“Mixed evening at Bindles”
Review of Bindles Brasserie - CLOSED

Bindles Brasserie
Price range: US$13 - US$55
Cuisines: European, British, French, Bar, Mediterranean, Pub, Fusion
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Mixed evening at Bindles”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

After reading the reviews for Bindles our group was really looking forward to our meal there. It was a busy Saturday night and the atmosphere was good, really buzzing, the staff were very friendly and attentive. Unfortunately, the food didn't quite live up to expectation. The squid starter was a little light on the squid, which could also have done with a little more cooking (it still had that translucent look to it when it arrived at the table). My husband had the chicken rillette - but it bore little resemblance to rillette - it was more like chopped chicken pieces. The mains were great - the rib-eye steak and the belly pork were both very tasty (although apparently the blue cheese sauce could have done with a little more cheese - but i guess that's a personal taste thing). We also ordered Bindles fries which arrived without the dips - when we asked for the dips we got one of them but the garlic dip never made an appearance. My dessert was great (banana tarte tatin) but my fellow diners were a little underwhelmed with theirs (especially the ice-cream cornet selection). Apart from that, the decor was pleasant - the only small problem was the lack of loo paper in one of the toilets for most of the evening. All in all, low points and high points...For atmosphere a good spot, but I'd go elsewhere for the food.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank TAMember021620123

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Sublime”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were staying in Worcester for the weekend and wanted a nice meal on Saturday evening, I am gluten intolerent so asked, they said that I could have most of their menu so we booked. A geat evening ensued, we had drinks on arrival, the staff had makred up a menu for me with all the items I could have AND SOME WITHOUT THE BREAD ELEMENT (stupid me did not take any of my gluten free with me) we had 3 courses (usually dessert is a problem) the staff and service were top notch, the food was excellent, we also had top class service from all the staff. THe slow cooked belly port was flavoursome but the syallbub was the best I had ever tasted. All in all a great evening, and when next in the area will book again.
The decor and ambience for me could not be bettered. I hope they have much success and are there for a long time.

1 Thank Ve L
“Much improved!”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I had been prior to the new ownership and it did not live up to expectation. I have now been twice since it's renaming of "Bindles". New decor is good, much more welcoming. Food selection ok, but good quality. Reasonably priced with a nice selection of spirits. Try the cocktails!

Bromsgrove, UK
“More please - in more ways than one!”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Previous reviews have got it right - a super place, nice and relaxed, friendly, good service, great food, well laid out. Took Mum for Mother's Day and the set menu was small but well chosen. We were also well looked after when they saw we had a wheelchair among us. Service was good and I'd have probably given a full 5 stars if it hadn't been for two tiny things: (i) I know it's relaxed and I don't expect uniforms, but one waitress was spectacularly scruffy - just spoiled the vibe a little bit - if you're going to have them wearing black, don't let one lass come in with her hair a mess and her white t-shirt hanging out. (ii) Portion size - understand it's the tastes that one goes for, and the portions weren't miniscule, but for the amount paid they were not generous. I would certainly recommend it, and will go back to try the a la carte.

1 Thank W0rcesterW0man
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great Sunday brunch. We'll definitely be back.”
Reviewed 25 March 2012 via mobile

Excellent Sunday brunch. Varied menu from 'conventional breakfast' to more interesting alternatives to traditional Sunday lunch. A must if you are looking for good food and excellent service on a Sunday morning/lunchtime and maybe a glass of something sparkling.