“Lovely pub, lovely food”
Review of Ye Olde Talbot

Ye Olde Talbot
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Been here several times as live nearby, it is perfect for a pre-film drink as it is opposite the cinema or perfect to start/end your night out. Have been here for food many times and it is always good service and high quality food. Prices are good and the landlords choice ale is great.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about the Ye Olde Talbot Hotel

I will pass all your kind comments onto the staff as they will be pleased to hear your feedback and we hope to welcome you back very soon.
Richard and the team.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Our 2 day stay hear was fine. The hotel is not exceptional but is very well situated near to the cathedral, pubs, restaurants and shops. The room and the bed were clean and comfortable but the bathroom was in need of some maintenance.
The staff were friendly and helpful. I left a pair of spectacles behind and they were posted back to me by return.
The breakfast was excellent

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to leave your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Another wonderful Old English Inn, right in the heart of beautiful Worester. Opposite the wonderful Cathedral, close the the Commandary, and all local attractions and shopping centre.
A special £14.95 pppn deal. We had a lovely double room, very nicely decorated, lovely large bathroom. All facilities, free wi fi.
Excellent breakfast, choices first class. Bar meals are excellent and very good value. Room service no extra charge.
Fantastically charming, helpful and polite staff.
Cannot find fault. Highly recommended. Wonderful place to stay and enjoy Worcester and the surrounding area.

1  Thank gillian s
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Ideally situated in the city centre. Everywhere is walkable. This is an old 13th century coaching inn and the layout is a little quirky which adds to its charm.
If you want the Ritz don't stay here, but in terms of value for money it is difficult to beat. I stayed in a single room on a Sunday night for £35 including a very good breakfast. It's on the corner of two roads so obviously a bit of traffic noise early in the morning.
Rooms are nicely decorated and the bar and bar food are good. Discount at the NCP car park which is next door. All-in-all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I stayed in Ye Olde Talbot for 3 nights whilst I was in Worcester on business. I really only needed a room to sleep, but chose Ye Olde Talbot as, although it was a little more pricey than the other chains nearby, I hoped it would have a bit more charm - a nice bar to have a drink in the evening.

I was very pleased that I did choose to stay here as the bar is quite cosy and pleasant to sit in, as is the area where the breakfast was served in the morning.

I stayed in a single room on my first night (no doubles available when I booked) and a double room for the remaining 2 nights. The single room was small, but functional and had a bathroom with bath and shower, and a flat screen tv.

The double room was much larger and again was very pleasant. Both rooms faced onto the street but I didn't have any problems at all with noise (although a colleague was woken up early).

All in all, Ye Olde Talbot represented excellent value for money for me, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank-you for your recent review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 11 March 2013

My first trip ever to Worrcester was on business and followed on from a long day on the south coast.

Despite ringing ahead, my 2am arrival time wasobviously a psychological challenge to the staff who explained that there was no-one awake in the hotel overnight. I had to ring a landline number on arrrival to gain access. My passing thought was that if there was a fire, that the associated alarm would hopefully rouse some help, even if it was pyjama clad.

The reception at that time of night was cursary to say the least. We were passed keys and directed to the adjacent NCP to park, being advised it was 24 hour. I discovered the co-ordination for reversing down a multi storey doesnt improve with increasing tiredness, and that unusual hours are clearly not a strong point.

Attention to detail didnt improve at breakfast. When we arrived 6 tables were uncleared, and the other five were occupied.... fiour clearly with business clientele. The one waitress struggled to bring tea and toast within 15 minutes.

On the plus side the location was beautiful, and the decor had a pleasing "designed" feel. It felt like it should be an excellent place for a good old fashioned break with a hint of luxury. Instead, the short staffing, made it feel like a travel lodge in listed a building.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you for leaving your feedback about your recent stay at the Ye Olde Talbot .
We sadly do not have somebody on reception 24 hours a day so after 11:30pm to 6:30am we divert the phone line to the out of hours phone that a duty manager answers if rang.
Im very sorry the n.c.p car park was not open for you as I did advise you could also park on the street overnight if there was a problem and I was not aware you had a problem as I was helping the person you were with carry luggage to your room.
Im very sorry breakfast was not up to your standard I will look to put more staff on breakfast in future.
Thank for the feedback and I will use on areas that I need to improve on .

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I stayed here for two nights whilst on business in Birmingham and was on a very good deal. I had a single room which was nicely presented and had tea and coffee making facilities and a flat screen tv. The bathroom had both a shower and a bath and although I only used the shower it was nice to have the option. I have to say the shower was brilliant, it was hot and powerful. Because I was in the old part of the building it had lots of character and my bedroom floor did slope a little which didn't cause any problems apart from making you feel like you may have had one too many to drink in the bar. The bed was comfortable and having a menu in the room was good so you could see what was on offer. I ate out one night as there are plenty of restaurants around including pizza express and nandos, I also ate in one night and the food was nice and very good value. The breakfast was superb with cereal, pastries fresh fruit and a cooked breakfast on offer and the hot chocolate was lovely. The staff were polite and welcoming. The only downside was that my room was above the bar and so was noisy until after closing time, it was also a room other guests walked passed when they came up from the bar so that created some noise too. I was tired after along day so it did disturb me, but not enough to put me off going back. You do have to pay for parking in the NCP car park but you get a discount if you get your ticket stamped at reception so I think it makes it about £6 a night which isn't bad.

Room Tip: maybe ask for a room away from the bar if you want some peace and quiet.