“Good location but a charge for Parking & WiFi”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Melbourne, Australia
“Good location but a charge for Parking & WiFi”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

The hotel was in a really central location and the staff were very helpful. A charge was made to use WiFi, a service that really should be supplied as part of the tariff in all hotels now and they also charged for parking.

Our room was a good size, but was hot as the airconditioner wasn’t working.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
I was pleased to read that you found the staff very helpful and the location good. I note your comments regarding the charges for WiFi and car parking and am sorry that you are not in favour of this. However, it is standard practice for hotels to charge for these additional services especially as our WiFi service has a restricted number of lines and is security protected and our car parking facilities are limited. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 July 2012

just been for tea and I must say it was very nice good service pleasant surroundings a little bit on the warm side but never the less enjoyable, staff very helpful.will tell all our friends about it as its a nice way to end a day shopping

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent afternoon tea experience; I was pleased to see that you had an enjoyable time and will pass your compliments onto the team. We are certainly well located in the city centre for those guests who wish to unwind in relaxing surroundings after a busy day of shopping and I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Kelso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

Visited the hotel after buying a Groupon voucher for afternoon tea.
What a great experience! Afternoon tea which consists of sandwiches, cake, scones and tea or coffee was presented well and looked and tasted great!
Service was given with a smile and nothing was too much trouble. In fact from the moment we walked in to the moment we left we felt valued.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
I was delighted to read your comments about your recent afternoon tea experience; I will certainly pass your compliments onto the team. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We recently stayed at the Whitehouse to explore Worcester and the surrounding area. Hotel location excellent and friendly staff. The room was clean and tidy and the self-service breakfast was good. Ideal for what we needed. We would go back and and next time try their pool facilities.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time at the hotel, thank you for letting us know. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Everything about the Whitehouse hotel in Worcester is perfectly fine. The rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable, the staff are very efficient and helpful, the breakfast is good and the bar is a nice place for a late night drink. I haven't given the hotel 5 stars because it lacks any real charm or character but for a city centre hotel you couldn't really ask for more.

Parking was no problem, there were plenty of spaces available even on a busy weekend and the £6 a day charge represents good value, probably not worth paying extra for a reserved space.

The spa facilities were a bit disappointing, the pool is tiny and the changing rooms were a bit shabby but the manager has assured me that these are in the process of being renovated.

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor at the back of the hotel was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time. We are in the process of upgrading the changing rooms to include a new finish to the lockers and we have just completed the total refurbishment of the adapted facilities for guests with impaired health. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back next time you're in Worcester.
Solihull
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We had a voucher supposedly worth £25.90 for afternoon tea (12.95 each). Their afternoon tea is advertised at £9.95 and for £11.95 you get a glass of Pigualle Brut. We were told we were only entitled to one cup of tea each but the waiter bought a pot (2 cups each). We asked for another pot and were told we would be charged but then he relented and bought another pot making a big deal of the favour! ( They claim you get 'free flowing speciallity tea)!
We had six small boring sandwiches, a scone each and had to choose between three cakes. We picked the fruit cake which was a slice of shop bought cake. Everyting arrived on one plate instead of cake stands which we could see on some other tables!
What a horrible experience and not worth the walk from the cathedral.

2 Thank SolihullCatwoman
I apologise that your experience with us did not meet with your expectations; please be assured that I have spoken to the waiter concerned with regards to the service of the tea in order to prevent a recurrence of this nature. However, I would like to clarify a couple of points - the price you paid was not just for the afternoon tea, it included car parking and use of the spa facilities and whilst you may consider the choice of sandwiches to be boring, the selection was specifically chosen as they have proved to be the most popular of fillings. I would also like to add that we have served in excess of 200 guests through this offer, have accommodated lots of special requests and I am delighted to say, received many compliments.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I booked 2 rooms at the Whitehouse for 1 night at the weekend. The hotel is 4 star but my opinion is that it is barely 3 star, there were no shower caps in the bathroom and no bottled water in the bedroom which I would expect from a 4 star hotel. The bathroom was clean but the bedroom was very dusty with cobwebs on the ceiling and about 2cm of dust on the bulbs of the bedside lamps. The net curtains were dirty and the room was hot and stuffy even with the window open. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was a good choice for breakfast. I had emailed when I made the booking asking if they could cater for coeliacs but no one answered, I asked for gluten free bread at breakfast but they had none.

My son wanted to use the pool on Saturday evening but was told that the last admittance was 7.15pm which was rather early.

Another point worth mentioning is that the gulls are very noisy 24 hours a day, not the hotels fault but no good if you are a light sleeper!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
GeneralManager57, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
I am sorry that some aspects of your stay did not meet with your expectations, please be assured that I have spoken to the Head Housekeeper with regards to the levels of cleanliness in your room - this is certainly most unusual. I also note your comments about shower caps - these are availale at reception if required and mineral water is provided on a complimentary basis in our Executive rooms but not in our standard rooms. My apologies for the lack of gluten free bread at breakfast - this was indeed an oversight on our part. On a more positive note, I was pleased to read that you found the staff to be friendly and enjoyed the choice at breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worcester
Ye Olde Talbot
Bank House Hotel, Spa & Golf, BW Premier Collection
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Callow End

Been to Worcester Whitehouse Hotel? Share your experiences!