“Heaven in a haven of peace....”

The Manor Coach House
Ranked #1 of 28 Worcester B&B and Inns
Calne, United Kingdom
“Heaven in a haven of peace....”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

What an amazing B & B this is......I found it quite by chance a few weeks ago, as I was travelling around Worcester.
I had been staying in the area for over two years on a weekly basis and needed a change of venue, I was driving past and rang to ask prices etc and was invited by Sylvia to pop in and look around.
What a lovely lady she is, down to earth and so friendly, she showed me all of the 5 rooms that are there....every room is beautifully and individually decorated - spotlessly clean and tidy. The White Company shower gel and soap in the bathroom epitomises the fact that here they 'care' about their guests.
While I was looking around I met Sylvia's husband Terry, he offerd me an ice-cream, as it was such a lovely day.
I have now stayed here a couple of times and have given Sylvia bookings to Xmas - I must say I look forward to the welcome from both Sylvia and Terry and wish I had found them a long time ago. I have been staying in room 1 which has a seating area with a full sized fridge and a microwave, so beneficial when you are away from home, as I can take my own food.
The breakfast is an absolute feast - there is so much choice, you are truly spoilt - my mouth waters at the thought.
I can honestly say that I woud stay here with my husband for social reasons more than happily and would highly recommend to anyone..... It is very reasonably priced, given what is on offer.

Thank you Syliva and Terry and your staff for making me so very welcome....excellent hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just spent two nights at the Manor Coach House. Second visit, just as good as the first.,We had the same room as last time room 5 which has it's own lounge area. The food is outstanding Sylvia and Terry are so friendly, what a lovely peaceful place to stay with plenty of outside garden space.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Epsom, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay at The Manor Coach House. We booked the whole place for a family get-together and it was perfect. Sylvia and Terry really do go the extra mile to make sure everyone is comfortable, and the rooms are really well-appointed. My mother has mobility problems and Room 3 was perfect for her and my father. On our arrival Sylvia brought out pots of tea, coffees, and lovely homemade cakes and we sat in the courtyard and enjoyed a superb afternoon tea. We ended up spending a lot of time socialising in the garden - the location was very peaceful and we felt very much at home as Sylvia and Terry were so welcoming.
The breakfast was the best for both quality and variety I have had for a very long time, including some 5* hotels. We will definitely be booking a return visit!

Room Tip: Room 3 for mobility impaired; Room 1 has a fridge, sink, microwave and crockery - useful for limite...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My partner and I have just returned home after an overnight stay at The Manor Coach House and it was fantastic. We were fortunate enough to see three of the rooms all of which were beautiful and so individual. Sylvia delivers a masterclass in hospitality and its genuine, what a lovely lady and so very helpful. The rooms, garden and breakfast are unsurpassed.We had spent the previous three nights travelling around Wales and stayed at some excellent hotels and b&b accomodation but this venue outclassed them all.
We were greeted with tea and homemade cake, given a tour of the premises and Sylvia booked an evening meal at a local pub for us where we had a very tasty meal at a reasonable price.All in all a fantastic place to stay and relax, we shall return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, England
Reviewed 5 August 2013

What can one say that hasn't already been said? Don't come here expecting to lose weight - the (world's best?) breakfast meant that we could hardly eat a thing for the rest of the day! The kind and thoughtful owners (Terry & Sylvia) bring personal levels of care and comfort way above all expectation!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Just got back from a lovely stay at the manor coach house. The accommodation was great....the breakfast (more than full!) was tasty - but it is Sylvia and terry that make it perfect - even letting our son play with their grand children's toys! Will definitely go back!
Amy and karl - Nottingham

Room Tip: We stayed in room one - perfect for families.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013

If you're ever in the Worcester area you must try the Manor Coach House B&B. In fact, go there anyway and sample this little gem of a place.
Sylvia and Terry were perfect hosts. The rooms are set around a quaint courtyard style area in a tranquil setting. The whole place was clean and sparkling, the beds comfy, the showers worked, and the breakfast, well.....
Our family, a party of 12 consisting of seven adults and five children, thought it was fantastic. In addition to the traditional full English there was a huge selection of other things to choose from, including fresh fruit (cherries and apricots besides the usual), cereals, jam, cheese, nibbly bits like nuts and dried fruits, there was even a dish of chocolate buttons for the kids who couldn't take their cereal plain and simple. And our grandchildren's eyes virtually popped at the sight of the plate of Danish pastries and doughnuts!
Terry and Sylvia were so helpful, to the extent that when we said we needed to book a taxi to take us to the local pub where we'd planned a celebration evening meal, they insisted on taking us and bringing us back themselves, while the rest of our party walked the mile or two, allowing all the adults to have a drink if they wished.
All in all, we couldn't fault this lovely little place. DO try it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple