All reviews glove factory buffet breakfast plenty of hot water few minutes walk visiting worcester stayed one night lovely room worcester city centre cathedral pubs
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

A great hotel and lovely room. We were upģraded to the chippendale suite which was huge. The bathroom was big but exceedingly hot as there wasn't a switch to turn the towel rail off. There was a Jacuzzi bath too but we didnt get to try that ax wasnt there long enough! Was also quiet considering we were right at the front of the building, by the entrance. Staff really helpful. Would definately stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BPaxton75
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I loved this hotel, my room was a great size and very clean. It had everything I needed to ensure I had a comfortable sleep. I had dinner in the restaurant and my meal was really lovely and hot.
Every member of staff were genuinely interested and made a lot of effort in chatting with me.
Breakfast was excellent and again had everything I wanted.
I have worked in hotels for 35 years and I think this hotel has both character and comfort.
The main town is a short walk away.
I will absolutely be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MandaScotland
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Stayed here to attend the Ladies Cricket at Worcester. The building itself is beautiful, and we were allowed to park the car all day prior to an evening check in (for a small fee) The room itself was quite small it only 1 side table. The windows were high so didn't have a view at all apart from the tops of trees! The room itself was a bit tired, and although the bathroom was large it again was tired and even on a hot June day the towel rail was on making the bathroom like a steam room. Breakfast was tasty, hot and the usual full English fayre, but the drinks machine was broken and the staff struggled to deliver hot drinks, and then there were no milk jugs available, so had to return to buffet for milk. Having said that the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

This is a dreadful hotel, to be avoided. Stayed 2 nights early June, warm weekend and room was a heat trap. Small and noisy fan didn’t really help. White(!) curtains let light in at 5 am, before that external bar/ club noise until 2 am.

Worst of all, mattress was rock hard, think Uni hall of residence c. 1970s. Wound up with horrible back ache, never had this before from hotel. Could barely move after.

Hotel management is clearly after bottom line with cheap furnishings and does not care about guest comfort. Seriously regret staying here. Not cheap either.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank robatleyland
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night for our first visit to Worcester. The building has a fascinating history and lots of local connections. However, it is in dire need of a facelift internally. Our room was basic and functional but no real feeling of comfort or luxury. The weather was cool but there was no way of putting on the heating which would have been nice. The bathroom was old and shabby with a hairdryer on the wall which had failed its safety test, yet for some reason had not bern removed. The carpet througout was dusty and faded round the edges. Bed was very comfortable and we slept well. This and the chatty friendly receptionist were the saving graces for this hotel. Breakfast was an unwelcoming experience in a large chilly room.
This hotel could be amazing and at one stage, probably 20 years ago, it would have been considered boutique. I'd love to visit again when they've refurbished. It's an ideal location for spending the night in Worcester.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple