“Excellent”

Cuisines: European, Bar, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Went as a party of 10. Even though there were a lot of us the service and food was excellent. Cocktails are fab too!

1  Thank ljfWorcester

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Service not up to scratch - slow and inefficient

Food was tasteless - menu as a whole was so very uncreative and general in its approach to meal options avalible. Simple food if absolutely fine if it is excercuted to a high standard, however this was not achieved and all of our meals resulted in being disappointing and lacking in flavour.

Yet again another below-average and disappointing restaurant in Worcester; Incapable of achieving the high standards needed in order to remain successful - Boring.

1  Thank Aimeevga17
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We've recently purchased a second property in the new Diglis development. Bindles is a great place to eat, excellent food, service, ambience - eaten there a number of times now and we love it. Victoria and her team always make us welcome.

2  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I was looking for somewhere to have a meal for my hen do one Saturday night in June. I did the rounds in town enquiring about group bookings, looking at menus etc and Bindles seemed to fit the bill. They could accommodate a large group on a Saturday night (it's surprising how many places wouldn't!), the restaurant was clean, tidy and presentable and there was plenty of space upstairs for my planned group of 15-20 people. I'd also heard good reviews from friends that have been before. My details were taken and my booking put in the diary.

Unfortunately that's where the positives end! I was told that as we would be a large group they would give us a reduced menu to fit a particular budget. Completely understandable, especially for a Saturday night, and I was happy with that. I was told that their internet was currently down, but in a couple of days I would receive an e-mail with said menu on. If the internet wasn't back up and running I should expect a phonecall instead.

I didn't hear anything but gave them the benefit of the doubt. After about 9 days I rang just to check that they'd not forgotten or lost my reservation. I was informed that I'd not been forgotten about and the chef had been on annual leave and hadn't got round to doing the party menu, but I would receive it in the next couple of days. I waited another two weeks without hearing anything. My chief bridesmaid then rang up explaining we were waiting for a menu, had received no communication whatsoever and that it was getting close to the date. She left an answerphone message asking for contact back, but received none.

At this point it was getting quite close to the date booked. It had been approximately 5 weeks from my initial visit and I'd not heard a single thing. I decided to vote with my feet and cancel the booking.

When I rang to cancel I didn't get questioned why I was cancelling a large group booking quite close to the date - it was as if they weren't bothered to lose us as customers. We went elsewhere and had a fabulous time, and unfortunately due to the severe lack of communication with this booking Bindles lost out on several hundreds of pounds worth of takings that night.

I honestly don't know what went wrong but it's put me off ever going there again.

5  Thank Clevs78
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a meal here on Saturday. Whilst the ambience is still spot on and staff efficient and attentive we were very disappointed with the choice of meals etc. Seems to have become more of a basic Bistro offering sandwiches etc but a very limited range of main meals - No fish especially - unless you are after the battered variety with chips. Also the menu offered was spring/autumn 2013 !!!.
Think they could do with updating the menu
Sorry Bindles, expected so much more