“Excellent clean and friendly”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
“Excellent clean and friendly”
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Used this as a business stop for 3 nights last week. Friendly staff, very clean and excellent facilities. Room was spacious with good views and comfy bed!

Breakfast was lovely which caters for all. Great place to explore the area and centre. Only gripe was the weather as the room was warm but thankful for the nice weather! Seagulls are an issue but they seem to take a shine to silver cars but there is a car wash round the corner so not a big issue. Overall the hotel was one of the nicest I've stopped in and all the staff are helpful.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Haydn P
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit - I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay finding the facilities to a high standard and the staff to be friendly and helpful. As you say the hotel is ideally located in the city centre and is also ideal for exploring the surrounding areas. I hope that I have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We planned to visit family in Worcester and looked at this hotel on the internet it looked very nice and the price seemed reasonable.
We were not disappointed, the room was a nice size and clean, staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good.
Location was spot on.
The car park isn't very big and you have to pay £5 a day to park there I would say that is the only negative but parking is at a premium in Worcester.
I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
I was delighted to read your review and am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay - I will certainly pass you compliments onto the team. As you say our car park facilities are limited but there are a number of spaces that can be pre booked by residents in order to guarantee a space. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This is another hotel that I and my colleagues use a lot for business. Very good location, right in the heart of Worcester city centre with plenty of activities nearby and overall the rooms and hotel are perfectly decent for business or pleasure.

I have only two gripes to warn prospective guests - the first are the blinking seagulls, which don't seem to blight every visit but when they are bad they are really bad, sqwarking away outside your window and giving your car an off white respray. Not the hotels fault of course but rather annoying. The second is that in my opinion the car park is too small; very often I have to park elsewhere as spaces are taken up by gym club members - if you can't find a spot be patient as the members come and go frequently.

Otherwise this remains my favourite hotel in Worcester.

Room Tip: Check the window - if there's a gull outside it then run :)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
I was delighted to read that the Worcester Whitehouse Hotel is your favourite place to stay in the city and will certainly let hte team here know. I note however, your comments regarding the seagulls and car parking facilities, unfortunately both of which are somewhat out of my control. The local council have a long term action plan to reduce the number of gulls in the city in a humane way and in fact there has been a noticable decline this year. The number of spaces in our car park is limited and we do forewarn guests of this prior to arrival. As you say however, spaces do become available as and when residents, conference delegates and health club members leave so it is rare that these facilities are unavailable for residents.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed here for one night following a wedding at the hotel. Our room was spacious, clean and felt welcoming. Reception staff were very helpful. Breakfast was fairly extensive and tasty.
The only thing I felt slightly disappointed by was the housekeeping staff coming into the room without knocking.
Otherwise a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay but apologise if it was slightly marred by the service received by the housekeeping team. Please be assured that I have spoken to the Head Housekeeper to ensure there is not a recurrence of this nature.
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2012

When we planned our visit to Worcester little did I know that I would be doing so with a broken arm! The thoughtfulness of the Food Service Supervisor, Michael Lupino, really made my stay. He saw my predicament when I came into the restaurant for breakfast and came straight over to ask if he could collect my breakfast for me, freeing my husband up to get his own food. When I explained I could only eat with the one hand Michael told me he would cut up my food for me with pleasure - since I had my accident this is the only time I have been offered such service! The rest of the hotel was excellent - we had a luxury room with plenty of added extras! Lovely sports facilities - sadly not for me on this visit but I will return! Good central location makes this hotel a winner.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a luxury room - money well spent!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
I was delighted to read your comments about your recent stay, in particular about the high levels of customer care you received from Michael who is indeed, an asset to our team. I will certainly advise him of your compliments. I hope you have fully recovered from your broken arm and I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed for 3 nights over a bank holiday weekend. The website does not mention this but when I called up, it turns out that they have a large family room with a king size double and two single beds, which was perfect for us family of four. The rates were so good that I was slightly sceptical about it, but the room was large, comfortable and quiet, staff were friendly, and the pool was a lovely bonus for the kids. We were travelling by train, so the proximity to the station (as well as to the pedestrianised area of the town) was fantastic - only two stops to Malvern. Overall a very pleasant stay, we'll be back if we're visiting the area again. (Can't comment on the restaurant as we did not eat lunch or dinner there, but there are plenty of options in the area.)

Room Tip: They have a large family room with a double + 2 singles, great for family
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and hope to have the oportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Having just returned from this hotel,I thought my experience of the hotel may be of use.
The hotel is cosy and comfortable despite its age. The rooms are clean and warm,decor is "OK"
We stayed in a standard double room,which was on first floor at rear of Hotel which had all we needed ,even a setee and coffee table for relaxing. The main problem with this place is the car parking charge,"which we managed to get back", and the constant seagull attacks on the cars parked. After 3 nights my nice shiney car looked like a dung heap !!
Hotel very central for town sights and nightlife. Breakfast was very good, and Michael the food services Supervisor went out of his way to get to know all of our group,and had all of our drinks requirement of to a tee,ready at the breakfast table.
We ate in the restaurant only one night, the food was very average.....service was fine.

Room Tip: second floor rear of hotel,quieter
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
I was pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay however, I apologise if it was somewhat marred by the presence of seagulls in the city which I am sure you can appreciate is somewhat out of our control. The local council has a long term action plan in place to reduce the numbers in a humane way which has already had a significant impact on the gull population. Car parking charges were introduced well over a year ago and guests are advised in advance that there is an additional charge for this facility. I was delighted to see Michael's name mentioned and will certainly pass your compliments onto him. I hope that you will consider staying with us should you visit Worcester again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worcester
Diglis House Hotel
Travelodge Worcester
Travelodge Worcester
#10 of 11 in Worcester
Bank House Hotel, Spa & Golf, BW Premier Collection

Been to Worcester Whitehouse Hotel? Share your experiences!