“Very pleasant stay”
Review of The Abbey Hotel

The Abbey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 15 August 2014

After reading quite a number of negative reviews, I was very apprehensive after my booking, (perhaps should read reviews first ! ) I need not have worried, the hotel was first class and in a magnificent setting, The room was immaculate with an adjoining bathroom big enough to hold a party ! Over all a very pleasant 3 night stay and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Stuart S,

I was so pleased to read your review describing The Abbey as “first class” and our location in Malvern as “magnificent”.

My team really appreciates such positive comments particularly when they always strive to exceed the expectations of our guests.

I do hope you’ll stay with us at The Abbey again soon.

Kind regards,

Duncan Grey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

2nd year here for Malvern cricket festival and the hotel was even better than last year staff are great and so was our room
I love the views and the position to the town with shops and restaurants and pubs is very convenient parking can be a bit tricky if the hotel is busy, we also used the gym and pool up the road just had to ask reception

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Bluejay06

Dear Bluejay06,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your second visit to The Abbey and that you felt we had, in fact, improved from last year; this really is what we hope to achieve.

We have a big car park located at the side of the hotel, which, I agree, can be a little tricky at times. We usually advise our guests to check-in first and then park their car. I do apologise if you had difficulty parking your car during your stay.

Our location in Malvern is so convenient and provides a great opportunity to explore the local shops; and the views from the hotel are just stunning.

I hope you’ll stay with us for next year’s Malvern Cricket Festival, if not before!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Great stay at abbey hotel for the malvern girls cricket festival. Large clean room , friendly helpfull staff. Staff help us to make changes to booking at last minute and couldnt do enough to help. Hope to be back next year for another festival

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Adrian D,

I was delighted to read your review following your visit to Malvern and The Abbey for a cricket festival and I do hope this was a success.

I was particularly pleased that my team was able to deliver such personal and attentive service and I will pass on your kind comments.

Most importantly, it’s great to hear that you’ll be back with us next year!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights whilst in the area for a wedding. The hotel itself was charming. the room was clean and well appointed. My dissapointment was brought to bear with the appauling service that was offered by the staff. The lack of attention shown was shocking and when brought to the attention of the management, the apology was derisory. Considering the hotel is listed as 4 star, I feel I have been treated better in a Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't let the label Superior suck you in. It wasn't................
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Johny H,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us while you were in the area for a wedding. I am pleased you found the hotel charming and the room clean and well appointed.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the level of service that was provided by our staff, and that you felt the management response was derisory.

I would like to be able to apologise properly for our lack of attention. However at this point I do not have any information other than the review. I would really appreciate if you contacted me on dgrey@sarova.com, so I can investigate further and apologise properly for not living up to our usual standards of service.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stay here for 2 nights, to attend our best friends wedding, lovely hotel, friendly staff, great breakfast, enjoyable, great location a short walk and you are in the town, did not have time for a good look around, but what we saw, seemed to have some lovely shabby chic little shops, would love to go back again, and stay in the same hotel, and have a good look around.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear jackie4242,

Thank you for posting your comments following your weekend visit to The Abbey. I’m delighted you enjoyed both your stay with us and the celebration of your friend’s wedding.

Malvern is certainly in a fabulous location and there is plenty to do in the area from the Cathedral City of Worcester to the rural villages of Herefordshire.

I do hope you’ll take the opportunity to visit us again and explore more of the local area.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Abbey looks the real ideal place, a beautiful building and surroundings too. That's were it ended for us. We have been to many similar styled places in UK and Europe but our experience here was terrible. We had a lunch that we didn't finish, the staff were too busy and seemed overworked. I guess this was only based on a lunch and not a stay but pleased we went because we for sure would not stay there when you have an ample of other nice hotels on the doorstop.
A shame really because it deserves better.

Dear ElClassico2014,

Thank you for your recent review following your lunch with us.

I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy your lunch and that the staff members on duty were too busy and seemed overworked.

I agree that our location is great and I am disappointed that on this occasion the service we provided was not to our usual standard to the extent that you didn’t finish your lunch and would not consider returning.

I would be grateful if you could spare some time to discuss the issues in more detail so we do learn and improve from our mistake. If you could please contact me on dgrey@sarova.com I would appreciate it, as I agree with you the hotel deserves better than the service we provided to you.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Room and bathroom were spotless. Very polite staff who catered well with our early arrival. Breakfast was great, both serene and efficient even though the hotel was very busy. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ssejmob,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Abbey Hotel. I was really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is wonderful to read that you were impressed with the quality of our bedrooms and breakfast, and also the conduct of my team.

The hospitality of the staff is, I’m sure, why many of our guests come back frequently, and I’m glad you hope to do so too.

Duncan Grey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Mount Pleasant Hotel
Great Malvern Hotel
Great Malvern Hotel
#7 of 10 in Malvern
The Cotford Hotel and l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant

Been to The Abbey Hotel? Share your experiences!