“Great location for the races”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“Great location for the races”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great location in the middle of Worcester and a 10 minute walk to the race track. Some of the friendliest staff in any hotel I've stayed at. Only downside is that our room did not have air conditioning which we didn't find out about until the morning on one of the hottest nights of the year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff to be friendly, I will certainly forward your compliments onto the team. As you say our location is ideal for those visiting the city not only for the races but for rugby, cricket, culture; the list is endless. The hotel doesn't currently benefit from air conditioning but this is something that is being investigated. I hope that this will not deter you from returning and that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back next time you're visiting Worcester.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Polish first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We sadly could only stay one night but will definitely return if we get a chance. The Worcester Whitehouse's Spring Break offer is good value for money. We had a spacious double room with comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our inclusive dinner offered a varied choice on the menu, and, having downloaded a £5 discount off food/drink over £20 off the hotel's website, we only had to pay for our discounted bottle of wine.
Breakfast the next morning (included in the Spring Break offer) was super: loads of choice from and hot and cold buffet.
Use of the spa facilities was also included in the deal, which we sadly didn't have time to benefit from; we'll definitely make time to do this next visit!

Room Tip: My only advice would be to ask for a room away from the front, as the noise from people in the stree...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable 'Spring Break' stay. I will certainly pass your compliments onto the team and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
united kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Myself and eight friends enjoyed lunch at this hotel well what a gem it was delightful no one hurried us and we could enjoy a couple of hours in this very nice hotel I would recommend this hotel right in the centre of Worcester

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am delighted that you and your friends had an enjoyable Sunday lunch with us recently; thank you for taking the time to let us know, I will certainly pass your compliments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
South Wales
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed for two nights. We were checked in by a very nice blonde lady (sorry didn't get her name) very polite and helpful .Our room was clean and comfortable, the room looked as though it had recently been updated. The buffet breakfast could have been hotter, staff were good. Centrally situated, very close to the train station. Our only moan and this is nothing that is controlled by the hotel, are the seagulls. They started screeching around 5.30am each morning, and when we went to our car they had left present for nearly everyone, I think a car wash at the end of the road would do a brisk trade.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SouthWalesSunseeker
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am pleased that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay. The council are aware of the issue regarding the seagulls and have a long term action plan in place to reduce the number of gulls in an humane way but this does however take time as they are a protected species. In fact, I am pleased to say there is a vast reduction in the number of birds returning this year than in previous years. I hope that this will not deter you from returning and that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.
Halmstad, Sverige
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went to Worcester to visit our daugther who is a student. After arriving to Birmingham Airport we took the train to Worcester. The Whitehouse hotel is on the opposite side of the street outside the station in the middle of the city. Perfect! The hotel is very clean and nice. We took a swim in the pool and it´s very nice. No cost for hotelguests.... The breakfast is good and contains what you might need. It´s a bit fuzzy to have to order omeletts and fried eggs but it´s not a problem. Takes a little while though...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay. As you say, the hotel is ideally located for those guests travelling by train and close to all the sights this city has to offer. I have noted your comments about breakfast and apologise that the service was not as smooth as it should have been. The team have asked to be associated with my apologies as this is most unusual. I hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back next time you visit your daughter.
Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Overall a good hotel with attentive staff, nice rooms and a good health club . Excellent location too.

Main problem was, when booking, I requested a quiet room by email. The room I got was on the main road and I was kept awake until 4 am by noisy drunks making their way home. The double glazing is largely ineffective . Management should take notice of specific room requests .
Other problem was hopeless wifi which had speeds akin to a Third world country. When wifi is charged and not free, a fast and consistent service should be provided. Management should ditch the third party wifi provider.

Overall would stay again providing these issues are resolved

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank nicko68
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am sorry that you encountered a couple of issues that marred your stay but I am pleased to advise you that we have signed a contract with new Wi-Fi suppliers so the issues that you experienced will be eliminated shortly. My apologies for the oversight with the allocation of room but given our location in this busy city centre it is difficult to ensure a total noise free environment given the factors outside our control. I have however taken the liberty of making a note on your file to allocate one of the rooms away from the main road that I trust will be acceptable should you decide to stay with us on a future occasion.
Hammamet, Tunisia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

On Friday 16th May I attended The Wedding murder mystery evening enacted by Murder Incorp Ltd and hosted by the Worcester Whitehouse hotel. I attended with a small group who I had invited as business clients and thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening, as well as my guests who were very pleased with the change of scenery and the opportunity to be involved in a murder mystery.
The murder mystery was enacted by a great group of actors who spent a significant time interacting with us over dinner - they kept us guessing all the way through the evening and ended the evening in a spectacular "who dunnit" brief.
The staff at the Worcester Whitehouse and the events team are highly commended! The staff ensured that the drinks and food were served discreetly and they were attentive to every need.
A special mention also to Kenny, the Events Coordinator, as he ensured our booking was handled swiftly and tailored it to my requirements - indeed I contacted three other similar events across Worcestershire and despite chasing they never responded to the enquiry!
I am now looking forward to the next opportunity I have to attend a murder mystery at the Worcester Whitehouse Hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our recent Murder Mystery event, I am delighted that you had a great time and enjoyed the 'murder'. I am pleased that the level of service you received from the team, especially Kenny in our Meetings and Events Department was to a high standard and I will certainly pass on your compliments. As a note of interest, our next Murder Mystery, the School Reunion is later in the year on Saturday 13 September so we'll hopefully see you then, if not before.