding, lovely hotel, friendly staff, great breakfast, enjoyable, great location a short walk and you are in the town, did not have time for a good look around, but what we saw, seemed to have some lovely shabby chic little shops, would love to go back again, and stay in the same hotel, and have a good look around.

Stayed August 2014
Dear jackie4242,

Thank you for posting your comments following your weekend visit to The Abbey. I’m delighted you enjoyed both your stay with us and the celebration of your friend’s wedding.

Malvern is certainly in a fabulous location and there is plenty to do in the area from the Cathedral City of Worcester to the rural villages of Herefordshire.

I do hope you’ll take the opportunity to visit us again and explore more of the local area.

Chipping Campden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Abbey looks the real ideal place, a beautiful building and surroundings too. That's were it ended for us. We have been to many similar styled places in UK and Europe but our experience here was terrible. We had a lunch that we didn't finish, the staff were too busy and seemed overworked. I guess this was only based on a lunch and not a stay but pleased we went because we for sure would not stay there when you have an ample of other nice hotels on the doorstop.
A shame really because it deserves better.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear ElClassico2014,

Thank you for your recent review following your lunch with us.

I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your lunch and that the staff members on duty were too busy and seemed overworked.

I agree that our location is great and I am disappointed that on this occasion the service we provided was not to our usual standard to the extent that you didn’t finish your lunch and would not consider returning.

I would be grateful if you could spare some time to discuss the issues in more detail so we do learn and improve from our mistake. If you could please contact me on dgrey@sarova.com I would appreciate it, as I agree with you the hotel deserves better than the service we provided to you.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Room and bathroom were spotless. Very polite staff who catered well with our early arrival. Breakfast was great, both serene and efficient even though the hotel was very busy. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ssejmob,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Abbey Hotel. I was really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is wonderful to read that you were impressed with the quality of our bedrooms and breakfast, and also the conduct of my team.

The hospitality of the staff is, I’m sure, why many of our guests come back frequently, and I’m glad you hope to do so too.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stopped overnight after a dog show and did enjoy the experience. Nice room and huge comfy bed. clean and well appointed. Was amused by the screwed into the drawer hair dryer! lovely bathroom. helpful and polite staff and meal in the evening was very nice. Breakfast was excellent. Dog made most welcome. had a lovely walk up on the hill before our evening meal - the view from the top is absolutely spectacular! Only one black mark - the tea/coffee facilities. Only 2 little cartons of milk in room - not enough for 1 cup of coffee and when I asked at the reception for some more, I was directed to the bar for a jug of milk and when I made the coffee in the morning, discovered it was only half full so only just got our drink out of it! bit tight I think.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hazelnut512
Dear Hazelnut512,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your visit to The Abbey and it’s great to hear you were able to take advantage of the fabulous views of the Malvern Hills.

I apologise that you found the milk supplied in your bedroom insufficient for your hot drinks and also that you weren’t provided with enough fresh milk from the bar. I have discussed this with our Housekeeping and bar teams, and will ensure this is corrected in future.

I am, however, delighted that you found your bedroom comfortable and you enjoyed breakfast.

I do hope you’ll take the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

For a 4 star hotel, i expected more. Beds were extremely uncomfortable, tv signal was awful but the front of the hotel is beautiful. Shame that the extension looks like a travel inn that you'd find on a motorway

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Flyingsolo1235,

I am sorry that you found your stay overall disappointing.

We have recently replaced some amplifiers that should improve the television reception, which was not as it should have been in some areas of the hotel. I am sorry that this was not done before it affected your stay.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay with you in more detail. Please contact me on dgrey@sarova.com, in order to be able to reply more fully and to improve our service for future guests.

Many thanks for your review.

Duncan Grey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Mount Pleasant Hotel
#8 of 10 in Malvern
Malvern Hills Hotel
Malvern Hills Hotel
#7 of 10 in Malvern

Been to The Abbey Hotel? Share your experiences!