“Yet another great return visit.”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have stayed here many times over the years and always fully enjoyed my stays, be it on business or with family. This visit last week was no exception, from checking in at front desk to having a grat room provided. All the staff are just so helpful as had been said many times before. Am back again this week so I know how well I will be looked after. One thing to remember if travelling by train to leave at Worcester Foregate Street where the hotel if right opposite. Do travel to Worcester Shrub Hill as its over a mile from hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay; the team & I are delighted that you find everything to a high standard and suitable for your needs. One point however, as there is a small typing error and that is 'don't' get off at Shrub Hill station as it is Foregate Street Station that is closest to the hotel, opopsite in fact. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here whilst visiting my family in Worcester. It is convenient for the city and the staff are mostly fine, but the rooms are much too hot and the fan provided is inadequate to cool the room. I asked for a quiet room and got one overlooking the car park which looked ok until the seagulls started up and the noise was appalling. The walls are quite thin and luckily I brought my own shower cap and flannels (not provided). Some areas were worn and dated and some carpets dirty. The small pool was ok and I chatted to several locals who are allowed in to swim. They recommended other better pools and gyms I could attend. The breakfast was quite good and plentiful. I did not eat any other meals here as my family recommended two restaurants locally, the Marwood and Bills in town centre. Judy was very helpful and professional on the desk, but another receptionist could not find me a standard room for an extra night even though my daughter was in hospital and I could not afford a superior room.
Would I stay here again? Probably not as I have now found other better options.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel is quietest but you have to love seagulls! All rooms seem to be boiling hot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate you for the additional night but pleased to read that the service you received from Judy was friendly and professional who as a result of being personally mentioned receives a box of chocolates. I have taken on board the other comments you raised and would welcome the opportunity of being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Attended a wedding here and stopped over. The service was amazing all day long. Staff were all polite an helpful. The room was fantastic with high standard if cleanliness. They looked after the bride and bridal party throughout their whole stay as if they were royalty. Couldn't fault anything about any part of the time I was there. Breakfast the next day was also good. Felt relaxed and well looked after the entire time

• Stayed: July 2014

I am delighted that you had a fabulous and relaxing stay and found the service levels to be of a high standard; thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

First the major plus: couldn't be more conveniently situated for a city hotel, with all amenities close at hand.
Sadly, the positive ends there. The hotel is shabby and dated. Our room was very basic, and I have never stayed anywhere in this price range that doesn't provide a shower cap and face flannels - appalling.
Depressing decor in the common rooms. Breakfast extremely poor, with greasy, cold buffet and pastries dried up and unappetising. Waiter just shrugged when I asked if milk was semi-skimmed, so I had to ask another chap who also didn't know, but was at least prepared to ask in the kitchen - unbelievable!
Seagulls screeching all night long put paid to any sleep, although obviously this is not the fault of the hotel. Does not make for a relaxing stay though. Also, there is no air conditioning, so it was like trying to sleep in a sauna.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, is all I would say!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vivien B

I am sorry that your stay did not meet with your expectations and that the service and quality of breakfast was below our usual high standards. Please be assured that I have spoken to the Head of Department concerned in order to ensure there is not a recurrence. We have thousands of guests stay at the hotel and it is difficult to please everyone's taste in decor as it is personal but I have to disagree with your comment about the 'common areas' being shabby. Flannels and shower caps were removed from the rooms many years ago due to lack of use but I offer my apologies for a less than perfect sleep. Whilst unfortunately the hotel bedrooms do not benefit from air conditioning we do not state that they do although this currently being looked into and as you say the noise created by the seagulls is somewhat out of my control especially as they are a protected species but the local authority is aware of the issue and is managing to reduce the population in a humane way. Perhaps I can suggest a return visit in the autumn when the seagulls have left the city and the temperature is cooler.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I can not thank the hotel staff enough!
Our wedding was more then perfect!
From the day we booked it - day of and after wedding they have been truly amazing!
All the staff right down to chambermaids were so attentive, nothing was to much trouble for anyone, if We has asked them to try and move the moon I'm sure they would of tried!
The food was beautiful, ambience was too- so much so that the other hotel users were all " feeling the love" as one guest described it too!
I felt like I was treated like a princess the three days we were there!
Our rooms ( we had 5 between us) were spotless, and more then comfortable, our 4 poster room was very romantic!
Loved breakfast the day after with our guests that had stayed over we had a group table
Thank you whitehouse!
For the most amazing day of our lives!

• Stayed: June 2014

Firstly, congratulations to you and your husband, I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your wedding day with us and would like to thank you for letting us know that you had an amazing time; the staff will be really pleased that their efforts have been appreciated. I hope that we have the opportunity of be of service to you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Overall the service was great, and the room was large and comfortable. The hotel was convenient to the train station and the local area. Internet was 5£ per device! and inconsistent throughout the 24 hours.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay; I am delighted that you found the staff to be friendly and the service great. I am also delighted to advise you that we have now changed supplier for our Wi-Fi and having spoken to numerous guests, the connectivity has vastly improved. Not only that, the system enables you to use it on multiple devices which was not available before, something I hope you will make use of next time you stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

First of all on arrival you are greeted with a brilliant smile from reception, Merian on reception was so helpful and really can't do enough to help so a massive thank you to her. The next is the restaurant and ALL the staff where brilliant and very friendly and helpful yet again, being disabled I'm grateful to all the staff for all there all. The room was homely and comfortable to, so if you want that 5 star treatment from a reasonably priced hotel in Worcester then the White house hotel is most definitely the one to pick. Again thank you all for a brilliant 3 night amazing stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff to be welcoming, helpful and friendly. I will certainly pass your compliments onto the team as they will be very pleased that their high levels of service have been recognised. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in Worcester.