Foley Arms Hotel
US$147
US$142
US$118
US$146
Premier Inn Malvern Hotel(Malvern)(Great Value!)
US$100
PremierInn.com
US$146
Hotels.com
The Malvern(Malvern)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswetherspoons hotelusual wetherspoonsvalley roomvalley viewlong staycar parkfamily roombusy pubno liftstreet parkingthe sofa bedsunday nightsteep hillthe hotel receptionmalvern hillsbusy roadfantastic views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Malvern while visiting friends. We had a Valley room with fantastic views over the Severn Valley. The room was nicely furnished & the bed very comfy. We enjoyed a great value breakfast on the terrace in the sun. Would definitely stay again. Great value!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

1st and last time that I would stay here...woken up by bins being collected at 5am! Lady at the bar was very rude. I was told food would take 15 mins and took over an hour then barmaid denied she has told me that ! I was not the only person complaining!!! Room was ok but nothing special, would go back to the Abbey next year.

Room Tip: Rooms at front you get women by keg delivery at the back by the bins being collected
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Harmsworth2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed one night at this hotel. She had a very nice, large room with fantastic views of the countryside. Mine was at the front of the hotel, and there was some traffic noise. However, both rooms were very good. The bed was firm. We also had a nice meal downstairs in the bar. We were made to feel very welcome. I intend to stay there again, next time I am in the area. It was good value for money.

There was a problem with the online booking system, and we lost the room we wanted ( a triple), but the manager was superb and sorted out the issue to my satisfaction.

Room Tip: Try to get a room which overlooks the rear terrace as it is quieter and there is a fabulous view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have stayed here before several times and even in the same room. Admittedly it was fairly soon after it had been taken over by Wetherspoons and renovated.
I will never stay here again! General wear and tear is to be expected and forgiven but dirt is not! I'd be surprised if the carpet had seen a vacuum cleaner or a wet wipe around the surfaces. The bedside glasses hadn't been washed up from the last user! Also the menus, far from tempting you to eat, were covered in drink and food stains.
The bathroom was basic but not clean either. It must have got just a cursory wipe over but the hairs in the plug holes were so off putting that it just tempted you to look more carefully at everything else. The shower curtain was very stained and missing some links, just tatty and uncared for. There was a very unpleasant mark on the loo brush handle, could have been rust but, as I say, once you're alerted to dirt you start being more critical.
We did complain and the manager was apologetic but then why doesn't he sort out the problem before people have to complain?!
It was busy so maybe they don't feel that they have to bother overly much but how can the management display the pictures of the fine old establishment as it was and then not bother with basic health standards of today. It's a grand old building in a prime spot with great views so I guess it'll always have customers. The food is very basic pub food, I couldn't fault my baked potato but the salmon was insipid and tasteless. The banana and yoghurt in the tropical fruit salad were great but the melon was fizzy and going off.
That sums up the Foley really; some bits are great but the obvious bits that could be improved and made great aren't, such a shame. No wonder Lady Foley looks a bit grim in her picture!!
It may be reasonably priced but it's still not worth it!

Room Tip: If you have to stay then the back of the hotel has fabulous views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LindyLooe
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Previous occupants dirty socks were still under chair
Lipstick mark on water glass
Sash window only opened a few inches,room was very warm and stuffy
Soap dispenser in shower was empty
Room overlooked Main Street and was very noisy,we were not advised about this and if we had we would have reconsidered booking the room

Room Tip: Don't choose a room overlooking the main street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple