“Basic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malvern
Out to Grass Campground
“Basic”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Glam ping pods were fantastic, however websites says it has everything you need apart from food & towels. This is true to an extent. Our pod had 4 people, but only 2 sets of cutlery. There was decking but not chairs or tables to sit outside with BBQ or camp fire, the company's staff had all gone to a local festival and taken these with them. Not very good when there were 10 of us in total. Showers/toilets were not clean, but I suspect this was party due to the lack of staff due to them going to the festival.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Loved this place. We went glamping and our yurts were quirky and well kept. This place is a bit hippyish but that's all good for us, added to the friendly vibe and relaxed feel of the place. The people who run it a really helpful and did say if you have problem please tell us because if you don't we can't fix it however I didn't tell them of my one little complaint as they wouldn't of been able to magic up some more toilets during our stay and I didn't wanna come across ungrateful! Basically there's only 3 toilets on the whole site on which you can go for a number 2 in! And they're unisex! Basically no lady should have to put up with the sound and smell of fully grown blokes doing there business. It wouldn't be so bad if they were full length cubicles but nope. Also they are situated a few feet away in the same room as to were you wash your teeth in the sink which is a bit awkward and can course a bit of embarrassment. Maybe I'm being too prudish and this is normal for camp sites so like I say, despite this minor issue I highly recommend staying here to anyone, families, groups of mates, couples. Top place!

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This site had the vibe of a festival that had ended but everyone was too hungover to clear up. It's sloping a lot more than I expected from looking at the pictures which was a problem for me. The grass was also very long. However we were able to have a fire and there was plenty of wood delivered for £3. The toilets and showers were unisex which I didn't mind but on two mornings there was no hot water. We showered later about 11.00 and it was back on. They could do with putting some hooks on the front of the sink unit for towels and the roll of paper towel left on the side got wet a lot. The loo rolls also had no holders. There were nice decorations in there but really the basics need addressing. We were there for 4 nights and it seemed too long for me. Also the site was very wet and muddy due to horrendous down pours - the staff were trimming the hedges instead of adding more wood chips to the front of the toilet block which would have been more useful at the time. I was looking forward to my children being able to use the pool table - they liked it but the porta-cabin games room/kitchen was really stinky (stale tobacco) and the kitchen was dirty. One morning there was a large full pot of what looked like congealed oxtail stew. The fridge needed a good clean and some shelves would have been good. I couldn't get my freezer blocks in due to lots of bread rolls in there. The kitchen had a water heater for washing up - the outside pot washing area had no hot water. The site is in a lovely setting but just doesn't deliver on a practical level.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Coventry
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The campsite was easy to find, and Mal at the bar/reception was easy to find. Good selection of areas to camp in, some with electric hook up and even a few glamping pods if you fancy that! Campstew and marshmallows were very welcome after a long week - this is a great asset if you're shattered and too tired to cook on a Fri night. Bar is good, friendly and reasonably priced, with a lovely outdoor seating area. Good location to explore Hereford, Malvern and surrounding areas. We will be returning. Only down side is the toilet block could do with a little updating, but showers are warm and roomy.

Room Tip: Quiet area on the right at the back
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I went there with three of my friends in late June 2014.

Overall: Amazing!!

Staff: Friendly staff!!!There were some really cute dogs living in the campsite, we spent four hours playing with a dog called Rosie..She is really cute

great facilities:
1. Fire and wood: allow us set up our own fire at night, 5 pounds per box of wood (but it is better if you bring your own fire starter)
2. bar: However, it was closed when we went, because the campsite was empty
3. Outdoor seats & tables
4. clean toilet (two showers, three toilets), they clean it up regularly... Hot water, free shower
5. Pool table room (Common Room) :They have a pool table, However , that room is not very lit up, and its not a great place to chill...
5. place for putting up our tent, there are quite a lot of places to put up on tent, however, the places we pitched up the tent has loads of pumpssss. so it is not nice especially we didnt bring a sleeping mat

Location:
1. Far from a City centre...not close to Malven Hills, we have to drive to Malven hills..but in malven hills..there are supermarket that you can buy food from...
2. There is a cherry picking place really close to our campsite
3. There is a woodland close to the campsite, however, it is not an amazing walk because you have to walk on fields...and land that are not a public land
4. very beautiful field views...

It is a place that I will go back if I have time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The owner is very welcoming, upon arrival he was out on the farm or something, we rang him and then pitched up. Once pitched up he came round to us to introduce himself which I thought was nice. He took payment for our stay and showed us where things are such as showers ect. He offered us a box of fire wood logs for £5.00 and drizzled them in paraffin (we did have the option to do it ourselves from scratch but we where lazy).

The campsite dog, Rosie was no problem at all. came to say hi and then we just saw here pottering around playing with the kids on site.

This site has "Mals Bar" what appears to be a small hut with a large dome next to it which is actually a fully equipped bar and the dome is the dance hall. Very rave like and also has the works with the lights and lasers ect which I thought was cool.

The showers where clean and had temperature control.

The over all stay was very pleasant, ideal site for anyone really there were families and couples their and there were three of us. Very laid back all they ask is that you respect the neighbours :)

Disliked: I did feel the toilets could have been kept a little cleaner and more maintained as the seats were loose ect. but it was no major problem, I have stayed in worse at much higher prices.

I would like to add also that there are only two showers, we never had to queue though. There are also three toilet cubicles. I felt that a separate showers and toilets for men and women would have been better. Having said that they are fully private and in spacious cubicles. Again, that was no major bother for me but more of a suggestion

Honestly, my views here are totally true and any constructive criticism I have made is purely to hopefully see a fabulous site made even better. I will definitely be returning to this site cause I found it AMAZING.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malvern
Mount Pleasant Hotel
Premier Inn Malvern Hotel
The Malvern
The Malvern
#4 of 10 in Malvern

Been to Out to Grass Campground? Share your experiences!