“Watch Your Step !”
Review of Fownes Hotel

Fownes Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Shortly after arriving at the Hotel my wife slipped on some bird excrement under a tree on the paving outside the Hotel.
This was at 1pm on Thursday, she bruised herself and marked her clothing. We reported the incident to reception who told us they'd clear it up. (The pavement not my wife or her clothing)
They didn't so the next morning we reported it again the receptionist even came out to have a look. It was still there when we left the hotel at about 1pm.
Now over 48 hours later she's still in pain.
I have photographs of the mess taken 24 hours apart but I'm sure you don't need me to upload them.
The room was OK but not much ventilation the window would only open a crack. There were no toiletries provided but they were after we asked about them.
It was a job to tell which was which as they were both identical in colour poor quality and the labels barely legible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Although my wedding was 6 years ago, I still love this place and have booked us in for our anniversary. We had a wonderful time, we had excellent service from start to finish... we felt like royalty. They still have the same chef, and he is brilliant. I know the hotel is a little threadbare in places, and some of the staff lack the necessary training, but it us a lovely place. I grew up near to here,where it was just an old building with no Windows.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stay at the Fownes quite a bit as my family live in Worcester. The rooms are hit and miss, some are great and others a nightmare. When you book make sure you ask for a room away from the extraction system of the kitchen which will drive you mad unless you love the sound of a jet engine whining away endlessly whilst you try and relax. Also watch the parking make sure you sign into their system or you will get a £100 fine through the post.

Location is great and the access to Worcester city center could not be improved on.

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms near the kitchen extraction system
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Having visited this hotel now 6/7 times I don't mind returning as I know what to expect.

The staff are friendly and happy to help. There is a member of staff on the reception all day and a door man at night.

The cleaners do a great job and make your bed, clean and refill your tea coffee and biscuits everyday.

The breakfast is good with a choice of cooked food, cereal, fruit, yoghurt and toast. I have never had a problem with the breakfast and it is alway sufficient to last till lunch.

Dinner - I have only eaten one meal at the restaurant here I usually choose one of the many local places in town to eat. The food was okay but slightly over priced for what you got when there is better value just a 5/10 minute walk into town.

I will continue to return to this hotel for its practicality, staff friendliness, room standards and location for when I visit Worcester.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JadeO90
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just come back from a two night stay at the Fownes Hotel in Worcester.
My wife and I enjoyed our stay in the Fownes which is a converted Glove Factory from Victorian Times. Lovely old building and great staff who looked after us very well during our stay.
The breakfast both mornings was excellent and staff very helpful.
We got a great deal which included dinner on the first night which again was excellent but very few guests having dinner so the dinning room was quiet.
Large bedroom with en-suite bathroom with a Bath! Lots of towels and room clean, 32" LED TV with DVD player so bring DVD,s for the kids.
We saw a couple with a big Dog so speak to them direct if you want to bring your DOG.
The place was refurbished a few years ago and some parts are looking a little worn with a IRON burn mark on the carpet but it is an old building with FREE PARKING in a Great location with Great staff!!!!
Check out the Fownes Website to see the easter offers and go visit the beautiful city of Worcester.
The Cathedral is simply stunning with a crypt and one thousand years of history ( Give or take a hundred years) walking along the canal where it meets the River Seven in the sunshine is glorious.
This Hotel would also make a great venue for a wedding as it has a great function room and offers a good value wedding package.
Loved every minute of our stay in Worcester and the Fownes Hotel so thank you too all the staff from Damien and Sarah

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the car park away from the main road and slept very well. Room was clean...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Receptionist who booked us in clearly wanted to be somewhere else. Room very basic and only 2 towels - I mean no hand towels at all just 2bath towels. Phone would not work to ring room service or reception. Breakfast ok but egg was like eating a plastic one and baked beans looked like they had been there for hours. Signs suggest a gym but there isn't one. At least parking is free. It's close to city centre. Cleaning needs improvement as well.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights, think the cleaners need some lessons in cleaning in some parts, walked down the stairs to green library room , the dado rail was thick of dust.I wantedto keep my room for extra hour was charged twenty pounds (what a rip off

• Stayed: March 2014