“Lovely weekend, shame about the other guests!”
Review of The Abbey Hotel

The Abbey Hotel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Malvern
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had a free room upgrade to an executive family room which was a lovely surprise. The room was spacious and very clean with a lovely comfy bed. We had problems with the TV which was promptly resolved. Partial views over the vale of Evesham. The breakfasts were lovely. During our stay there were 2 weddings, didn't have much bother on the first night however the 2nd wedding seemed particularly noisy. We were unable to have the window open due to the noise from the disco and the smokers chatting noisily outside. Equally rowdy at breakfast next morning. This did put a dampener on what would have been a perfect weekend at a lovely hotel

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear Ginger_Rogers1,

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade and found the breakfast lovely, and that you overall had a lovely weekend.

I am sorry that on your second evening the noise from one of the wedding parties disturbed your stay. Although we take measures and precautions to minimise the noise coming from your event suites, sometimes it needs additional control.

I do hope your will choose to return to The Abbey for another lovely weekend.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Just returned from a 24 hour stay at the Abbey Hotel Malvern , where we {my wife and I }attended a Wedding , What a experience we had, from the full wedding service .the reception, and the nights stay, the organisation was first class so professional ,All meals provided were of a very high standard , the bedroom / bathroom we had was very clean {spotless} with a kingsize bed and lovely white bed linen. We would like to have another stay here [one night was £135] but well worth it, but may look out for the special offers next time so we may be able to afford to stay longer. All the staff we met were so helpful, THANK YOU . Also best wishes to the happy couple Paul and Sianne and a special thank you for inviting us to share your day at the lovely Abbey Hotel ...

Room Tip: we had room 119 which was quiet and peaceful so a good nights was had.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear davidbakerWorcester,

Thank you for your great review of the Abbey Hotel. I am delighted that you had such a fantastic experience at the wedding you attended here.

Our Head Chef and Food & Beverage Manager were both pleased that you found the meals of a very high standard and the service very well organised.

I hope you will return to The Abbey soon, for another good stay. Do check our website periodically for special packages, or sign-up to our newsletter, so you receive our latest news and offers.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Visited Malvern as part of the annual cricket festival and wanted good accomodation nearby. The Abbey Hotel is very well placed, clean and nice rooms, pleasant staff and good facilities for a relaxing chat with friends. If you are visiting Malvern for the cricket festival or for walks etc, The Abbey Hotel is a great option.

• Stayed: August 2014
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear mk3mk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased you have had a good stay at The Abbey whilst attending the Malvern Cricket Festival. It’s fantastic that we have been such a popular choice during this event!

Clean bedrooms with great facilities and pleasant staff are just a couple of points that we are proud of and aim to achieve at all times.

It’s lovely to hear you were able to relax in the comfort of the hotel and spend time with friends. I do hope you will choose us again for next year’s Festival or perhaps sooner.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here a few months ago and again in August 2014 this time in an executive room. The room was lovely, very clean and the bathroom was top notch. Complimentary fruit and water was also provided in the executive room which was close to reception but still quiet. The food was very good although we only ate breakfast. Can recommend this hotel if you are staying in Malvern which is a lovely place, can also recommend visiting nearby Tewkesbury.

Room Tip: Room 312 was good, overlooking the quiet road near the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nick B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Abbey once again; this truly is the acid test of our success.

Your comments and recommendation will be a great help to others who are considering a visit to Malvern.

Our Head Chef was delighted that you were impressed with our recently improved breakfast; he and his team will continually strive to act upon feedback from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Abbey on your next visit to Malvern.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

If booking online for dinner, check details carefully including whether you have to book a specific time for the restaurant table. Lack of good communication made what should be a simple process quite complicated for us!
Also, be aware that rooms vary greatly. We had a 'standard double' (no 406) which in hindsight I should have questioned on arrival. It is much too small to accommodate two adults (and we are not super-sized adults!) comfortably for two nights.
However, on the positive side, the food is very good and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms and all linen and towels lovely - clean and good quality.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 528Cath21,

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that your dinner booking process was unduly onerous and I will ensure we make it as straightforward as possible for future guests.

Our rooms do vary greatly in size, layout and design. I am sorry that your room was smaller than you would have liked. I am sure that we can find a room more to your liking, if you chose to stay again.

I am pleased you found our team to be helpful and friendly, the food very good and the room and linen clean and good quality.

I hope the positive experiences outweighed the negative points and you will be visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I spent three nights here 17/19 of August
We had a standard room with a super kingsize bed plenty of pillows and crisp white bed linen
The bathroom was spacious and spotlessly clean
The food was good ample choice for breakfast and well cooked dinner
The whole company of staff were delightful and helpful
What more can I say having paid twice the price inLondon recently which proved very disappointing we were thrilled with the Abbey and happily recommend the hotel

Room Tip: All types of room appear to be of a good standard we experienced no problem with noise on the 2 nd f...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olivemartin

Dear Olivemartin,

Thank you for your review and I too am thrilled that you chose to stay at The Abbey and had such a wonderful time.

I am grateful and delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations concerning hospitality, facilities and service.

Your comments make the staff particularly proud of what we always aim to achieve and it’s a huge motivator to pass on such fabulous feedback.

I do hope you’ll choose to stay with us once again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Had another stay recently at this 4 star landmark Hotel at the top of the town.

Upon booking, I know my room will undoubtedly be spotlessly clean but could well lack fresh air (one small window) and consequently will be hot (fan provided), I know the bar prices will be on the expensive side - £3.90 for a pint of Wye Valley Ale, I know breakfast is buffet-style (and you have to oversee the production of toast), although tea/coffee is served for you, I know the Wi-Fi hotspot will annoyingly redirect to the Sarova Hotels website when first switching my phone on, and I know there is sometimes a possibility of service problems in the Restaurant.

However, overall, the general ambience of the Hotel greatly outweighs these small niggles and enables me to relax, unwind and recharge in comfort – the very reason I take the occasional short break.

On this latest occasion, I found the reception staff very welcoming and helpful and I was pleased to discover they had allocated me a room with few steps leading to it as I had specifically requested beforehand due to my mobility problems.

The remainder of the staff, predominantly Eastern European, are pleasant enough and go about their tasks in an efficient manner but unfortunately most of them rarely smile in the process. If only they could add this string to their bow, the Hotel would take on a far happier atmosphere. I have to say, even the management in suits seem only to look ahead when moving around and rarely make eye contact with the guests. There is certainly room for improvement here.

I did manage to eventually communicate with one member of staff, Eliskas, who hails from the Czech Republic – a hard- working and very efficient young lady. It was hard work at first, but I got there in the end and felt quite pleased with this minor triumph!

Enjoyed my stay as usual and no doubt will return when next in the area and when, hopefully, I will make further conquests on the communication front!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TonyIOW2014

Dear TonyIOW2014,

Thank you for your recent review of the Abbey Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoy the general ambience of the hotel and are able to relax, unwind and recharge in comfort.

Our reception team were delighted that you found them helpful and welcoming, and that the room chosen for you met with your approval.

It is very important that the entire team here are friendly and able to communicate with our guests; so, I am sorry that you found it hard work to chat to some our staff. This and ensuring we are smiling is something we will work to improve on.

Many thanks for your review and we hope to see you soon.

Duncan Grey

Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Mount Pleasant Hotel
Great Malvern Hotel
Great Malvern Hotel
#8 of 10 in Malvern
The Cotford Hotel and l'Amuse Bouche Restaurant

Been to The Abbey Hotel? Share your experiences!