1,167 results
All reviews leisure facilities steam room opposite the train station car park travelling by train central location good size third floor per day lovely hotel business trip high street tea and coffee plenty of hot water breakfast was excellent sandwiches centre of town
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My second annual visit and get together with old boarding school friends to attend memorial service for our old housemaster at WRGS. Cannot fault room Breakfast very good hot food great service and excellent service at Bar in the evenings Sunday lunch was good again great service Front desk very helpful and very pleased with my experience again. Many Thanks and will be back next year

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and will certainly pass your compliments onto the team, reception in particular. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Booked this hotel for a works party. Lovely venue, central location, great room size for a party. Tables were laid out well but what a disappointment when the food arrived? The soup was tasty but tepid, the turkey was processed and cold, the vegetables were limp tired and again cold. However the bar service was good and generally everything else was lovely.

• Stayed: December 2012
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience. I am sorry that the food did not meet with your expectations - it is certainly most unusual to receive such feedback. We ensure that throughout the party nights, as many guests as possible are asked if their meals are to their satisfaction enabling us to resolve any issues at the time and I apologise if this did not happen on this occasion. I was however pleased to read that you found everything else to your satisfaction and would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Stayed for one night as going to xmas party in worcester. Hotel looks a little tired from outside but good parking at back and very welcoming staff. Room on 3rd floor at back was quiet and comfortable, although bed very firm.
Breakfast excellent - food hot, good and plentiful. Tables a little small but service very quick and friendly.
Check-out is not till 12 and breakfast served till 10…so great for a leisurely start!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and found the staff to be friendly. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel and i would definitely recommend it. The hotel is of a very high standard and based rite in the city centre with shops, pubs and restaurants on your doorstep. The staff are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them. The rooms are very comfortable and decorated to a high standard, fab bathrooms they are modern with a fab power shower. The restaurant staff were very helpful and attentive always making sure u had everything u needed. Breakfast was full english or continental with plenty of everything including ur juices, fresh fruit, yogurts, croissants etc. Sunday lunch was excellent with a good choice set menu and very reasonably priced. Big thanks to Michael Lupino and all the other staff for making our stay so enjoyable. See you all soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff to be an asset to the hotel, Michael especially who I will certainly pass your compliments on to. As you say we are ideally located for all that the city has to offer whether your visit is for business or pleasure. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I've stayed here a fair bit now and have as can be seen from othe reviews, sampled other hotels in Worcester. It must be said, this is the best of the lot for my money.

The front of house staff are efficient as anything and nothing seems too be too big a problem for them. Helpful, knowledgable, well-trained and courteous every time I have stayed. I only ever take breakfast, so can't comment about the restaurant, but the staff at breakfast seat you quickly, take notice of whether you are expecting anyone to join you, deliver tea/coffee and toast quickly and are generally excellent.

"The odd minor quibble" I hear you say though. Well, some of the rooms seem to be quite draughty and this could be an issue for some. There are some rooms, in the vicinity of the lifts, where you could hear an ant walk outside the door due to the remarkably noisy floorboards. If this could be sorted, it would be great. Finally, the old internet question which has been mentioned a few times in reviews. If you are paying in the vicinity of £100 for a room for the night, I would expect internet to be included. I've had the parking charge explained to me and that's fair enough, but in this day and age, I feel internet should be free, or maybe meet the guest half way and only charge £2 for the day... Just a thought

I'm still giving it an excellent as I feel it deserves it for being the best hotel I've stayed at in the Worcester area

Room Tip: Not sure exactly which rooms they are, but try to avoid the rooms in the corridor adjacent to the lift unless you like hearing people walk by....
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay; I was delighted to read that you find our customer service to a high level and that you enjoy staying with us. I am sorryhowever, if you were inconvenienced in anyway by the creaking floorboards, unfortunately a down side of staying in such an historical building although I will certainly ask the Maintenance team to investigate. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in the city.