“Good hotel in city centre location”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Everything about the Whitehouse hotel in Worcester is perfectly fine. The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable, the staff are very efficient and helpful, the breakfast is good and the bar is a nice place for a late night drink. I haven't given the hotel 5 stars because it lacks any real charm or character but for a city centre hotel you couldn't really ask for more.

Parking was no problem, there were plenty of spaces available even on a busy weekend and the £6 a day charge represents good value, probably not worth paying extra for a reserved space.

The spa facilities were a bit disappointing, the pool is tiny and the changing rooms were a bit shabby but the manager has assured me that these are in the process of being renovated.

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor at the back of the hotel was very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time. We are in the process of upgrading the changing rooms to include a new finish to the lockers and we have just completed the total refurbishment of the adapted facilities for guests with impaired health. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back next time you're in Worcester.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We had a voucher supposedly worth £25.90 for afternoon tea (12.95 each). Their afternoon tea is advertised at £9.95 and for £11.95 you get a glass of Pigualle Brut. We were told we were only entitled to one cup of tea each but the waiter bought a pot (2 cups each). We asked for another pot and were told we would be charged but then he relented and bought another pot making a big deal of the favour! ( They claim you get 'free flowing speciallity tea)!
We had six small boring sandwiches, a scone each and had to choose between three cakes. We picked the fruit cake which was a slice of shop bought cake. Everyting arrived on one plate instead of cake stands which we could see on some other tables!
What a horrible experience and not worth the walk from the cathedral.

2  Thank SolihullCatwoman

I apologise that your experience with us did not meet with your expectations; please be assured that I have spoken to the waiter concerned with regards to the service of the tea in order to prevent a recurrence of this nature. However, I would like to clarify a couple of points - the price you paid was not just for the afternoon tea, it included car parking and use of the spa facilities and whilst you may consider the choice of sandwiches to be boring, the selection was specifically chosen as they have proved to be the most popular of fillings. I would also like to add that we have served in excess of 200 guests through this offer, have accommodated lots of special requests and I am delighted to say, received many compliments.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I booked 2 rooms at the Whitehouse for 1 night at the weekend. The hotel is 4 star but my opinion is that it is barely 3 star, there were no shower caps in the bathroom and no bottled water in the bedroom which I would expect from a 4 star hotel. The bathroom was clean but the bedroom was very dusty with cobwebs on the ceiling and about 2cm of dust on the bulbs of the bedside lamps. The net curtains were dirty and the room was hot and stuffy even with the window open. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was a good choice for breakfast. I had emailed when I made the booking asking if they could cater for coeliacs but no one answered, I asked for gluten free bread at breakfast but they had none.

My son wanted to use the pool on Saturday evening but was told that the last admittance was 7.15pm which was rather early.

Another point worth mentioning is that the gulls are very noisy 24 hours a day, not the hotels fault but no good if you are a light sleeper!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

I am sorry that some aspects of your stay did not meet with your expectations, please be assured that I have spoken to the Head Housekeeper with regards to the levels of cleanliness in your room - this is certainly most unusual. I also note your comments about shower caps - these are availale at reception if required and mineral water is provided on a complimentary basis in our Executive rooms but not in our standard rooms. My apologies for the lack of gluten free bread at breakfast - this was indeed an oversight on our part. On a more positive note, I was pleased to read that you found the staff to be friendly and enjoyed the choice at breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at the hotel. We had a voucher for the experience and found it to be brilliant value for money. We had a relaxing swim and used the steam room and the jacuzzi, then sat relaxing with a drink in the bar and had our afternoon tea later. The staff were very accomodating and efficient. The afternoon tea was good for the money and the staff were again attentive and filled our tea pots when we asked.
As a bonus, we also got to see the Queen as, unbeknown to us, she was visiting Worcester for the day. We didn't get to use the hotel carpark because of road closures but that was fine. We travelled over 40 miles for the day and it was well worth it! Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MC100
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

I am delighted that you had a pleasant time with us, enjoying your afternoon and use of the health club. Thank you for your compliments about the staff - I will certainly pass your comments onto the team. I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

Shocking.
Never ever would i recommend this to anyone.

The staff haven't got a clue. Ill mannered. No people skills.
Miss sold.

Oh my word the state of the place. Not tidy.

Room Tip: Awful, unwelcoming.
4  Thank Kerry S
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I am sorry that your experience did not meet with your expectations - it's interesting that you have commented on sleep quality and rooms when in fact you came on an offer for afternoon tea & use of the health club so did not experience these areas of the hotel. Whilst you are obviously entitled to your opinion, it is purely subjective and as you can see if you read other reviews I am pleased to say that the majority of guests enjoy their time with us and frequently return.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Just stayed the 1 night nice lady on reception very helpful clean tidy room had breakfast in the room which was fab check out 12 o'clock nice and late as no rush to get home will be back when in the area

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris S
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Arrived saturday afternoon, fairly tired after walking a section of the worcestershire way, checking in was fast and efficient and we were given a room on the second floor overlooking the main street.We went down and had a drink and light snack in the bar, which was reasonably priced and very tasty. That night we ate out and back to our room around 10.30, we found it fairly difficult to get to sleep because of the traffic and general late night revelling from the street below, this went on into the early hours.Got up breakfast was excellent. Overall the hotel was very clean, well run and friendly, and if you want a good nights sleep it may well pay to ask for one of the quieter rooms at the back, as our friends did!.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank julian221265
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

I was delighted you had an enjoyable stay and found the our service and facilities to be of a high standard. I will pass your compliments onto the team. Our central location is ideal to explore Worcester and surrounding area but on occasions as a result we can be subjected to the usual noise of a busyand vibrant city which unfortunately, is somewhat out of our control. I'm pleased that this did not marr your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.