“Don't go.”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Don't go.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My partner booked us a long weekend at Malvern Spa for our anniversary. He booked and paid for Champagne and flowers in our room. They weren't there. He rang reception, they said they would send them up. No apology! They did arrive 5 hours later!. = surprise ruined.

At dinner, we ordered a bottle of red wine to accompany our food, the waiter gave us the wrong wine! We pointed out it wasn't what we ordered, but we would have it anyway (it had been opened and he had poured a glass for us to taste). When we were half way thou our main course, the wine we had ordered arrived at the table. We told the waiter we had excepted the bottle that had initially came, even thou it was the wrong one.
We were then told we had to pay for both!! as we had ordered the second bottle in the beginning! .
The manager came over, and eventually agreed we only had to pay for the wrong bottle!!! grrr.
Hence to say, dinner was ruined :/

The facilities are good, it's clean and the treatments are great. The olive trees are stunning, the bath robes are luxurious. but the service is shocking, it's over priced to get something so simple, so wrong.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Wendy p
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern Spa, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Hello Wendy

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with your recent stay.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns and would be grateful if you would email your contact details to me for this purpose.

Laura Fish, Front of House Manager
laura.fish@themalvernspa.com

• Hungarian first
Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not quite there yet..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Malvern spa hotel with my partner as his company had booked us into stay here for a nearby event that evening. On arrival the receptionist could not find our booking which was embarrassing for her. When we arrived in the room, I took a shower then when my partner decided to have one after, there was no more hot water! As we were in a rush, we left to our event. We heard that a lot of people we were with at the spa, were suffering this water issue.
Whilst the bed was lovely and the reception staff pleasant, it wouldn't kill the breakfast staff to crack a smile! Overall I felt very let down with this hotel, it has the potential to be absolutely wonderful but there are still a number of factors that let it down. I

Visited December 2013
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern Spa, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for your review although I am sorry to learn you were let down by your recent stay with us.

Although not an excuse, we have had a number of new reception staff recently and this may be why there was difficulty in locating your booking.

We are aware there was a technical difficulty causing cooler water during your stay. This was reported to us at the time and following investigation this was then resolved. However, I can understand your frustration at not being able to both shower before going out.

Your feedback regarding staff and service has been shared with the teams. It is most unusual to receive this feedback and I am sorry this added to your poor perception of the hotel.

It is clear you did not experience our usual high level of service and standards but I hope you will return when I am positive you will enjoy a much better experience.

Lynsey Kettlewell, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awful experience! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last weekend for a nice relaxing break but I'm afraid it was anything but! We woke up at about 1am as our room was freezing cold and didn't sleep again! There was evidently something wrong with the heating but when we called reception they had given out all the additional heaters and had no blankets so we were left to shiver in our room until morning. What sort of hotel wouldn't even have extra blankets?!! We were only offered a free cooked breakfast (which would have cost £5) and they waived the £20 upgrade fee- the manager promised to follow up and contact us but as soon as we were out the door we have heard NOTHING! Awful customer service we would have had a more relaxing time staying at home. What sort of hotel treats their customers like this!! Completely ripped us off!! wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!

3 Thank 30soph
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern Spa, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Hello there

I am saddened to read you review on Trip Advisor as I felt we had resolved the situation at check out.

By way of apology for the inconvenience caused to you, I offered a complimentary late check out, complimentary use of the facilities after check out , complimentary breakfast, a waiver of the upgrade fee and also assured you if a return trip was made, I would personally ensure you were looked after.

I have tried to call you on a number of occasions since your departure but have not been able to obtain a reply. I also gave you my card with my phone number and advised you could call me at any times with any concerns. It is a shame you have used this forum, to express your feelings rather than doing this.

I will try and contact you again so we can discuss the situation further.

Gordon Reeves, Operations Manager
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“All we expected and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

My boyfriend booked two nights at The Malvern Spa for my 30th Birthday and it was amazing! We stayed in room 201 which is on the second floor at the end of the corridor giving you amazing views of the Malvern Hills. The room was bright and clean and didn't have that musty smell that you get with a lot of hotel rooms. The shower was lovely with plenty of fresh towels and robes available and the tea and coffee tray was well stocked throughout our stay. We didn't book any treatments so can not comment on those but we spent so much time using the spa and gym facilities we didn't have a chance. The pool was amazing especially at night and the water was like a hot bath. They have many saunas and steam rooms but our favourite was the crystal steam room with its mood lighting it was truly relaxing. The pool side loungers did become busy during the day with day spa users but on the two evenings we stayed we had to pool to ourselves most of the time. The gym is a good size and well equipped we didn't have a problem getting on the equipment even at peak times. The restaurant menu is limited and we ended up driving in Great Malvern and dining at Ask. Next door is a business park and not an industrial estate as some reviews have stated and there is a costa, morrisons with a restaurant and a few high street shops.

Visited October 2013
MalvernMalvern, Manager at The Malvern Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hi Kelly

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am delighted you had a great Birthday with us and that you enjoyed all of the facilities so much. It is a shame you didn't have a meal with us as I'm sure you would not have been disappointed!

I hope you will both come back and stay with us again soon.

Lynsey Kettlewell, General Manager
worcestershire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Saturday Spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Sometimes web sites photos leave you expecting a little more than you get, not so here. The Malvern lived up to expectations in every way, and superior in facilities and services to other spas visited in recent years. The service was delightful, particularly rec. the life saving back treatment. I will be a repeat customer.