All reviews friar street the pub ncp car park old building kippers bed was comfortable full english city centre breakfast was excellent evening meal couple of nights yogurt cathedral nigel pubs ale tlc
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Once again Richard and his hard working staff surpassed my expectations! This friendly and welcoming Hotel is the only one in for Worcester for me. I have stayed in other Hotels in Worcester and none have matched the Talbot's friendliness, choice of food and value for money. It's central location opposite the Cathedral is perfect for exploring this charming City. The rooms have all the facilities a traveller needs and the beds are large and the most comfortable I have ever had the pleasure to sleep in. The restaurant has an excellent choice of themed evenings and the food is of a high standard. The bar is a great place to chill out and the staff are always on the ball. There is a great choice of fruit, cereals, pastries and juices for breakfast or if a bit more of a heartier eater, there is a good selection on the menu.
I will always come back to the Ye Olde Talbot. Keep up the good work Richard!

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback about the Ye Olde Talbot hotel

I will pass your comments onto my team as they will be pleased to read them.
Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Richard and the Team

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I spent two extremely enjoyable nights at Ye Olde Talbot over Easter. From the moment I walked into reception I knew I was going to enjoy my stay. Sophie greeted me and explained about the parking arrangements.My room was in the 14th century part of the hotel which once belonged to the Cathedral. I just loved the wonky uneven floors in my room and the way the dressing table slanted at a jaunty angle. Genuine oak beams and original features all added to the charm. Ideally situated opposite the Cathedral and only a couple of minutes walk from a large shopping centre. Peaceful despite being so close to the centre. The breakfast met the usual high standard I have come to expect from Old English Inns. I will certainly return in the future and hope to stay longer as the hotel, staff and location ticked all my boxes.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank-you for your comments we are glad you enjoyed the features that make us proud to be an Olde English Inn, we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were made to wait for what seemed like ages at reception after pressing the buzzer several times and being ignored.We were given room 6.Finding the room was like entering a rabbit warren,but I understand the hotel is old and quirky.The room was rather drab and dated...the furniture looks like it's been there since the 13th century! That said it looked tidy enough.Bathroom is quite big and seems cleanish although bath looks a bit grubby but that may be because it's old and used.Service at the bar was appalling..we left to go to another pub but unfortunately came back for dinner.The waitress was embarrassingly rude,obnoxious,had a terrible attitude and unhelpful.I understand they are badly understaffed but as a paying customer that is not my problem.The second waitress was however very friendly and I wished she had served us from the start.

1  Thank Bonkers76
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for leaving your feedback about your recent stay .
First of all let me apologise for your very disappointing stay its not what I have come to expect from my team.
I am taking the necessary action to rectify the problems you received as I never want anybody to experience what you did.
Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Situated at the Cathedral end of the main street, the hotel is certainly Ye Olde, room was ok and warm but the bathroom needed some bleach as there was mould behind the bath taps.
Nothing usualy wakes me, however the bins being emptied at about 6am was so noisy they did!
I expected some road noise as per it's location but this was a bit much!
Breakfast was good. Overall, value for money accomodation. Parking is in the public multistorey next door and a discount was applied by the hotel making it only about £6 per night.

Room tip: Get a room not facing the road
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Ye Olde Talbot, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank-you for taking the time to leave a review we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 4 April 2013

The Old Talbot is a really good hotel, food and service was great but is noisy from about 6am.
Apart from this minor problem we had a great stay.The location was excellent, right opposite the Cathedral and with walking distance of the city centre.

Room tip: Excellent Hotel and location. Parking is a bit of a problem and early morning traffic noise wakes you at about 6am, but that is nothing the hotel can do about . Staff and food brilliant, some rooms can be on the sall side but we had a fairly large one on Friar Street side. If you are a light sleeper then perhaps this hotel is not for you. Or you could invest in some earplugs and have a great time.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank-you for your comments I will pass them onto all the team. We hope you will choose us again for your next visit to Worcester