“Hidden gem in the Malverns”
Review of The Inn at Welland

The Inn at Welland
Reserve with OpenTable
The Inn at Welland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Malvern
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our family-run business is now firmly established as a destination dining country inn. We have created a relaxed and friendly ambiance in an eclectic interior, comfortable furnishings and an attention to detail throughout the Inn. Our ethos is simple, to deliver great quality classic food, sourcing fresh products locally. The same attention is applied to our drinks, carefully selected value for money wines from around the world, organic juices, local real ales & ciders and fabulous Nespresso coffee. When the weather is warm, enjoy lazy lunches or evening suppers in our terraced gardens, and in the evening or winter benefit from our outdoor fireplace, cosy wool blankets and our glazed veranda. Want something for a special occasion? Come and dine in private in our library for up to 12 people.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Having walked around Upton On Severn failing to find any where to eat as parking is restricted to one hour. We carried on towards Malvern and discovered The Inn at Welland.It was about 1.30 but we received a cordial welcome . Our table overlooked one side of the gardens which I expect would be superb on a lovely summers evening.
We had light lunches, soft drinks and coffee. Total bill £28 wonderful value.
The service was excellent and the decor wonderful, will certainly return.

There are newer reviews for The Inn at Welland

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We held my daughters 18th birthday dinner at The Inn, for 11 people. They couldn't have been more helpful. We had a private room which was an unexpected bonus. The decor is fresh and inviting. Pimms on the lawn on a sunny evening is the perfect way to start the celebrations. Followed by a lovely meal, well presented and couldn't fault it. Vegetarian menu limited. Staff and proprietors attentive and knowledgable. I can only go on how the evening was for us and it was perfect. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited on Sunday for Fathers Day lunch, having had a very good Sunday lunch here a few months ago. Unfortunately we were left slightly disappointed with the service and the seating. There was a lot of staff around but none of them seemed to be doing much. We only had 1 drink during the meal as no one came to check on us to see if we wanted any more and the service was generally slow. Our waitress had to go and check on several occasions with the kitchen before we could order as she was unsure what was available. The only people who seemed to know what they were doing was the owners who were very welcoming as usual. My biggest issue was the seating. The interior of the inn is very warm and welcoming but we were given a table with soft fabric chairs which had cushions on them. We believed these were for our backs, only to find out that they were to sit on as the chairs were in desperate need of re upholstering. I discovered that we were not the only table with this problem. This was a real issue for me as I have been suffering with a bad back for the past 2 months and after 2 hours in the inn, my back was suffering a lot. The food was generally very good, as usual, especially the deserts. However I ordered the lamb as my daughter had this on a previous visit and I was again disappointed as it was nowhere near as good as a few months ago and did not come with the trimmings that were listed on the menu (a very average meal).

I really hope this was a glitch and normal service will be resumed. We will go back and give it another go at some point.

2  Thank Rob K
Gillian P, Owner at The Inn at Welland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Rob K
Thank you for your review on TA regarding your lunch with us on Sunday. We are all obviously very disappointed to read about your negative experience. Fathers Day was incredibly busy for us and the staff ratios were increased to ensure customers expectations were met. We apologise that on this occasion you were unhappy with the service.

To respond to your comments regarding the seating, I was talking to the table adjacent to you at length about their chairs as they were asking me where I purchased them, as they were raving about how comfy they were, perhaps you misheard our conversation. The Inn is newly refurbished and I can honestly say none of our chairs are in 'desperate' need of re-upholstering. As a designer I am always itching to improve and change the furnishings and I was discussing recovering some chairs, but this is purely to continually update the décor and to indulge my passion. The chairs you and your family dined on are only six months old, high backed and fully upholstered in Moon wool fabric. All our chairs in the inn have additional cushions to enhance the levels of comfort whether for the back or to sit on. Many smaller ladies and children sit on them to adjust the height to suit. If you required an additional cushion for your back I would have been delighted to provide one. We also offer additional cushions on our garden furniture to enhance the alfresco dining experience.
On a Sunday we have a set lunch menu and as you were one of our early diners (12.30) I have no idea why there would be a need for a waitress to visit the kitchen several times before you could order unless you had specific dietary requirements for you or your children.

I apologise that you were unhappy with your lamb and wished you had brought this to our attention on the day. As we had high levels of staff on Sunday, David and I had more time to spend than usual talking with customers so we are disappointed that you did not bring any of your issues to our attention.

We are however, pleased to read that your underwhelming experience has not deterred you from returning again, please contact me prior so I can make a gesture of goodwill.

Regards

Gillian & David

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have always loved The Inn at Welland and having not visited for some time, it was comforting to know that nothing has changed! The staff are welcoming and attentive as always and the food excellent. Gillian and David continue to do a brilliant job! The outdoor seating area has been improved to offer even better alfresco dining! A superb venue for all seasons!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Visited for a family birthday in March. The service and food were both excellent. Really liked the decor and the atmosphere of the place. We will be back soon!

2  Thank NewLawnRangers